The KGB Oracle
Posted By: WhiteBay Something Interesting - 05/17/07 11:04 PM
KGB is the Russian-language for abbreviation for Committee for State Security, Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti. The KGB was the umbrella organization name for the Soviet Union's premier security, secret police, and intelligence agency, from 1954 to 1991.

I think that was kinda interesting any way
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Something Interesting - 05/18/07 12:47 AM
Yap, that's actually common knowledge to those of us older than 25, and even some who are younger! =)
Posted By: ZoneOni Re: Something Interesting - 05/18/07 02:51 AM
i know cuz i had to do a report back in high school about the kgb and the cia during the cold war stuffs. it was a good read, i never thought i would like spy stuff. you know what i came to a conclusion after doing a month long project/report on the kgb/cia, they both run on milk..
Posted By: Awastatyme Re: Something Interesting - 05/18/07 12:33 PM
and cookies
Posted By: Garal Re: Something Interesting - 05/18/07 05:47 PM
Lol I think most of us already knew about the Russian KGB ;p That's why our name got nerfed in WoW iirc =(
Posted By: ZoneOni Re: Something Interesting - 05/19/07 11:08 AM
i like to think that there are real kgb spies hidden inside of knights and glory and beer so sometimes i lay traps in posts or conversations to try to see if they spill some secrets only real kgb agents would know. to this day i havent found any but i bet there are.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Something Interesting - 05/19/07 01:09 PM
::sighs:: The Kremlin is beautiful this time of year :P
Posted By: Taxman Re: Something Interesting - 05/19/07 04:21 PM
I have stood in "Red Square" and have a cool panorama I took of the Kremlin. St. Basil's is truly beautiful inside as it is outside!
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Something Interesting - 05/20/07 02:44 AM
Quote:

Yap, that's actually common knowledge to those of us older than 25, and even some who are younger! =)

I'm 24 and I knew that when i was like 12.

Dude, does no one watch Bond as a kid?...fack.
Posted By: Haraa Re: Something Interesting - 05/21/07 07:06 AM
losers
Posted By: Raekwon Re: Something Interesting - 05/22/07 09:44 AM
Quote:

Lol I think most of us already knew about the Russian KGB ;p That's why our name got nerfed in WoW iirc =(

Freaking WoW... I'll never forgive them for that... or for all the nights they caused me to miss going to bars and or partying with friends/girlfriend.

Another funny thing... I work for "KBR"... yeah, for the first few months I slipped a few times during conversation with coworkers saying "KGB" instead of KBR. They were actually sorta confused by it... meh.
© The KGB Oracle