The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Derid Exteel 4tw - 01/19/08 06:18 PM

Kartrider is dead... long live Exteel
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/19/08 08:09 PM
not a bad mech game, pretty fast paced, I am definately too old to be in the gunning for a very high rank.

If I knew a lot of people playing it might make the difference and I'd most likely play it habitually, but since I don't I DL'ed it played it and said to myself "why bother"
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/19/08 09:33 PM
Good God we go thru games like derid goes thru women.
Posted By: Derid Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/20/08 03:12 AM

^_^
Posted By: JetStar Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/20/08 10:11 PM
Quote:

Exactly, IT IS THE SAME. You pay for a game (Derid pays for his women), you play it once (Enough said), then you order the next one.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/21/08 04:00 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Exactly, IT IS THE SAME. You pay for a game (Derid pays for his women), you play it once (Enough said), then you order the next one.

Brides.ru
Posted By: syev Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/21/08 02:35 PM
This game is probably the best game I have played in a long time, seriously!! Kudos Derid! you gave me hope for 2008'. Right now though... it just might be me... but... I have this ominous feeling that everyone in vent shoots at either derid or myself instantly because we can use the sword very very well. I have seen just about everyone of you guys unload all your energy trying to shoot me moving extremely fast around you. GG. For you non believers check out how conditioned you all are at firing at the two of us. You guys are like clock work I can see the little voice in your minds OH SWEET MOTHER OF GOD when we approach!!!! pew pew pew pew its derid give him a butt of souffle!!!! I just want to say for you daily oracle readers sword > spitters its just a more respectable way to die.

Posted By: Ken_Kamillion Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/21/08 03:53 PM
na i kill donk first because he is the easiest rolf
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/21/08 05:14 PM
OMFG!

This reminds me of that Battletech or Mechwarrior 2051 game or whatever it was - it was online, in beta stages, but was canceled in 2001. It was one of the coolest games EVER.

Dude, I am going to DL this when I get home. I can't believe I didn't read this thread sooner...(fuck, I'm also beta testing something and should probably be spending time on that too...also making plans to move to Austin, TX, AND working full time...wayyy too busy these days)
Posted By: Ken_Kamillion Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/21/08 08:27 PM
no shit crimthan my aunt lives in austin. Austin is a beautiful city prolly the best looking city in texas that or kemah.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/21/08 08:47 PM
Kemah? where in Texas is that city located?
Posted By: syev Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/21/08 09:03 PM
Derid and I talked about what would be cool if we set up some team 4v4 games. Maybe get a little tourney going within KGB. Unless you guys can't handle the raw power of the syev. Some of you would LOVE to take me down a notch and pwn the shit out of me. This is a good opportunity!!

We can discuss how to go about doing this. Complete Random team selection from a list of names. Team leaders who pick and chose 1 at a time just like PE class. Or Teams based on usual player clicks within KGB you know who you hang out with more then the others! i.e.: Texas crew. Which ever the method It would be way fun!
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/21/08 10:00 PM
Quote:

OMFG!

This reminds me of that Battletech or Mechwarrior 2051 game or whatever it was - it was online, in beta stages, but was canceled in 2001. It was one of the coolest games EVER.

Dude, I am going to DL this when I get home. I can't believe I didn't read this thread sooner...(fuck, I'm also beta testing something and should probably be spending time on that too...also making plans to move to Austin, TX, AND working full time...wayyy too busy these days)

First off Crim, that mechwarrior game was the BOMB, it was awesome, I remember playing that beta too, and I wish it had never been cancelled, I was ranked Captain and I loved driving the lighter hit and run mechs against the big boys, I even remember dropping against Mace once, that was hilarious.

Secondly, Austin you say, funny how life works, I have another friend named Nathan who lives in Austin TX, who I sometimes go down there to visit with, Austins a cool town for sure, a lot of video game design is springing up around there, it's like the silicon valley of video gaming now

Third, I'd love to hook up with KGB in Exsteel, I go by Warfare call sign, I just started and am still in tutorial, but I'd love to scrap and scrimage. If you dont mind guests I'd join your TS or Vent just pm me the info here.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/21/08 10:12 PM
I'll download tonight. Right now, I walk in the computer room, sit down, read mail, try and play a couple of boring games, then leave. Maybe this will give me something to do!
Posted By: Arcain Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/21/08 11:24 PM
all I have to say is get the damn healing ray, only noobs done have them
Posted By: Slinger Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/22/08 02:27 AM
/assimilating
Posted By: Slinger Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/22/08 04:12 AM
I can't play until I reformat... My single processor is not liking Vista these days, so I'm gonna try a couple different combinations... Gonna start with Ubuntu w/ beryl and run XP on vmware (looking forward to SP3 too, eheh), and if I don't like that I'm just gonna dual boot XP/Ubuntu.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/22/08 05:06 AM
Quote:

I can't play until I reformat... My single processor is not liking Vista these days, so I'm gonna try a couple different combinations... Gonna start with Ubuntu w/ beryl and run XP on vmware (looking forward to SP3 too, eheh), and if I don't like that I'm just gonna dual boot XP/Ubuntu.

Do I look like I speak Japanese?
Posted By: syev Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/22/08 06:46 PM
Quote:

dedicate 4 gigs of ram to your vmware image and you should be haulin ass thats what i do. Runs flawless. I love creating images for everything. Don't forget to defrag!!! hehe
Posted By: Ken_Kamillion Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/22/08 07:19 PM
I like the idea of have a 4v4 match but i would say random teams would be better then clix.
Posted By: ZoneOni Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/22/08 08:09 PM
Crazy Game. I go double swords cuz I don't like the guns and I think the shield is retarded. I have a hard time but eventually I might be a crazy robot guy with enough practice.
Posted By: Derid Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/22/08 09:11 PM

Double sword works well in the right circumstances, you can do 5-hit combos instead of three-hit.

No shield makes it harder vs spitter spammers though.

Alot depends on what your second weapon set is.
Posted By: syev Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/22/08 09:17 PM
Quote:

I like the idea of have a 4v4 match but i would say random teams would be better then clix.

I want to try both hehe. You already can see how game over it would be if we could pick our own teams by clicks prior to the tourney. Even if it was 3 on 5 it would still be unfair. Those people can remain nameless.
Posted By: ZoneOni Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/23/08 03:09 AM
Lol my second set is another pair of double swords...
Posted By: whoflungpoo Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/31/08 01:34 AM
so after the new patch on tuesday I cannot play, when I get to the login screen it gives me a "failure to connect" and kicks me to desktop when I hit the "ok" button, anyone else having this problem and if so is there a way to fix it.
Posted By: khi Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/31/08 04:58 AM
had at first but restarted computer and worked fine
Posted By: hydr Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/31/08 09:37 AM
no problems for myself so far, other then people saying when they see the ingame ads there is some line of code on the top of their screen that disappears after a few seconds.
Posted By: whoflungpoo Re: Exteel 4tw - 01/31/08 04:14 PM
found this on the forums may be my problem....

Log-in Window:

- Server disconnects when an user does not log-in at the log-in window for more than 30 seconds

It takes me like 1 minutes to get into login screen, if that is the case I am screwed tell they fix it, I was fine before the patch logining in...
Posted By: syev Re: Exteel 4tw - 02/01/08 03:07 PM
Defrag.
Posted By: whoflungpoo Re: Exteel 4tw - 02/02/08 12:00 AM
Quote:

Defrag.

Did that same problems, also did this, guy posted on the boards a way his fixed his connection failed problems. I did it but still messes up for me

1) Run Exteel from Exteel's system directory.
For example: E:\Games\Exteel\System\Exteel.exe;
2) Then quickly press Ctr Alt Del and in Task Manager process list find GameGuard process.
3) Press your rigth mouse button over GameGuard process and in "Set priority" bar set priority to High or even Realtime.
4) Wait until Login screen pops up and quickly write your acc and pass and hit Login.
© The KGB Oracle