The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Slinger Darkfall Q&A - 05/12/08 01:15 PM
WarCry Link

Quote:

In this week's update, we answer questions from the community. There are several we haven't answered on purpose, hoping to be able to demonstrate instead. Many of you are asking for a video. We hear you, and we're on it as soon as we can. There were also many questions on the public beta and release dates. To this I can say now, that during a planning meeting we determined that our launch date will be inside 2008, with the public beta preceding it by a few weeks. This is official and internally we're a lot more specific, but pending an announcement, we cannot say more at this time.

Posted By: Crimthan Re: Farkfall Q&A - 05/12/08 01:18 PM
Is Farkfall the carebear version of Darkfall?
Posted By: Slinger Re: Farkfall Q&A - 05/12/08 01:19 PM
lol, sorry, fix't!
Posted By: Daye Re: Farkfall Q&A - 05/13/08 08:21 PM
My opinion only of course, but now that Darkfall has
delayed for so long, the only way it will ever get off
the ground is if the bugs in Conan are unplayable.

I think they've overshot their window of opportunity.
Posted By: Derid Re: Farkfall Q&A - 05/13/08 08:35 PM

Nah, DFO and AoC are two totally different genre of game.

They both have swords, and alot of people in-game... but the similarity ends there.

Conan is WoW++ and DFO is a sandbox game, I think as long as DFO doesnt suck it will have plenty of market.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Farkfall Q&A - 05/13/08 11:01 PM
Quote:

Conan is WoW++ and DFO is a sandbox game, I think as long as DFO doesnt suck it will have plenty of market.

Nah Conan is SB+, WAR is WoW+, DFO is (or more importantly) could be SB+++
Posted By: Derid Re: Farkfall Q&A - 05/13/08 11:56 PM

Conan plays like wow, character develops like wow, and is based on pvp minigames and instances like wow.

Except it also has a guildhall like Guildwars... and 7 battlekeeps like I guess DaoC, or even planetside.

The only similarity is that there is a siege window, like SB.. but even the siege itself is a minigame, currently limited to 42 participants per side.

Other than the fact that you get ported to a lifestone (ala AC) when you die, and it has a "siege minigame" ... its pretty much otherwise identical to WoW. (except gfx and different melee combat style)
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Farkfall Q&A - 05/14/08 01:27 AM
Actually, AOC is much more like EQ2 where General Feat trees & Specialty class feat trees are concerned - far more than like WOW.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Farkfall Q&A - 05/14/08 02:57 AM
Quote:

Actually, AOC is much more like EQ2 where General Feat trees & Specialty class feat trees are concerned - far more than like WOW.

Tomato, tomato...
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Farkfall Q&A - 05/14/08 03:21 AM
No really. Look at the class skill unlocks in EQ2 then look at the Feat trees in AOC. You can say "tomato tomato" til you're blue in the face, but the class advancement in AOC is most similar to EQ2, without the itemcentric bullshit and carebear 5 level limit...
© The KGB Oracle