Posted By: Cheerio msnbc more biased than fox - 11/03/12 12:19 AM
http://www.journalism.org/analysis_report/winning_media_campaign_2012

discuss
Posted By: Sini Re: msnbc more biased than fox - 11/03/12 02:44 AM

What is 71? % of all coverage?
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: msnbc more biased than fox - 11/03/12 04:00 AM
Originally Posted By: sini

Yes it's percentage. If you would pay attention to the top left of the picture in small letters is say's... "Percent of stories with tone" [surprise1]
Posted By: Sini Re: msnbc more biased than fox - 11/03/12 01:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Originally Posted By: sini

Yes it's percentage. If you would pay attention to the top left of the picture in small letters is say's... "Percent of stories with tone" [surprise1]

I still not understanding this statistic. Percent of stories about Romney? I don't think MSNBC spends 71% of all stories on Romney?

In that case, why is this meaningful statistic? You have to normalize to number of stories - in FOX does 1000 stories and MSNBC does 100, percentage comparison is also meaningless.

As you can see I don't think methods of this "study" are any good.

As to comparing MSNBC bias to FOX, I think its better leave this shit-eating connoisseurs, both are yellow media.
Posted By: JetStar Re: msnbc more biased than fox - 11/03/12 07:05 PM
I watch lots of all news channels, and noone lies or twists shit more than Fox news period. There is hundreds of examples on YouTube.

Don't try to defend Fox either as I am prepared to SPAM with examples.
Posted By: Derid Re: msnbc more biased than fox - 11/03/12 08:24 PM
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

ABC, CNN arent much better.

MSNBC one of the better ones, cause they have Lawrence Odonnel who is at least a straight shooter even if I dont agree with him at all regarding social policies.

The state of television journalism in this county is gutter level period. What you consider the worst offender to be is typically determined by your leanings.

As someone who despises both the GOP and Dem aspect of our single political party more or less equally, its easy for me to say theyre all garbage and you guys are arguing over which pile of shit is the steamiest.

That being said, FOX is more Obama friendly than MSNBC is Romney friendly. But even though Murdoch certainly has and pursues agendas, his agenda is not necessarily the GOP agenda. He simply favors using GOP friendly psychological levers. The other MSM is the same way, they just use different levers that typically resonate with different people.

The purpose of any of the big media, is not to inform and its not to help a specific politician. Its to defend the status quo. Its to make sure people are entertained and distracted, and never peer beyond the veil of superficial politics and see things for how they really are.

MSM treats their viewers like mushrooms, it doesnt matter what network it is.

If you want real news, you have to go to select print media outlets for the most part. Occasionally on the Atlantics, Forbes, etc - you will still occasionally find some real journalism and analysis.
Posted By: Daye Re: msnbc more biased than fox - 11/06/12 09:53 PM
The only news you're going to find that isn't biased Republican or Democrat will be OUTSIDE of the US.

They may be Anti-American, but they really don't care much past that. . . we're all infidels and heathens in their eyes :D
Posted By: JetStar Re: msnbc more biased than fox - 11/07/12 04:57 AM
I trust PBS, Frontline, and 60 Minutes.
© The KGB Oracle