The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Derid Nice summary, of why Vista sucks - 01/29/07 10:48 PM

Those who have followed it in detail and/or work in the industry (IT) have long known that Vista is a somewhat nice-looking pile of shit, that MS hopes to push on the world via pre-existing monopoly + DX10.

This article nicely spells it out.

We need more gaming engines on Linux, period.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Nice summary, of why Vista sucks - 01/30/07 02:34 AM
Yah, someone was telling me about that a few months back that Vista wasn't all it was cracked up to be. A real pity, but I'm totally happy with Windows XP.
Posted By: Elph Re: Nice summary, of why Vista sucks - 01/31/07 08:41 PM
from what I see vista is all eye candy I get a free upgrade since I just recently bought a new computer but I think once I get the software I will hold off on installing it.
Posted By: chaulootz Re: Nice summary, of why Vista sucks - 01/31/07 10:13 PM
Windows Vista Upgrade Decision Flowchart from BBspot

Posted By: Seaelf Re: Nice summary, of why Vista sucks - 02/01/07 05:36 PM
nice elph, did you get a new gaming rig ?
Posted By: Raekwon Re: Nice summary, of why Vista sucks - 02/02/07 01:27 PM
And the one reason to upgrade to Vista...

DirectX 10.

LOL, so we'll do it.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Nice summary, of why Vista sucks - 02/02/07 04:58 PM
Quote:

And the one reason to upgrade to Vista...

DirectX 10.

LOL, so we'll do it.

Not until I have to.

I'm personally hoping that SDL will get bigger so I can write a big fat e-mail to Microsoft to tell them they can stick their penis' in Direct X all they want, and it won't help them re-monopolize the market at all.
SDL... is that made by google? :P

p.s.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Nice summary, of why Vista sucks - 02/02/07 05:01 PM
From Wikipedia:

"Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) is a cross-platform multimedia free software library written in C that creates an abstraction over various platforms' graphics, sound, and input APIs, allowing a developer to write a computer game or other multimedia application once and run it on many operating systems including GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OS X. It manages video, events, digital audio, CD-ROM, sound, threads, shared object loading, networking and timers."
Posted By: Derid Re: Nice summary, of why Vista sucks - 02/02/07 08:01 PM

We need something. Or VMs to get better so we can just make a VM image for Vista + game. Run all our games from virtual machines, unfortunatly that wont happen anytime soon.

But it will have to be a VERY compelling reason for me to ever pay for Vista. Either the best game of all time that has no possible peer, and requires it- or .... well immediate threats of physical violence.
Posted By: khi Re: Nice summary, of why Vista sucks - 02/02/07 09:32 PM
we should all just get use to the fact that microsoft owns our lives they will be no one coming to save us and we are destiny to be under their thumb lol
...save the cheerleader save the world
© The KGB Oracle