The KGB Oracle
Posted By: shatter I need a headset recommendation please!! - 10/09/08 02:14 AM
Hi,

My current headset is a POS that gives me a headache after 30 mins and has lost the ear foam on one of the ear cups is missing. I am in a bad way!

I ordered the Logitech PC 960 headset but found out it has been discontinued and everyone is out of stock.

So, please, what headset should I pick up that is cheap and of high quality and it must be USB.

Thanks!!
shatter - Rellik on WAR
Posted By: Elph Re: I need a headset recommendation please!! - 10/09/08 02:37 PM
I use a logitech but its not a USB one. I like it, cost about 20 dollars and I bought it from Office Max
Posted By: Vyse Re: I need a headset recommendation please!! - 10/09/08 02:49 PM
Yeah I am in the same boat, gonna be a few more days/weeks before I can get a decent set. Is money an issue? I found an awesome set but I don't know that I can afford it. Once I am officially part of the guild I will probably get it but it is too big of investment to get before then - check it out.

Logitech Wireless Headset

There is also a wired version of this one for like $35-40 I think.
Posted By: Daye Re: I need a headset recommendation please!! - 10/09/08 07:54 PM
I have a logitech USB, but the company design team obviously
used a Shrunken Head victim to model the device size.

I typically wear the thing around my neck for the mic and
push the voice out over the speakers. Works well unless
you have reason to keep Vent chat confined into a headset.
Posted By: shatter Re: I need a headset recommendation please!! - 10/10/08 01:55 AM
Has anyone used a bluetooth headset before? I am thinking of going that route to use one headset for phone, computer and playstation 3. If you've used one, what is the battery life like?

Thanks
My brothers have a headset that they use for both their phone and PS3. It works fine, and I believe battery life has never been an issue (I think you just charge it overnight using a phone-charger... at least for theirs, which is a motorola.)
Posted By: Daye Re: I need a headset recommendation please!! - 10/10/08 12:48 PM
I have a Bluetooth headset for my phone. Also have a USB
based Bluetooth rcvr and have used it for VOIP applications.

It works like it should. But the damn thing is somewhat
uncomfortable to wear for extended periods and will only
give you maybe six hours of talk time I think. It will have
to be recharged daily.
© The KGB Oracle