The KGB Oracle
Posted By: LLJKSoviet sup - 07/18/06 07:35 PM
sup guys, just finished a 2-year stint of wow on malganis horde

here is the last screenshot I ever took after owning the shit out of a ton of alliance (fel stamina/soul link with destruction ftw)

can anyone please tell me the irc info because ive been looking for over an hour through google and cant find it

thanks
Posted By: Owain Re: sup - 07/18/06 07:38 PM
I don't think we really use IRC any more. I think we mostly use voice chat through ventrillo.
Posted By: LLJKSoviet Re: sup - 07/18/06 07:41 PM
how sad because I have no working microphone

this is soviet from andred and treachery in case anyone remembers me but i doubt it
Posted By: Garal Re: sup - 07/18/06 08:23 PM
SOVIET! What's up man? You played a dwarf thane right?
Posted By: LLJKSoviet Re: sup - 07/18/06 08:32 PM
briton paladin in red dyed armor my good sir

i never got past level 33
Posted By: Elph Re: sup - 07/18/06 10:35 PM
hey soviet!long time no see!!
I wasn't sure if it was you or not what the LLJK for ?
KGB doesn't use IRC anymore
So you been doing WoW for 2 yrs did you play beta?
Posted By: Garal Re: sup - 07/18/06 11:01 PM
Ahh I think I was thinking of a guy named Smoke or something like that. Anyhow welcome back :P
Posted By: LLJKSoviet Re: sup - 07/19/06 01:26 AM
Quote:

hey soviet!long time no see!!
I wasn't sure if it was you or not what the LLJK for ?
KGB doesn't use IRC anymore
So you been doing WoW for 2 yrs did you play beta?

yeah I was in beta, the LLJK is leet liek jeff k which is the unofficial clan tag used by people from the something awful forums (http://forums.somethingawful.com) in FPS games

so are you guys going to play warhammer online
Posted By: Raekwon Re: sup - 07/19/06 05:08 AM
Hey Soviet, I remember you comrade

We haven't really talked about Warhammer much, many of us know of it though. The feeling im getting is that it's a WoW clone; which is a bad thing.

We've been mostly focusing on Darkfall as the next big game, as well as Age of Conan. Which ever we can get into beta first will win our attention
Posted By: afshin Re: sup - 07/19/06 07:06 AM
my lock is affliction spec'd....just for leveling anyway if I ever do get too 60 (I doubt it) i'll go destruction

and /wave soviet
Posted By: Elph Re: sup - 07/19/06 03:26 PM
i was intrested in warhammer then i found out that Mythic and EA recently joined forces so I am sure they are going to fuck the game up
Posted By: afshin Re: sup - 07/19/06 07:03 PM
Mythic will be developing the game...EA is just a publisher

EA still kept around the Mythic staff that developed Daoc so we can still expect a great game
Posted By: Raekwon Re: sup - 07/20/06 09:04 AM
There's a new warhammer video out on YouTube.com. Sorry I don't have the link on hand but you could probably just doa search for Warhammer video and find it. It's like 6 minutes long and shows the dev trolling around ina newbie area killing mobs and doing a quest.

Although I still feel like it's WoW 2 and so will be boring after the first 3 months, I will give credit to them in their questing system. They say that quests are public, as in if the quest you got was to kill 10 dogs by the farm then when you got to the farm if someone else was there and they already killed 5 dogs Your quest log would update to having 5 dogs already killed. You wouldn't have to join groups or share quests, the two of you would just keep killing dogs and the quest would be completed for you both. Furthermore the quest can be repeated I guess for more exp grinding.

This is a good thing because one of the major downsides to the questing in WoW was, you'd want to quest with a friend but after just a few days the two of you would have such different quest logs that you couldn't even group. Forced to group with random people instead of your friend that's actually online.

However the best solution of all is how Darkfall online is doing it! Skill based / non-loot dependent system! When a friend logs on you both can go to the same spawn and skill up swords together. There are quests in DFO but they seem to be for getting access to new skills. So you can easily just solo skill up your skills and when a friend gets on go to do the quest. And in this case neither person feels like they wasted anytime.
© The KGB Oracle