The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar Do you feel safe about your job in 2009 v2.0 - 12/23/08 06:39 AM
Ok Crim, here is version 2.0
Yay, thanks man.
With the amount of people losing thief homes I will be doing well in the rental bussiness.
without a home, where will a thief hide all his loot?~?!?!
the iPhone likes to respell words for me

Shoulda got a Blackberry =)
If the new one was offered by AT&T I may have got one. It's a huge upgrade from my nextels though.
Quote:

the iPhone likes to respell words for me

The new firmware version allows you to turn off that damn
spellcheck feature. Drove me absolutely nuts until then.
I just accepted a job for Director of Customer Service for a new MMO publisher in Boulder, Colorado.

I checked to make sure they have enough funding for at least 18 months, so yes, I feel quite certain that my job there is safe.
Health Care dosn't really get effected by the economy well I should say the For Profit Hospitals. Non-Profit Hospitals get funded by the state and that will effect some hospitals but people in general will to the ER with or without a job.
So for me, My job in the health care is protected. Maybe my positions as a RT Manager might not be, but I can always go back ans work as a regular therapist.
Quote:

I just accepted a job for Director of Customer Service for a new MMO publisher in Boulder, Colorado.

I checked to make sure they have enough funding for at least 18 months, so yes, I feel quite certain that my job there is safe.

Congratulations! Thats awesome!
Wait! There's a MMO publisher in Colorado? There's a MMO publisher in Boulder, CO.? They only make granola and liberals in Boulder. This MUST be the Hello Kitty design team then, right?
ya nothing has more security than health care, police, and firefighting, and possibly being a tradesman at a waste water treatment plant.
With all these people losing their jobs and their homes, many resort to stealing stuff. Therein lies MY job security...
Luckily I am part of the Program funding and not Overhead and part of an Engineering Union. We lay off 4500+ in about two weeks with 60 day pink slips, and there will probably be more rounds of cutting depending on the economy.

The 747-8 Freighter and Intercontinental should keep me busy through at least 2010. From there it is probably on to the 787 program at the end of its run up to full production.
meh don't forget entertainment.... people cut entertainment last from their budget as a means to make themselves feel better during times of hardship. Now saying that I "should" have a job working as a 3d artist in the video game industry but things are awkward right now with recent studios closing and record breaking unemployed/talented artists looking for work. Makes it hard for a recent graduate to get a job over someone who has experience!

So if anyone works for a studio who needs new 3d art talent give me a shout!!!
Quote:

Wait! There's a MMO publisher in Colorado? There's a MMO publisher in Boulder, CO.? They only make granola and liberals in Boulder. This MUST be the Hello Kitty design team then, right?

Haha

http://www.realtimeworlds.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APB_(video_game)

We're building out the publishing organization from scratch here, which includes marketing, licensing, operations, network engineering, my CS team (Game/Tech/Billing Support), web development, etc. Our goal is to get APB out in Q4 this year.

The studio is located in Dundee, Scotland, and I'll also see some EU support out of London. Get to take my first trip to Scotland and return to London a week from today!

Thats very cool...

Heard Scotland is a great place to visit.
Quote:

With all these people losing their jobs and their homes, many resort to stealing stuff. Therein lies MY job security...

Yep, without crime, you can't have cops - Because the old-fashioned scene of a cop giving someone a ride home just doesn't happen anymore.
The fun will really start in April when a good portion of
AT&T's workforce will be negotiating a new contract.

( Good portion = previous SBC states )

The bullsh*t has already started :|
Quote:

Luckily I am part of the Program funding and not Overhead and part of an Engineering Union. We lay off 4500+ in about two weeks with 60 day pink slips, and there will probably be more rounds of cutting depending on the economy.

The 747-8 Freighter and Intercontinental should keep me busy through at least 2010. From there it is probably on to the 787 program at the end of its run up to full production.

10,000 Pink slip warnings go out tomorrow afternoon company wide. 4,500+ should come from our business unit. Luckily we have a ranking system, and I am not any of the poor bastages on the lowest rung.
© The KGB Oracle