The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Helemoto New Comp - 12/16/05 05:05 AM
I am looking at new systems. I think i have found one i like but wanted some help. I comes with 1G ddr a Pentium d 820 dual core and ati radeon x600. The ? i have is the processor i have never heard of and is the vid card any good. I noticed that a beta i tried wanted 1.1 pixel shader(dontknow what that is) I dont keep up on all the new stuff so was hopeing someone would give me some tips.
Posted By: Derid Re: New Comp - 12/17/05 01:41 AM

The CPU is decent. the 820D is 2 2.8 ghz CPUs with 1MB cache each. Not a record setter for FPS, but will be very good for mutlitasking.

x600 is soso, not great.

The important thing here is how much you are looking at paying. Its a solid system, and could represent a good value.

If you want to share about how much you wanna pay for a comp, its easier to say what components you should be looking at. Its all relative.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: New Comp - 12/20/05 01:53 AM
Looking at 1000-1300. Want one that will play the new online games coming out with as little lag on my side as possible. Like I said I tried a beta but could not log in due to my vid card would not suport 1.1 Pixel shader(?). I dont want to upgrade the one I have.
© The KGB Oracle