The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Calamos KGB & Camelot Unchained*? - 04/20/14 05:48 AM
Has there been any discussion about, or are there active KGB members planning to be involved with Camelot Unchained? For anyone unaware, it's being developed by the lead of the team that created Dark Age of Camelot. The development is being funded by a Kickstarter that pulled in something like $2.5M.

Daoc was/is my favorite game, and I was in KGB within minutes of starting my first character there by the name I now use as an internet handle. All because the owner of the net cafe I was sitting in was a member (Locke) and showed me the game. It just seems fitting that I start the sequel the same way.

Those who donated to the Kickstarter for CU will be given earlier access. I put up enough to join Beta3, which is expected to begin later this year. Alpha is possible in the next few weeks.

I haven't looked at the oracle in a couple years, and haven't played a game with KGB since '06 or '07, but I played DAoC, WoW, Shadowbane and SWG with the foamy beer crest.
Posted By: Hobbitlauncher Re: KGB & Camelot Unchained*? - 04/20/14 04:05 PM
I'm a backer, but my interest has been slowly dying for it.

I want it to be good, and I'll play it (since I'm a backer). However, their lack of substantial information dumps to the backing public is worrying, and I dislike some of the recent decisions.

TL;DR: I'm following it, but we'll see.

EDIT:

I'm beta 1 (Estimated delivery of Beta 1 Access: February 2015.) with a beta 3 invite available (likely going to my fiancee, Xana)
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB & Camelot Unchained*? - 04/21/14 07:15 PM
There has been talk here and there about it, Archeage, and shroud of the avatar.
© The KGB Oracle