The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Deyth_Combine Unmoderated Info - 02/13/09 02:24 AM
A few things.

First, if you haven't yet heard, I want to introduce you to a new unmoderated community formed called Unmoderated Info. It has no guild branding and its purpose is simple, to be a sort of anti-Vault for those of us who'd rather risk hurting someone's feelings than being censored. This transcends guild rivalries.

Second, if you're down with the idea of an unmoderated community that can grow to accommodate game-specific communities as they come along, please support the site and also spread the word. This isn't about making money (these rarely become profitable), it's about a type of freedom we can't seem to get in either games or message boards anymore. I'm hoping that at least the old-school guilds will recognize the need and the cause.

Third, although it's still brand new (under 3 weeks), the makers of Alganon have agreed to let us compile a list of guilds that are interested in the upcoming guild beta. See details here. I'm not endorsing the game, I don't know if it will suck or not, but the beta opportunity is free. With support we hope to have more offers from upcoming MMO's, including Star Wars, and they'll be shared out as they happen.

Fourth, even if you're not interested in participating just yet, if you can think of anyone missing from the guild leader contact list here, post it.

That is all. Thanks.
Posted By: Derid Re: Unmoderated Info - 02/13/09 03:08 AM

Thanks for the info, may prove interesting.
Posted By: Deyth_Combine Re: Unmoderated Info - 02/13/09 03:14 AM
I'm hoping it'll be the de facto destination for future game communities...at least for the old school crowd that doesn't need overzealous chaperones.

By the way, I know I must say this every time I visit here, but I can't believe you guys are still on UBBthreads. JetStar's gotta be what...80 years old now? Tell him to use some of his social security income on vBulletin.
Posted By: Bardaji Re: Unmoderated Info - 02/13/09 03:15 AM
YES!
Posted By: JetStar Re: Unmoderated Info - 02/13/09 05:22 AM
Quote:

I'm hoping it'll be the de facto destination for future game communities...at least for the old school crowd that doesn't need overzealous chaperones.

By the way, I know I must say this every time I visit here, but I can't believe you guys are still on UBBthreads. JetStar's gotta be what...80 years old now? Tell him to use some of his social security income on vBulletin.

Sorry guys, I could not get my hoveround to the PC in time to respond :-)

I am trying the latest version of UBB.Threads in a week then vBulletin if I dont like it.
Posted By: Deyth_Combine Re: Unmoderated Info - 02/13/09 05:32 AM
I'm shocked someone's even developing UBBthreads still. There's nothing on the market that can even come close to vBulletin; especially when you consider all the addons available. Unmoderated Info is currently working on one made especially for multi-game guilds to use on their own boards.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Unmoderated Info - 02/13/09 05:38 AM
Alright FINE.

Bard you have your way. I am going to do straight to vBulletin. I have been a UBB person since it started and am old, etc.
Posted By: Deyth_Combine Re: Unmoderated Info - 02/13/09 05:39 AM
Do it for my sake too. Every time I visit here I get Shadowbane flashbacks and that shit is BAD for my health.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Unmoderated Info - 02/13/09 05:41 AM
Hehe, well that is the idea you know! I dont like change.

I am going to go vBulletin then. Now that I have agreed, did Bard pay you to shame me into this?
Posted By: JetStar Re: Unmoderated Info - 02/13/09 05:42 AM
Oh and Deyth, what is you take on the re-birth of COS?
Posted By: Deyth_Combine Re: Unmoderated Info - 02/13/09 01:38 PM
If I'd known bribes were available I would've definitely arranged them. Bardaji, you can still pay me if you want.

I don't care about either CoS or Darkfall at the moment.
Posted By: Bardaji Re: Unmoderated Info - 02/13/09 09:50 PM
How can you care nothing for the uber-alliance who proudly trumpet the major claim to fame allegedly involving thrashing Combine right off of the Treachery server? I read it on tehinterwebs so it must be true!

Also, trust -- If I'd known you would be such an influence in pushing VB, I would've sought out Combine aid long ago.

I'm going to attend a town hall meeting and ask President Obama to send you some money right away!!
Posted By: Deyth_Combine Re: Unmoderated Info - 02/13/09 10:04 PM
The only uber-alliance that pwned us in Shadowbane was WolfPack. But I don't want to argue with the interwebs.

We've been on vBulletin since 2001. You can just ask Obama to leave that money inside the closet of the summer home he'll buy me with someone else's money. I'm pretty sure it's incoming.
Posted By: Daye Re: Unmoderated Info - 02/15/09 09:37 PM
Quote:

Do it for my sake too. Every time I visit here I get Shadowbane flashbacks and that shit is BAD for my health.

*ROFL*

I nearly fell out of my chair when I read that
© The KGB Oracle