The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Represent Transformers Movie - 07/03/07 03:04 AM
I don't say this alot about movies

But this movie surpassed my expectations worth the few bucks seeing it on the bigscreen
Posted By: Chivas Re: Transformers Movie - 07/03/07 04:33 AM
Really?? hmm I think I am going to give it a shot this weekend. I wasnt sure about it when I see the ad on TV here.
Posted By: Garal Re: Transformers Movie - 07/03/07 04:36 AM
Man I've been excited about this movie for over a year! I can't wait to see it.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Transformers Movie - 07/03/07 07:05 AM
I *just* got home from it, and it was super awesome...

I was super disappointed when |--> Megatron woke up and all of a sudden the Decepticons started speaking English <--|, but the rest of it was A-Okay!
Posted By: chaulootz Re: Transformers Movie - 07/03/07 01:11 PM
Movie was freaken awesome, the fight scenes were fantastic how Bay slowed down the action just at the crucial moments. The CG artists did such a fantastic job.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Transformers Movie - 07/03/07 01:13 PM
http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/search/label/Movie%20Clips
Posted By: Vipir Re: Transformers Movie - 07/04/07 02:46 AM
Was a great movie. One of those keep you on the edge of your seats till it's over. <3 Bumblebee lol. Hope there is a part 2.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Transformers Movie - 07/04/07 03:24 AM
yeah it seems that it's going to be a trilogy.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Transformers Movie - 07/04/07 04:58 AM
asdf
Posted By: Slinger Re: Transformers Movie - 07/04/07 06:29 AM
<3
Posted By: Daye Re: Transformers Movie - 07/05/07 02:46 AM
As long as the movie makes more than it's budget, then
it's practically guaranteed a sequel will follow. . . .
Posted By: Slinger Re: Transformers Movie - 07/05/07 04:38 AM
I creamed myself a little during the opening credits and I was uncomfortable for the rest of the movie...
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Transformers Movie - 07/05/07 10:37 AM
My friends that have seen said that I will giz over it. I'll be watching it with my brother on his birthday, July 9. For all you original fans out there; "Bah Weap Grana, Weap, Ninibaun?"

I'm skeptical at this point, mainly because I looked over the original script and Bay is directing it - the plot looked like crap, taking it from a Human perspective rather than Transformer perspective (we already know enough about Humans already =P ). I'm hoping Spielberg managed to influence Bay and the script enough to give it more meat.

Is it fast paced action like Van Helsing or Scorpion King, with crappy script/lines/plot where the moment you start to get into the meat of a scene they switch to a new one and ruin the depth (fucking hated those movies cause of that)? Or is it better than other Bay films and actually make you give two shits about the characters and whethey they die or not (like Gladiator or Braveheart - yah bet I'm asking a lot here)?

I remember watching the first Transformers when I was a kid and man, did I feel it when Optimus died and Megatron got morphed into Galvatron by Unicron. The plot in that movie (aside from the cheesy Junkian dance scene) was totally in-depth and badass, with the action supporting the dialogue and plot rather than the other way around...

Plot > Lines/Acting > Action

Do the Transformers get enough dialogue time to understand things from their perspective or is this just another summer popcorn flick?
Posted By: Ken_Kamillion Re: Transformers Movie - 07/05/07 04:50 PM
FUCKING AWESOME MOVIE
Posted By: Slinger Re: Transformers Movie - 07/05/07 05:17 PM
The Transformers basically tell the story as its going, but it's all from a human perspective, ie, the Transformers keep the humans filled in on wtf weird shit is happening... (I only say 'wtf weird shit' because, well, imagine if your car suddenly changed into a robot and fighting other robots?)
Posted By: JaconClay Re: Transformers Movie - 07/06/07 12:02 AM
dood, if my car did that, I'd be like "This is the best car ever!"
Posted By: Binbs Re: Transformers Movie - 07/06/07 05:54 PM
Went in to the see the Transformers movie last night with some friends. I used to love Transformers when I was a kid, and the movie was definately worth the 10$. The sickest effects that I've ever seen and cool action sequences.

However Michael Bay doesnt disappoint in making sure the movie is full of illogical flaws that leave you with a bitter sweet taste in your mouth.

Too thin of a plot and plenty of things that didnt make sense for my taste. Id give it 3/5 stars.
Posted By: Garal Re: Transformers Movie - 07/06/07 11:44 PM
Great movie. I highly recommend it =)
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Transformers Movie - 07/07/07 12:36 AM
Quote:

Went in to the see the Transformers movie last night with some friends. I used to love Transformers when I was a kid, and the movie was definately worth the 10$. The sickest effects that I've ever seen and cool action sequences.

However Michael Bay doesnt disappoint in making sure the movie is full of illogical flaws that leave you with a bitter sweet taste in your mouth.

Too thin of a plot and plenty of things that didnt make sense for my taste. Id give it 3/5 stars.

That's what I'm concerned about.
Posted By: Heidi Re: Transformers Movie - 07/07/07 01:32 AM
This movie is based on a kids cartoon...
Doesn't leave a great span for plots IMO

Personally I thought the movie was terrific. Makes you laugh makes you OMG and then 'cooooool'

Well worth the movie ticket and the A/C for 2 1/2 hrs!
Posted By: Zhou Re: Transformers Movie - 07/07/07 02:13 AM
This movie was excellent the best movie Bay ever made in his time and there actually writing a script for part 2 no idea how long it will take though.
Posted By: Garal Re: Transformers Movie - 07/07/07 03:08 AM
I'm so glad it was 2.5 hours... it went by soo fast lol.
Posted By: Daye Re: Transformers Movie - 07/07/07 07:20 PM
Re-do the original animated movie with the current generation
of effects and they're on to something
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Transformers Movie - 07/07/07 07:34 PM
Quote:

Re-do the original animated movie with the current generation
of effects and they're on to something

I'm hoping that they work up to that point for part 3. I liked how they placed Spike in the background in the original movie, with Bumblebee on one of cybertron's moons, and shifted the focus over to Spike's son, Daniel, and Hot Rod. Hot Rod had all the great depth of character that Bumblebee had, but only with even more courage and far more talent, sarcasm, and personality to boot (voiced over by Judd Nelson). Also add a touch of Optimism that gave him the spark to take up the Matrix.

I'm hoping that in the second one they add far more backstory to the Transformers and even shift the setting to Cybertron. That would set it up perfect for part 3 being like the original, only on steroids. The only downers would be that Orson Welles couldn't play as Unicron, and Robert Stack couldn't play as Ultra Magnus.

Actually, my favorite version of Ultra Magnus (also my favorite Transformer) was the one in the R.I.D. (Robots in Disguise) series, circa 2000. He was more of a disgruntled badass Veteran Warrior than the aged, un-charismatic version in the original Movie and G1. Heck, the U Mags in RID whooped Prime's ass and another badass - Scourge on different occassions. He was upset that Prime was given the Matrix of Leadership over himself; the two of them were supposedly brothers. However, Prime was more of the "administrative" guy while Magnus was more of the Warrior. Ok, I digressed quite a lot, but man, gotta the Transformers...
Posted By: Seaelf Re: Transformers Movie - 07/07/07 08:42 PM
The funny parts were my favorite.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Transformers Movie - 07/08/07 12:22 AM
seen it 2 times now
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Transformers Movie - 07/08/07 07:01 PM
finally saw it, sick film.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Transformers Movie - 07/10/07 02:12 PM
Finally saw it last night with my younger brother who visited out of town for his 28th birthday.

Man, I was surprised to find that there was actually character development in the beginning of the film. Bumblebee using classic pop rock like "Who's gonna drive you home" and "Baby come back" was not only hilarious and proved he was the master of perfect timing, but it also added to the nostalgia of a movie based partially on nostalgia. Still laughing my ass off @ Bumblebee. Action got a little jumbled together nearing the end, but that's to be expected on a battlefield. Man, the movie turned out better than I'd hoped, and the comedic characters actually amplified it.

I really liked that Prime was faced with tough choices and made the "warrior's decision" at some junctions, rather than an emotionally-charged one. The Tformers actually had little to no mercy for their enemies on both sides, making it much more believable IMO. Too many times a movie goes down the shitter for me when I see some overly-sensitive indecisive moment where someone won't finish off the enemy and move on to the next. Prime and Megatron both had their moments where they didn't hesitate to rip an opponent to shreds.

I really hope they work the plot up to the original 1985 movie plotline, though loosely (who wants to watch the same thing twice).

New (unseen) Transformers I'd like to see appear in Part 2:

DECEPTICONS:

**Shockwave - purple gun turret that Megatron left behind in his stead on Cybertron in the original series. Totally badass, high str and int.

**Starscream's jet brothers - forgot their official name, lol. Thundercracker and Skywarp were the two main ones.

**Seacons - not shown much in the original series, these would make sense considering the ending in the movie. They merge to form a poweful colossus.

**combaticons - created by Starscream in the original series, these would also make sense given the ending in the movie, plus they also form a powerful colossus.

**Astrotrain - triple changer - Space shuttle + train

**Blitzwing - triple changer - Jet + tank.

AUTOBOTS:

**Jetfire

**Ultra Magnus

**Hot Rod

**Springer - Triple changer - Car + Helicopter

**Dinobots

off to work. would have liked to add more =)
Posted By: Arcain Re: Transformers Movie - 07/10/07 07:41 PM
you wont see any of the old ones unless they lived in beasties, I am fairly certain this picks up where beast wars left off when prime put megatron's spark into his g1 body or whatever it was called and left him on earth ending the series, i'll have to go back and watch it again though
Posted By: Heidi Re: Transformers Movie - 07/10/07 11:23 PM
wow....
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Transformers Movie - 07/11/07 12:33 AM
Quote:

you wont see any of the old ones unless they lived in beasties, I am fairly certain this picks up where beast wars left off when prime put megatron's spark into his g1 body or whatever it was called and left him on earth ending the series, i'll have to go back and watch it again though

Whether you're a G1 fan or a Beast Wars fan, it doesn't matter. This doesn't leave off where anything left off. I've read up on the forums and the fansites. This is Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman's written interpretation of the beginning of the Transformers, directed by Michael Bay. Think: "Transformers Begins" ala Batman begins.

The "Spark" as it's called is just a variant incarnation of what was seen in Beast Wars and the Matrix of Leadership from G1. **SPOILERS** At the end of the 2007 movie, Prime took a piece of it out of Megatron. Ironically, that's probably enough to reduce the overload, allowing Megatron to re-energize using what was left of the original spark. Megatron had a Sea-Fortress in the original series - I could see that easily leading up to the Seacons. Starscream getting away could easily leading to him either creating or bringing down the Combaticons, as well as Thundercracker and Skywarp.

Bay and/or whoever directs and/or writes the next movie will probably review or already has reviewed the myriads of characters from all the series' and may take the most interesting characters with which to form a plotline. Seriously, if he was trying to go Beast Wars on us, we would have seen some links to that in the movie. Looks more to me like it's going along a hybrid route. At any rate, the G1 Tformers eventually had a complete mix of both vehicles/jets and beasts. Dynamic stuff, unless you're too young or old to remember.

Personally, I'd like to see RID Scourge (later called Nemesis Prime) appear as the evil Black-colored version of Prime, mainly because it would be fun.

There's really no reason to believe at this point that G1 characters can't or won't be in the mix for later movies. Most of the ones in the movie were originally in G1, and I don't recall Jazz being in Beast Wars, or Ratchet for that matter - but they certainly were in G1.
Posted By: Daye Re: Transformers Movie - 07/11/07 03:34 AM
Note to self:

Never, EVER consider doing Transformers Trivia with Crimthan.
Guaranteed loss !

Posted By: Crimthan Re: Transformers Movie - 07/11/07 04:09 AM
I'm sure I went overboard...but I can't help myself.

Up until the 1985 Original Transformers Movie, I was your typical kid in gradeschool who really thought the Transformer concept was cool. Then the movie came out during the third year of G1 Transformer Series. I watched the Big Screen in triumph as Optimus Prime whooped Megatron's ass for real, then was horrified as Prime died from the wounds. I was shocked when Unicron, voiced by Orson Welles HIMSELF, transformed into a Planet-sized being and began pulverizing Cybertron. Then I stared in awe as Hot Rod later opened the Matrix, becoming Rodimus Prime to "Light Our Darkest Hour." I'm sure that sounds cliche' today, but it was all new material and a badass plot for back then. I've been a hopeless fanatic ever since.

Most other stuff I like is Ancient/Medieval History or Fantasy, not high-tech sci fi. Transformers are the only high-tech thing in Pop culture I really get into. If there were ever a Transformer MMO, I'd become absorbed into the game just like that dude in the Lawnmower man...
Posted By: JaconClay Re: Transformers Movie - 07/11/07 06:30 AM
I go to see this movie again for just one viewing was not enough to capture all the awesomeness that it is.
© The KGB Oracle