The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Drakiis Looking for old friends - 05/06/06 07:29 AM
It's common knowledge no matter where you go that the KGB are friendly and helpful and it is because of this that I have arrived here. I am looking for an old friend, and though I have PM'ed him using several methods I am unsure if he will recieve them. one of your number is also an old friend Crimthan and so I know I can count on this guild to answer my question.

Does anyone have the Headhunter Guild addy?

Crim have you heard from Mace?

He told me to give him a shout but I can't for the life of me find the site
Posted By: Elph Re: Looking for old friends - 05/06/06 02:03 PM
sorry i am not sure who you are looking for,but welcome to our guild halls
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Looking for old friends - 05/07/06 08:41 AM
Quote:

It's common knowledge no matter where you go that the KGB are friendly and helpful and it is because of this that I have arrived here. I am looking for an old friend, and though I have PM'ed him using several methods I am unsure if he will recieve them. one of your number is also an old friend Crimthan and so I know I can count on this guild to answer my question.

Does anyone have the Headhunter Guild addy?

Crim have you heard from Mace?

He told me to give him a shout but I can't for the life of me find the site

Posted By: Elph Re: Looking for old friends - 05/07/06 03:26 PM
Are you quoting yourself to point out that I am stupid lol..
Maybe if you are seeking answers from Crimthan only you should address the tite to Crimthan
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Looking for old friends - 05/07/06 10:50 PM
Hey Drak, ol' buddy. Lemme see...Mace rarely if ever responds to his email, and he doesn't even like to go by the name of "Mace" anymore. He goes by "Killogs" now. Although old timers like us still call him Mace...Last time in Email he said he hasn't had much time for MMO games...that's probably going to change when he has free time, though.

Here's his email addy: macsen252@comcast.net

Head Hunters...hmmm, never liked those guys. In fact, when I first started playing WoW and Dominion was friends with them, but he was in GRIM with us; I made a Macro on VENT that said the following: "Dominion licks Huge H H Hairy Ass."

Here's their old link - doesn't even work anymore:

http://sbheadhunters.com/

Ok, so are you implying that Mace joined Head Hunters? You're fucking JOKING, right? They're one of the WORST PVP Drama Queen guilds around. In fact, if you want me to log out of vent/teamspeak, start having an abundance of Drama for over 15 minutes...I'll be gone in a flash and you'd have to beg me to come back in.

Anyway, nice to see you here rather than lurking at the old Cadre Quietus pages. I like some of those guys, but hanging out with Zorak isn't usually my idea of a good time.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Looking for old friends - 05/07/06 10:51 PM
Quote:

Are you quoting yourself to point out that I am stupid lol..
Maybe if you are seeking answers from Crimthan only you should address the tite to Crimthan

Nah, Elph, he's implying that he's a smartass. He's a good guy.
Posted By: Elph Re: Looking for old friends - 05/07/06 11:02 PM
oh i know but i don't see the point in quoting himself lol..
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Looking for old friends - 05/08/06 12:18 AM
Sarcasm usually doesn't have much of a point other than to entertain the person being sarcastic, and those that like satirical humor, such as myself.

Actually, I'm now laughing my ass off the more I think about it. He accomplished quite a lot there by quoting himself. He got a reply from me, and has you wondering wtf is going on.....ROFLMAO....love ya Elph.
Posted By: Elph Re: Looking for old friends - 05/08/06 01:14 AM
actually i am not wondering at all hehe.Consider I am still very hormonal and sometimes bitchy since my baby is just 3wks old lol I was tryin to be a bit humorous in my reply to him instead of breathing fire LOL
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Looking for old friends - 05/08/06 02:38 AM
lol. Elph, you have beautiful kids. You look great even pregnant. Doesn't really look like you have much cause to worry about much...except where sleep is concerned...you know, baby in the middle of the night and all...
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Looking for old friends - 05/08/06 10:29 PM
As Crim pointed out I accomplished everything I needed by quoting myself I got more replies over the course of two days than I did for the first two days since I posted it. The post was pretty self explanatiory, but I decided that by highlighting key words it's be easier for those unsure of my request to understand. Yes I was being sarcastic, my apologies, Crim knows me very well.

Thanks for the help old friend, Zorak is more egotistic than ever I was imho, and I do NOT hang out there for his cheerful personality I assure you. Yes Mace PM'ed me saying he IS with headhunters, I of course cannot fathom why, and he elaborated on it very little. He must enjoy it there though, and he asked me to drop in and say hello, although he failed to mention where the guild site is.

Gotta go see ya Nate.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Looking for old friends - 05/08/06 10:32 PM
So when he quit GRIM as leader he joined HH? WTF? Lemme guess, that's where Mortiferus is as well...

Hacks.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Looking for old friends - 05/09/06 01:34 AM
Not sure of the others...wish I knew. When you want something dead in game, there's no one better than you though =)
Posted By: Elph Re: Looking for old friends - 05/09/06 01:07 PM
Crim what happened to Cherrymaxx? he was one of ya'll then he joined KGB before ya'll did then he has been mia forever
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Looking for old friends - 05/09/06 02:46 PM
I think he dropped out of gaming for a while - or worse; maybe he joined HH as well? There was some drama in GRIM between Mortiferus and Cherrymax, aka Garrot Sin for a while. Then Mace left GRIM, leaving me in charge, and Cherrymax joined KGB, being sick and tired of Mortiferus.
Then, you know the rest. Malphas and Kevin (forgot his character name) left GRIM and joined KGB for larger guild support....then later I joined with Ironrose.

Drama is bleh. When that shit started in SB, I just pulled out my Spear and beat the shit out of people rather than whine on the SB boards like most do. The highest level I got was 55 during the first few months of release, cause I hate grinding. Didn't matter. I dueled Cheeseman of PRX when he was a level 60 warrior and we were coming out even until I went into berzerker rage.

Yah, and everyone seemed to like playing rogues. Fucking ninnies. I got jumped by three of them at the same time once and two were near to death from my VENGEANCE skill alone (they received 50 damage per hit on me, and they were dual weilders, ROFL) before I physically dropped one at a time. Man, I miss my Half Giant Barbarian with spear mastery and commander...that was the closest character I ever played that came to my vision of what Crimthan is.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Looking for old friends - 05/09/06 09:01 PM
Quote:

I think he dropped out of gaming for a while - or worse; maybe he joined HH as well? There was some drama in GRIM between Mortiferus and Cherrymax, aka Garrot Sin for a while. Then Mace left GRIM, leaving me in charge, and Cherrymax joined KGB, being sick and tired of Mortiferus.
Then, you know the rest. Malphas and Kevin (forgot his character name) left GRIM and joined KGB for larger guild support....then later I joined with Ironrose.

Drama is bleh. When that shit started in SB, I just pulled out my Spear and beat the shit out of people rather than whine on the SB boards like most do. The highest level I got was 55 during the first few months of release, cause I hate grinding. Didn't matter. I dueled Cheeseman of PRX when he was a level 60 warrior and we were coming out even until I went into berzerker rage.

Yah, and everyone seemed to like playing rogues. Fucking ninnies. I got jumped by three of them at the same time once and two were near to death from my VENGEANCE skill alone (they received 50 damage per hit on me, and they were dual weilders, ROFL) before I physically dropped one at a time. Man, I miss my Half Giant Barbarian with spear mastery and commander...that was the closest character I ever played that came to my vision of what Crimthan is.

I personally never had a problem with Garrot, then again I think my tolorance for dick heads can be proven with my friendship to Crimthan though admittedly I was unaware of all the drama that took place during my absence from GRIM. I can definately understand though, there was a lot of attitude and conflicting personalities in GRIM. although it was made up of some of the most ruthless and skilled of players, well all except for me that is.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Looking for old friends - 05/09/06 09:22 PM
Hehehe, there's a difference between being a Dick and an asshole. You've seen "Team America: World Police" right?

Well Garrot was an asshole. Didn't bother me a whole lot.
Then you've got carebears, aka Pussies.

But I'm a dick. I fuck both pussies and assholes. It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it.
Posted By: Killogs Re: Looking for old friends - 05/11/06 11:53 PM
It's where Mortiferus is...and Cherrymax/Garrot and where you should be my friend. Libertarian guild for a Libertarian man...I still love you though and KGB always were graceful in defeat so I have nothing but respect for them and envy that they took in several very good gaming friends of mine. I think you have a rather incorrect perception of the HeadHunters however.

Quote:

So when he quit GRIM as leader he joined HH? WTF? Lemme guess, that's where Mortiferus is as well...

Hacks.

Posted By: Killogs Re: Looking for old friends - 05/11/06 11:55 PM
Really? I haven't experienced that to date Drak...must await Conan or Darkfall I suppose.

Quote:

Not sure of the others...wish I knew. When you want something dead in game, there's no one better than you though =)

Posted By: Killogs Re: Looking for old friends - 05/11/06 11:59 PM
All the dicks and assholes are simply waiting a reunion with you my friend. Please visit www.wefarmpeople.com anytime you like. I'm afraid we are the antithesis of KGB but then...every good force needs an enemy

Quote:

It's where Mortiferus is...and Cherrymax/Garrot and where you should be my friend. Libertarian guild for a Libertarian man...I still love you though and KGB always were graceful in defeat so I have nothing but respect for them and envy that they took in several very good gaming friends of mine. I think you have a rather incorrect perception of the HeadHunters however.

Quote:

Hacks.

Posted By: Killogs Re: Looking for old friends - 05/12/06 12:10 AM
You don't KNOW those guys Crimthan....

Zorak however is evil. He is in business with Herog from CoS to sell gaming gold and powerleveling. We should all band together to defeat them in every gaming venture we enter. Breaks over unfortunately....must leave. I'm not so difficult to find as you implied to Drak...He found me in 5 mins

Quote:

Head Hunters...hmmm, never liked those guys.

Anyway, nice to see you here rather than lurking at the old Cadre Quietus pages. I like some of those guys, but hanging out with Zorak isn't usually my idea of a good time.

Posted By: Crimthan Re: Looking for old friends - 05/12/06 01:29 AM
Hey, Mace (Killogs):

HH:
My perception of HH was from back when we were all in GRIM and I heard nothing but one person or another, usually Mort or Garrot, rag on Dominion for joining HH on the Horde side in WoW and how much they were all cheesedicks. I never experienced it firsthand, but I usually trust the word of my comrades, former or current. However, looking at the HH website and members that are there *Now*, I see that a couple of people I had a good time with in SB are there, aside from the old GRIM folks. BigCountry and Poysyn stand out, for starters.

Politics:
After all these years of contemplating politics, I've realized that I'm not Libertarian either - although I'm closer to that than the other parties. Libertarians seem too lax for me at times.

Zorak/Sherog:
Yes, I've been aware of their bullshit from nearly on day one. In fact, I'm one of the first ones to have confronted Zorak on his agendas from within Cadre Quietus back in...shit...2001? Everyone just thought I was paranoid at first, that I'd lost my marbles. In fact, Zorak would continually conduct his passive-aggressive defamation tactic on me by saying: "Oh Crim, your head's a little loose, you're way off the mark, but at least your heart's in the right place!" Now, Mace; you're saying the same thing I said about him... Cracks me up.

HH/KGB:
I don't understand what you mean by HH being the antithesis to KGB. I've been in a few guilds, since UO beta til now. If there's one thing I've learned about PVP gaming guilds, it's this: Underneath all the "unique themes" each guild tries to come up with, it's all the damned same. All the members from one guild to the other have the same cliche' goals and interests - to Kick Ass and Take Names. Within each guild you have your typical line of control freaks, rebels, hippies, pragmatists, patriots, closet-carebears, insecure hotheads, potheads, neuros, psychos, off-duty cops, criminals, dicks, assholes, and pussies: all rolled into one unit.

So where this "Anithesis" thing comes from, I really don't know...I'd rather start out an MMO with a clean slate and let the blades fall where they lay as I go than start out with fabricated allies and adversaries. Heck, for all I know, KGB may not even officially play Age of CONAN or Chronicles of Spellborn as a Guild. This, while I'm very much looking forward to the former and a good part, the latter. If I end up starting my time in AoC with just myself and a handful of interested guildmates, old non-guild friends, and/or RL friends, then that's fine with me. Either way, I'll be starting with an open mind...and a watchful eye.
Posted By: Killogs Re: Looking for old friends - 05/12/06 02:03 AM
Ummm....okay. Anyhow, told Drak I'd stop by...I did.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Looking for old friends - 05/12/06 03:09 AM
id be glad to fight cos again they where some of the hardest we have ever fought cause of sheer numbers and there comming out of the gate knowing more than most of us did years later in sb.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Looking for old friends - 05/12/06 01:57 PM
That's ironic Ryu...I was in SB beta in CQ(part of COS) and hit the ground running in release against KGB - had a great time fighting against you guys and SKYE. Had a great time with Mace (Killogs) too when we were actually on at the same time - never saw much of Mace in SB, let alone WoW. However, I never had a good time being led by Zorak or Herog or any of those other insidious pricks.

I'd fight them for the sheer pleasure of killing Zorak and Herog...and Shaar if he's still around. Other than that, there are a few good CQ guys still around that I consider friends: Loraq and Bulwyf for starters.

-----------------

Glad you posted, Mace. I hope you read my thread as well. Regardless of your last remarks. Right now I'm just curious as to when you joined HH: was it immediately upon leaving GRIM, and if so; why didn't you tell me about it? I joined CQ because your "Bruits" or however you called them were fairly inspiring, and left CQ when you did - I only stayed there as long as I did because I preferred your leadership to Zorak's.

Regardless, I hope you're having a good time in HH.
Posted By: Killogs Re: Looking for old friends - 05/12/06 08:56 PM
Nah, I just recently joined HH. You might recall, I was finishing up my accounting degree and transitioning to a job with another agency; not to mention my play times never jived with most of the people in the group so GRIM (and online gaming) just didn't work for me at the time. HH works NOW because they're FFA. I can't offer the dedicated gaming time most guilds require but HH doesn't require anything of you but loyalty to the guild in a game they're organized in plus there are some great people in the group. Pretty much it. You seem to be the authority on HH though so I won't enlighten further. Just stopped by to say 'ello as mentioned previously and I've never been much for engaging in prolonged threads on someone else's boards so...enjoy!

Should mention though, the reason you didn't "see much" of me in WoW or SB is that you didn't *play much*!! Still need to get together in the next game and find you a spear even if you're KGB!
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Looking for old friends - 05/12/06 09:15 PM
Quote:

Really? I haven't experienced that to date Drak...must await Conan or Darkfall I suppose.

Quote:

Your feeble attempts at humor do not phase me, and so I must challenge you to a duel

Drakiis pulls off a leather glove and slaps Mace across the face

jk old friend, you'd probably punk me out into your gaming bitch with the cutthroats you hang with nowa days.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Looking for old friends - 05/12/06 09:17 PM
Quote:

You don't KNOW those guys Crimthan....

Zorak however is evil. He is in business with Herog from CoS to sell gaming gold and powerleveling. We should all band together to defeat them in every gaming venture we enter. Breaks over unfortunately....must leave. I'm not so difficult to find as you implied to Drak...He found me in 5 mins

Quote:

Head Hunters...hmmm, never liked those guys.

Ya when I found out that CQ became a whore for Zorak, I was crushed, I miss the old days and what it really ment to be cadre.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Looking for old friends - 05/12/06 09:30 PM
Quote:

Hey, Mace (Killogs):

Quote:

Hey, Mace (Killogs):

Zorak/Sherog:
Yes, I've been aware of their bullshit from nearly on day one. In fact, I'm one of the first ones to have confronted Zorak on his agendas from within Cadre Quietus back in...shit...2001? Everyone just thought I was paranoid at first, that I'd lost my marbles. In fact, Zorak would continually conduct his passive-aggressive defamation tactic on me by saying: "Oh Crim, your head's a little loose, you're way off the mark, but at least your heart's in the right place!" Now, Mace; you're saying the same thing I said about him... Cracks me up.

YA Zorak is famous for that fourm tactic, he always would make it look like he was innocent and the other person was the aggressive protagonist. I hated that, he did it to me several times, and everyone would be like "wtf Drak, why you starting shit?"

Quote:

HH/KGB:
I don't understand what you mean by HH being the antithesis to KGB. I've been in a few guilds, since UO beta til now. If there's one thing I've learned about PVP gaming guilds, it's this: Underneath all the "unique themes" each guild tries to come up with, it's all the damned same. All the members from one guild to the other have the same cliche' goals and interests - to Kick Ass and Take Names. Within each guild you have your typical line of control freaks, rebels, hippies, pragmatists, patriots, closet-carebears, insecure hotheads, potheads, neuros, psychos, off-duty cops, criminals, dicks, assholes, and pussies: all rolled into one unit.

Drakiis comes to the realization he fits too many of the above profiles
Shit..I hate myself now.

Quote:

...I'd rather start out an MMO with a clean slate and let the blades fall where they lay as I go than start out with fabricated allies and adversaries. Heck, for all I know, KGB may not even officially play Age of CONAN or Chronicles of Spellborn as a Guild. This, while I'm very much looking forward to the former and a good part, the latter. If I end up starting my time in AoC with just myself and a handful of interested guildmates, old non-guild friends, and/or RL friends, then that's fine with me. Either way, I'll be starting with an open mind...and a watchful eye.

I agree with that brother, cept you left out Warhammer Age of Reckoning on your list of games.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Looking for old friends - 05/12/06 09:32 PM
Quote:

Ummm....okay. Anyhow, told Drak I'd stop by...I did.

Don't stress Crimthan, you used too many big words and confused the shit out of Mace is all..
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Looking for old friends - 05/12/06 09:37 PM
Quote:

You seem to be the authority on HH though so I won't enlighten further. Just stopped by to say 'ello as mentioned previously and I've never been much for engaging in prolonged threads on someone else's boards so...enjoy!

LOL. I love sarcasm. Everything negative I've said about HH is second-hand from what I once heard Mort and Garrot say. They're the experts, let 'em have it.

Quote:

Should mention though, the reason you didn't "see much" of me in WoW or SB is that you didn't *play much*!!

Heh, can easily say the same of you. Reason being: I played mostly in the mornings and afternoons while you and many others played late at night - so we never saw eachother much. I've noticed that it's a trend in most games I play - Malphas bitched that when I actually did play at nights, I went to bed around midnight, and Lenny (think he's the KGB Jester) gives me shit about it.

Quote:

Still need to get together in the next game and find you a spear even if you're KGB!

Thanks!

Well, Age of CONAN will have plenty of spears - they even have spears with blades on each end of the shaft. Darkfall has spears and polearms as well. Chronicles of Spellborn...not sure...but if they don't have em, I can probably just skip that game.

Drakiis: Play a friggin game for once. Think I might have spotted you way back when in EQ...but maybe that was just a ghost.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Looking for old friends - 05/12/06 09:39 PM
Quote:

I'd fight them for the sheer pleasure of killing Zorak and Herog...and Shaar if he's still around. Other than that, there are a few good CQ guys still around that I consider friends: Loraq and Bulwyf for starters.

-----------------

Glad you posted, Mace. I hope you read my thread as well. Regardless of your last remarks. Right now I'm just curious as to when you joined HH: was it immediately upon leaving GRIM, and if so; why didn't you tell me about it? I joined CQ because your "Bruits" or however you called them were fairly inspiring, and left CQ when you did - I only stayed there as long as I did because I preferred your leadership to Zorak's.

Regardless, I hope you're having a good time in HH.

I second that notion and give it the official "super patriot" stamp of approval. Your leadership was what made CQ worth it. The day Zorak became a member of the Prime Echelon was the day the guild died in spirit imho. And if I wasnt such a lamer, I'd kill Zorak in game so much it'd become like a second career for me, though as far as other CQ still there, I'd give them the choice to renounce thier alliegance or die first, remember I'm the more forgiving one of the two of us Crim.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Looking for old friends - 05/12/06 09:46 PM
[quote

Drakiis: Play a friggin game for once. Think I might have spotted you way back when in EQ...but maybe that was just a ghost.

Hey bitch I was in EQ, DAoC, and SB...though SB grind didn't sit well with me but I gave it two months though.. hehe

anyways who are you, the game police?

btw I do play Guild Wars...it's all the rage hehehe, for real it is all my aging game rig can handle right now till I spend my next cool 2-3 thousand
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Looking for old friends - 05/13/06 02:53 AM
But I have to be the game police! I miss our pixelated, naked walks in the moonlight together!
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Looking for old friends - 05/14/06 12:33 AM
t00l
Posted By: JetStar Re: Looking for old friends - 05/18/06 11:56 AM
Quote:

actually i am not wondering at all hehe.Consider I am still very hormonal and sometimes bitchy since my baby is just 3wks old lol I was tryin to be a bit humorous in my reply to him instead of breathing fire LOL

Um er uh
Posted By: Elph Re: Looking for old friends - 05/18/06 02:10 PM
LOL Jetstar
© The KGB Oracle