The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Salohcin Dragon Teamspeak, just a thought?? - 05/13/09 02:36 PM
http://www.teamspeak.com/
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Teamspeak, just a thought?? - 05/13/09 03:13 PM
We used to use teamspeak, but Ventrilo's quality is much better.

Teamspeak did have some bad ass admin options though.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Teamspeak, just a thought?? - 05/14/09 03:59 AM
The Teamspeak chicks voice was sexah
Posted By: Hare Re: Teamspeak, just a thought?? - 05/14/09 04:10 PM
In the 80's we worked with AT&T to use one of the early applications of digital voice technology. I worked for an oil company that was trying to figure out how to handle pipe line shots of jet fuel for non-established customers who used us as a back up for their regular supply and didn't want to set up a formal account, Delta Airlines was one. A pipe line shot of Jet fuel was a multi million dollar invoice so the financial guys had their panties in a bunch so they asked me to work with the bank and figure out how to limit our risk etc.

Anyway, I am sitting in an executive boardroom with the CEO and other officers of the company and AT&T is there and dials up a sample mail box and as we all listen on the speaker we hear this horrible accented male voice come over with an announcement. I am trying not to laugh it's so bad. The CEO dubs the voice "the drunken swede" and asks the AT&T rep if they had any other choices for the voice part and he replies, no the woman voice was worse.

AT&T used this as an example of the first use of digital voice technology in an ad in the Wall Street Journal. The ad really looked great someone at AT&T sent me a copy which has been lost for sometime.

Guess who they told to demo it to Delta? Talk about bitching lol, if you think in game bitching is tough, what do you do when you know it's coming because it's true?

I am glad the teamspeak female voice is sexah but it all started with a drunken swede.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Teamspeak, just a thought?? - 05/14/09 07:35 PM
Good story. Holy Cow!!! You were working in the 80's?!?! How old are you?

You like how my ADD kicked in there and missed the point of the story, don't you?

smile
Posted By: Lock Re: Teamspeak, just a thought?? - 05/14/09 09:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
You were working in the 80's?!?! How old are you?

Hare is actually Alexander Graham Bell, here's Hare getting his start in the early days.
© The KGB Oracle