The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Vydor Please help with minor project... - 05/24/07 02:26 AM
As mentioned elsewhere I am a teacher, and will be starting a new class July first. As part of my research for this class I am hoping to gather the opinions of random ppl from around the world on a couple potentially controversial topics. I have created an extremely short, completely and totally anonymous survey to gather these opinions and I am hoping that 100's of ppl will will it out. Please do not post any answers or questions to this thread as it will harm the purity of the data (and likely give the moderators a BIG mess to deal with). If you have any questions or problems please email me directly at vydorian@gmail.com

I will make the results of the survey public after I have written the software to process all of it.

Thank you very much for any time you spent reading this post, and answering the survery. You can find it here:
http://www.vydor.net/survey/survey.php
Posted By: Raekwon Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/24/07 08:48 AM
Interesting...

Anyway, filled it out.

How are you doing Vydor, I was just wondering where you were at.
Posted By: Vydor Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/24/07 10:58 AM
Alive an dwell, mostly gaming on the Wii right now. Lost my job, had to move to Virginia to find work (two jobs actually), and talking a break from the online world politics. Still poke around here from time to time....
Posted By: JetStar Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/24/07 11:16 AM
Taken!
Posted By: Raphe Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/24/07 01:37 PM
I took one too
Posted By: JaconClay Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/24/07 04:34 PM
I also poked at it.
Posted By: Owain Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/24/07 06:40 PM
That was certainly a pretty meager survey...
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/25/07 05:46 PM
Not enough choices on the survey, almost was black and white. I had to basically pick the one that was the most true for me, which I don't like to do. Rather choose a directly honest answer. In fact, none of my answers, would they have been essay questions, would have come close to the choices provided. I've studied quite a bit about life, philosophy, and history, and the answers to choose from were too vague. Guess I didn't find the survey thought provoking enough.
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/25/07 08:36 PM
Vydor, WTF!?

It's been YEARS AND YEARS.
Posted By: Vydor Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/25/07 11:12 PM
heh Dunlop... I have been around... just not shooting for any top poster goals

Crim.. the answers were general in nature so that a computer could run statistics on them and catch the largest quantity of responders. As I expected I get some ppl like you, and others that say the exact opposite. Essay questions would not be feasible for the sample size I ma shooting for, and would be impossible for a computer to score.

As with all things taken to the general public, most ppl fit the profile, and are happy with the survey, a few think its OMG AWSOME and few like you are disappointed. About what my statistics training has taught me to expect of the general population.

Thanks for all that have answerd, but I need alot more! Only 105 answers as of this post. If you can spread the word on it I would appreciate that. I am going for a cross section of the general public at large, so do not worry about who you send it to in that respect. I have posted this on a medical forum, a coffee forum, 2 gaming forums, and an astronomy forum so far. I also have a couple ppl fwd'ing it to their email address books. I also passed it around my office at work.:)

Thanks!!
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/26/07 12:29 AM
I knew I'd fall into a minority opinion, and that you'd say that. That's why I'm not beside myself with grief and crying in the corner over the survey. Anyway, thanks! I enjoy taking surveys as a whole. =)
Posted By: Daye Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/29/07 03:35 AM
Short survey for sure. Done though

-Daye
Posted By: Elph Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/29/07 04:30 AM
vydor i am posting this on both my moms groups and also going to send this via myspace bulliten since i have a ton of diff varieties of people on my friends list.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/29/07 07:47 AM
I sent it out to a few friends also! ^^
Posted By: ltima Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/29/07 12:32 PM
done
Posted By: Elph Re: Please help with minor project... - 05/29/07 01:52 PM
Your link doesn't appear to work today so you must have gatheed all the information you needed?
Posted By: Vydor Re: Please help with minor project... - 06/04/07 06:58 PM
Nope I had to move hosts, my old host could not handle my bandwidth needs (1TB) so try again!
Posted By: Vydor Re: Please help with minor project... - 06/07/07 08:42 PM
Survey is now closed. Public can view the results here: http://www.vydor.net/survey/public-results.php

Thank you for your help in this matter. I feel confident enough of the results to use it.
Posted By: Elph Re: Please help with minor project... - 06/09/07 04:54 PM
wow intresting results.
do you know how many total people took the survey?
© The KGB Oracle