The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Garal It's a Boy! - 07/26/07 05:30 AM
That's right. My girlfriend of 2 1/2 years is 20 weeks pregnant (we're both 19y/o). No it wasn't planned, but there's not much we can do about that now except learn from it and do our best to make everything work out. We've been trying to stay on the positive side of it all.. we just moved into our own apartment a week and a half ago. We realize that it could be a lot worse.. at least we love each other and have been together for a bit. Our families are both very supportive, I have a good bit of money saved up, we have some college under our belt already and are going to finish that off, etc. Basically I figure there's a LOT of people out there in a similar situation to us that are a LOT worse off than we are, and somehow they make it work, so we can too.

Anyways, today was our first ultrasound, and a very exciting day to say the least. It's a boy, I kinda wanted a girl, and she kinda wanted a boy, so it's all good =) I can teach it to be an uber gamer geek now I guess :P

Wish us all luck, cause it's going to be one hell of a ride from here on out.

p.s. It's due early December.

View of his head from the side.

Top down view of his head.. kind of hard to see because his right arm is crossed over his head so you're sorta seeing through it.
Posted By: Awastatyme Re: It's a Boy! - 07/26/07 01:54 PM
gratz man my wife is due in October with a little girl *Arinn Nicole Hebert*

just be ready for the drastic mood swings. my wife is having those right now and everything i do pisses her off
Posted By: ltima Re: It's a Boy! - 07/26/07 02:35 PM
gratz garal, i'm sure you'll be a great dad.
Posted By: Slinger Re: It's a Boy! - 07/26/07 03:33 PM
Garal the Great [Dad]!
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: It's a Boy! - 07/26/07 04:08 PM
Wow man, nuts. Congrats though, and it's nice to see you're looking at it positively, and yeah, the situation could be infinitely worse.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: It's a Boy! - 07/26/07 05:29 PM
Kick ass, man! With supportive families, you guys will turn out OK.
Posted By: Heidi Re: It's a Boy! - 07/26/07 11:10 PM
Congratz! Sounds like you guys are going to be great parents.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 12:13 AM
Man... I've been debating whether to say this, but fuck it, I don't see how you could possibly not appreciate it. Watch Knocked Up, funniest movie since wedding crashers, it involves a similar situation to you guys (it was from a one night stand though, and the guy was the biggest loser on planet earth) and it has a nice moral or something, give it a watch, you'll piss your pants.
Posted By: Garal Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 05:07 AM
Lol ya my gf saw it and thought it was great.. I unfortunately haven't had a chance to see it yet though :P
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 12:56 PM
Aww, damn. It'll probably be leaving theaters soon if it hasn't already.
Posted By: Elph Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 12:59 PM
aww congrats on your little man Garal! I still can't believe you are gonna be a daddy I remember when you joined KGB how young you were. I almost feel as if this is gonna be my grandbaby lol you and the fresno crew were my little babies
I am very happy for you and I know you will be a great dad. Any names ?
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 02:14 PM
Bibliotequa, of course.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 02:36 PM
congrats
Posted By: Garal Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 06:06 PM
Quote:

Bibliotequa, of course.

^^^ Ya that! Haha actually no we haven't thought of any names that the both of us like yet. So we're open to suggestions =)

Oh and yesterday I ordered this for him :

And thanks for all of the kind words guys =)
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 06:10 PM
Wow, best one-sie ever.

I'm not religious in the slightest, but the bible happens to have some really sweet names. I dig Matthew, Peter, Judas (j/k), Rachel, just a few thoughts, or at least saying a possible place to look. What are your two names?
Posted By: Garal Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 06:14 PM
Alex & Christina. My last name is Fong.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 06:15 PM
It's funny, right after I clicked to post I thought of Christopher... which although I guess Christian is the male equivalent to Christina, is still pretty close. You two have pretty good names, you don't like them, or don't like each others?
Posted By: Garal Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 06:21 PM
Oh I thought you mean what are our actual names lol... No we haven't picked out any names yet that we both agree on.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 06:24 PM
No no, I did mean your two actual names. I was thinking in the case of a Jr, but was wondering why you weren't considering those two.
Posted By: Garal Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 06:37 PM
Quote:

No no, I did mean your two actual names. I was thinking in the case of a Jr, but was wondering why you weren't considering those two.

Ahh. Nah neither of us really want to name it a Jr.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 06:45 PM
I see
Posted By: Slinger Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 07:52 PM
Zachariah, for sure.

That way you can honor me for life (Zachary) and with a cool last name like Fong, you're forced to match it with something equally as cool, like Zachariah.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 09:31 PM
If I ever have a boy.....I have always like Wyatt Virgil. Virgil being from my Grandfather. Wyatt being just a cool ass name.
Or you could use the name from the best movie ever Jose Wales.
Posted By: Aviendha Re: It's a Boy! - 07/27/07 11:45 PM
OMG! Congrats Garal. A very exciting time in your lives. Enjoy every minute. Go to every doctor's apt and try not to faint during the birth. God Bless.
Posted By: Elph Re: It's a Boy! - 07/28/07 03:08 AM
thank god Garal that you aren't gonna be doing the jr it's so dated! What sorta names are you guys looking for ? Do you lean towards more popular names something of a certain nationality. I know you are Chinese but what is she again?
I would love you send you something if you want to pm me your addy I can send you a special elph gift hehe

I can't believe my Garal is gonna be a daddy!
Posted By: Garal Re: It's a Boy! - 07/28/07 06:00 AM
We're not really looking for something in particular as far as nationality, origin, or meaning goes.. Just something that's not super common, it doesn't have to be obscure just not one that you know 4 different people with that same name.
Posted By: Represent Re: It's a Boy! - 07/28/07 05:42 PM
all i can say is

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLL)OOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

jk man gratz you should've talked to me first about how to kill your sprem almostm completely since u wasnt using rubba's lol
Posted By: Leverett Re: It's a Boy! - 07/29/07 06:07 PM
What about Massive Attack Wong?

That would be zomg.

Congrats Garal and God bless
Posted By: Elph Re: It's a Boy! - 07/29/07 10:23 PM
that is my naming style too, nothing too crazy and nothing super common.
It's really hard to find that nowadays
LOL @ Rep.
Posted By: Garal Re: It's a Boy! - 07/30/07 02:05 AM
Rep what is your irl name? I've decided to name my kid that and beat him daily.. hard too!
Posted By: Aviendha Re: It's a Boy! - 07/30/07 08:52 AM
Quote:

Rep what is your irl name? I've decided to name my kid that and beat him daily.. hard too!

ROFL
Posted By: Awastatyme Re: It's a Boy! - 07/30/07 01:32 PM
How about Aden
thats what we where going to use but dont sound right for a girl.
Posted By: Represent Re: It's a Boy! - 07/30/07 03:51 PM
Quote:

Chuck Norris
Posted By: Elph Re: It's a Boy! - 07/30/07 05:37 PM
Aidan is super super popular
Posted By: Garal Re: It's a Boy! - 07/30/07 05:50 PM
Quote:

Aidan is super super popular

Really? I don't think I've ever known someone named Aiden.. must be a regional thing?

My girlfriend likes the name Adam. I'm not sure about that yet but it's a possibility.
Posted By: Elph Re: It's a Boy! - 07/30/07 05:59 PM
i like adam
ya you will see when you get around school age kids most kids under 8 are named Aidan lol
Posted By: Elph Re: It's a Boy! - 07/30/07 06:00 PM
Here is a link to the Social Security Admin of the most popular names of 2006
http://www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/pr/baby-names2006-pr.htm
Posted By: Ken_Kamillion Re: It's a Boy! - 07/30/07 07:52 PM
Grats garal

You should name ur kid Long Dong Fong
Posted By: Ken_Kamillion Re: It's a Boy! - 07/30/07 07:56 PM
with that name above you already have his life setup for him. Profession and everything.
Posted By: Garal Re: It's a Boy! - 07/30/07 09:37 PM
Quote:

i like adam
ya you will see when you get around school age kids most kids under 8 are named Aidan lol

So what happens when they turn 8? They either die or have their name changed? Lol...
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: It's a Boy! - 07/31/07 01:41 AM
I was thinking of Long Duk Dong from Sixteen Candles, but I guess Ryu's suggestion is as close as you'll get to that.
Posted By: Elph Re: It's a Boy! - 07/31/07 04:47 PM
no just the past 8 yrs the name Aidan was really popular and you will see a ton of kids around that age or younger with the name
© The KGB Oracle