The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart Plans for WAR? - 08/05/07 04:59 AM
Any plans for a KGB presence in the upcoming WAR MMORPG?

You know! The one based on Warhammer =0)

Hakaryu
Posted By: Derid Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/05/07 05:25 AM

Not really, the general consensus is WoWo (World of Warhammer online) looks weak. This might change with beta, but right now we are looking forward to Age of Conan, which is set to release soon, and Darkfall which is supposedly set to beta soon.

If you havent kept up to date, AoC is a mature-themed MMO based on the Conan novels, and will have some PVP zones, possibly loot-pvp-ffa servers, and sieging and such in some zones.

Darkfall is basically a old-skool UO/Shadowbane Hybrid, with a strong FPS element, and, if it doesnt totally melt down on release or terribly suck, expected to be the Next Big Thing for PvP gameplay.

If by some chance both of those suck, maybe we'll start looking at WoWo. I am sure there will be a few of us playing
it, but afaik no large presence is planned.
Posted By: Elph Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/07/07 08:00 PM
i plan to play
Posted By: Prism Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/08/07 08:33 AM
AoC
Posted By: Elph Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/09/07 08:50 PM
i really try not to look forward to anything new that comes out. like sb was a mega suck i waited 2 or 3 yrs for it.
lotro i waited 5 yrs for that game and it sucks, vanguard i was intrested in before it came out but it sucks so i am not holding out much for any other future games lol
wow was fun for about 6 mos.

Aoc isn't much my cup of tea for mmos but i may try it
Posted By: Sini Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/09/07 11:02 PM
I will join WAR if I hear good things about PvP.
Posted By: Derid Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/10/07 01:51 AM

So will alot of people, but it looks like AoC/DFO will get first crack at the pvp community, so for now most of us are pining our hopes there.
Posted By: Elph Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/10/07 02:59 AM
i think aoc is the first scheduled release, they haven't (althogh I've not checked in awhile) even announced any plans for beta just yet. I really don't think that dfo is gonna release, but if it does i hope that it is all that everyone is waiting for.

The idea war has for pvp is pretty intresting i think
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/10/07 03:09 AM
It's a little too black and white - linear for my taste, but whatever floats your boat.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/10/07 02:16 PM
AOC's closed beta already started, they just accepted their Veteran forum posters, people expect a more general closed beta, or simply the open beta within a month.
Posted By: Elph Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/12/07 02:47 PM
i didn't figure war would be your cup of tea either crim since you weren't much of a fan of daoc
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/23/07 08:14 AM
WAR has some interesting changes from the standard DaoC that mythic is famous for, it's hard to know for sure though since it is in beta I am with Elph on this though since I've had the same experiences with the exact same beta games, so I'll have to do the wait and see thing.

If KGB did play WAR i would assume you'd join the Empire, Dwarfs, or High Elves since those are the only good realms.

Not sure if there are pole arms Crimthan, but I have seen some sceens and concept art of a few, but it could have just been NPCs
Posted By: Jonus Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/23/07 01:54 PM
I dont care which of the 3 games comes out first, I'll play it. I just need a game to play. Commiting to the game is a different story.
Posted By: Vipir Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/25/07 11:19 AM
Rofl, Jonus. My brother told me i was a junkie in withdrawls. Since i didnt have a game to play. I think he was refering to you more than me lol.

Specialy since i went back to DAoC lol. Its not perfect but with my new work schedule it will work out till something better comes along. I will be getting my hits in pvp and my habit is satisfied.
Posted By: Elph Re: Plans for WAR? - 08/25/07 08:36 PM
Ripiv where are you playing in daoc me and kaly are back there about a month now.
© The KGB Oracle