The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Heidi Modzilla Firefox - 11/28/05 07:54 PM
Well I thought I would share this bit of information with everyone. I like using both IE and Firefox but I found that Firefox had a tendency to lock up repeatedly. Trying to browse any forum could take anywhere from 30min to an hour with all the lockups inbetween.

I finally searched the main support forums and found that Firefox HATES Hyperthreading. Instead of turning off precious processes and systems all that needs to be done is through your Modzilla Firefox Icon.

-Right Click on your desktop Icon.
-Go to Properties.
-Click on Compatibility.
-Select to run the program in compatibility mode for Windows98/WinME
-This will ensure that Hyperthreading is disabled for your browser program ONLY.

Hope this helps someone
Posted By: Elph Re: Modzilla Firefox - 11/28/05 09:39 PM
wow i am not sure what that is but i dont have any problems with it locking up, sometimes i do but it's very random, several mos ago i use to lock up alotr so i just reinstalled mozilla
Posted By: Rytz Re: Modzilla Firefox - 11/28/05 11:39 PM
Quote:

Well I thought I would share this bit of information with everyone. I like using both IE and Firefox but I found that Firefox had a tendency to lock up repeatedly. Trying to browse any forum could take anywhere from 30min to an hour with all the lockups inbetween.

I finally searched the main support forums and found that Firefox HATES Hyperthreading. Instead of turning off precious processes and systems all that needs to be done is through your Modzilla Firefox Icon.

-Right Click on your desktop Icon.
-Go to Properties.
-Click on Compatibility.
-Select to run the program in compatibility mode for Windows98/WinME
-This will ensure that Hyperthreading is disabled for your browser program ONLY.

Hope this helps someone

Hmm that's odd. I use hyper-threading with FireFox and haven't had any problems yet. Thanks for the info though.
Posted By: Elph Re: Modzilla Firefox - 11/29/05 01:17 AM
what is hyperthreading exactly before i do it..

also i can't use any smilies anyone else have that problem ?

I have winxp so i don't know if that matters as far as the hyperthreading thing
Posted By: Heidi Re: Modzilla Firefox - 11/29/05 01:25 AM
Hyperthreading involves your processor mainly with dual CPU's. Just helps your comp achieve more when you are running multiple goodies. My smilies wont pop up either I have to actually put them in like with keystrokes. The Instant Gremlins dont Instantly gremil for me
Posted By: Elph Re: Modzilla Firefox - 11/29/05 01:26 AM
oh i don't have dual cpu's so that doesn't apply to me lol
Posted By: Grif Re: Modzilla Firefox - 11/29/05 01:28 AM
is this the same system that caused people to order doubble DnL preorders?
Posted By: Heidi Re: Modzilla Firefox - 11/29/05 01:29 AM
lol i dont know anything about that. I would expect double orders happening cuz they are drooling and clicking their mouse so fast to try and beat the rush for keys.
Posted By: Grif Re: Modzilla Firefox - 11/29/05 01:33 AM
haha dang heidi i just spit my soda out ahah, ya im sure that helps the doubble orders butevery one that had extra orders used something i thought it was the same as what ya talkin bout. though it seemed to help them load the site faster then the normal stuff the rest of us use.
Posted By: Arkh Re: Modzilla Firefox - 11/29/05 10:08 PM
Firefox 1.5 released : ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5/
Posted By: Heidi Re: Modzilla Firefox - 11/29/05 10:49 PM
I use it but it still doesn't like my computer.
Posted By: Garal Re: Modzilla Firefox - 11/30/05 02:51 AM
Hmm I'm never had any problems with Firefox locking up.. also the plugins are f'n sweetsauce
Posted By: Eiveron Re: Modzilla Firefox - 11/30/05 03:25 AM
well smileys are old school click n' drag now
© The KGB Oracle