The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Derid Forbes article - drug war - 04/20/12 06:06 PM

Its time to end the Drug War.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/artcarden/2012/04/19/lets-be-blunt-its-time-to-end-the-drug-war/

Great read.
Posted By: Mithus Re: Forbes article - drug war - 04/20/12 06:16 PM
short article but I do not see any really good excuse to NOT legalize marijuana, while i do not agree that would have less violence because the bad guys would just migrate to another heavy drug to have money, people generating violance are not in because the drug itself they are for the money, and there are other drugs that would not apply to be legalized.
Posted By: Derid Re: Forbes article - drug war - 04/20/12 06:24 PM

Yes and no, but demand for the other drugs would not necessarily be high.. and therefore not very profitable. It takes hundreds of billions of dollars to finance the huge violent military cartel organizations and their subsidiaries.

Plus there is the simple govt waste aspect, we jail a lot of people for possessing/growing/selling drugs at a cost of 30 to 40k$/yr per head. Thats a lot of wasted money.
Posted By: Mithus Re: Forbes article - drug war - 04/20/12 06:33 PM
The prohibition of achool in USA(1919-1933) is a great example of that type thing do not work, we are wasting time(from police) and money from tax payers on this type of thing.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Forbes article - drug war - 04/20/12 08:44 PM
Just kill them all. In past times when those silly border gangs got stupid we did not change our laws to accommodate them going to prison.

We sent in the Texas Rangers and laid waste to them until they decided not to be stupid anymore.

Well we have let them become stupid and done nothing to check them.
Posted By: Derid Re: Forbes article - drug war - 04/20/12 09:12 PM

The whole drug problem is a lot bigger than the Texas piece...

though I actually agree, that the Texas border issue could stand to be handled better.
Posted By: Arkh Re: Forbes article - drug war - 04/20/12 09:16 PM
Legalize all drugs. Your body is yours, if you want to ruin it go ahead.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Forbes article - drug war - 04/20/12 09:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Arkh

The only problem with this is that currently I have to pay for your stupidity if you choose to do this. However, add some drug screening to the social benefits our government provides with my tax money and I'm all in.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Forbes article - drug war - 04/20/12 10:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: Arkh

The only problem with this is that currently I have to pay for your stupidity if you choose to do this. However, add some drug screening to the social benefits our government provides with my tax money and I'm all in.

Drug screening for some social benefits (i.e. welfare) would probably increase crime rates, though. If you stop giving free money to the crazier, more serious drug addicts, then they'll fucking stab you in the street to pay for their addiction. :(

That being said, legalize!
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Forbes article - drug war - 04/21/12 12:08 AM
I agree Sling. It would make for some crazed idiots. I feel however that in the past few years we have become too sissified and loveydovey to handle that.

The solution...kill all zombies!
Posted By: Cheerio Re: Forbes article - drug war - 04/24/12 04:43 AM
I HAVE A SOLUTION!
End all welfare. Seriously, baby steps. First, you decriminalize all drugs. Then, you have the people getting farm aid grow the drugs here and the gov't buys them. THEN you give them FREE to anyone over the age of 21 who wants them- as much as they can carry. Death penalty for people who provide them to minors. Offer $5000, maybe even $20,000 to anyone who wants to sterilize themselves. Maybe mix a lil abortifacient into the drug supply. Anyone who goes to state prison will be sterilized. Kids taken away from druggies will have their identities changed and the parents will never see them again. My plan will even create jobs as we will need people to pick up all the bodies off the streets
Posted By: Derid Re: Forbes article - drug war - 04/24/12 02:28 PM

Lol.

Someones been watching Prayer of the Rollerboys
© The KGB Oracle