The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Bishop Gift advice(especially female) - 01/05/07 11:04 PM
Alright, well as you guys know I’m leaving to Rosario Argentina in a couple of months. Rosario actually means rosary, named after their saint Lady of the Rosary, a.k.a. the mystic rose.

So I like the idea of the rose, and I was thinking of having a rose sent to my best friend in New Hampshire who I will not see for two years. Not to mention depending on how my relationship goes with the girl I’m going up to Idaho to spend time with, I was also planning on picking up a rose in town for her as well.

But as I started looking over the internet I quickly found it would cost at least 40 dollars to have a small(but pretty) set of roses hand delivered in New Hampshire. And at least 30 to have it sent by mail.
3 roses

Realizing I was already in the market for 40 dollars in flowers that wont even last very long I started looking at some other options.
check this out
Its a real rose dipped in gold and the leaves and pedals are lacquered so it will last a long time(I would think forever) and you can still see the color. However we are talking 65 dollars to have it sent in a nice white box with a letter. This would mean I’m working weekends that I really don’t want to work : (

I checked ebay and there is a good rated seller who can send it for like 45 dollars however I would assume there is no note, nor a nice white box. Ebay, however, would work if my relationship in Idaho goes well I could buy one from ebay and put my own card or whatever I want to give it to her.

Basically I’m not sure if it's worth the money. I think its cute and will last a long time, and represents where I will be so they can think of me. I like to throw in something sentimental every once in a while to keep them on their toes.

I was hoping the ladies here could let me know what they think of these roses, and maybe some you guys know a cheaper solution.
Posted By: Heidi Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/06/07 01:31 AM
Make something that means something to the both of you. Even just a card you made with pictures in it of you or the both of you. Girls don't care about the pricetag... they care about the effort and thought put into a gift. That is what matters. If it means something to you it will mean something to them.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/06/07 01:44 AM
well the cheapest solution is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnhJA2a3rXo&mode=related&search= (censored don't worry)
Posted By: Heidi Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/06/07 02:28 AM
firefox doesn't like Youtube links. Fun Fun
Posted By: Elph Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/06/07 02:53 AM
i never have problem with youtube on ff
tbh that looks cheap for 54 bux..

i am not a flower girl.
are they into charm bracelets or maybe some sorta charmed necklace of a rose that they can wear close to their heard to remember you while you are away ?

Nothing worse then having Steve spend 40 bux on some flowers that die in 2 wks when we could've bought something that lasts longer.
Posted By: chaulootz Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/06/07 05:46 AM
Quote:

well the cheapest solution is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnhJA2a3rXo&mode=related&search= (censored don't worry)

lol as soon as i saw the title of the thread i thought of that vid
Posted By: Winter Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/06/07 02:09 PM
Bishop here is some serious advice. It isn't what you buy for them as much as the note YOU write to put with it. That will be more treasured and more loved then whatever comes with it if anything at all. And then after that each letter will be cherished. Make sure whatever you send is something you think is nice, but make sure that the letter is from the heart.

PS> you better feel special MR I hate sayin bye to people it makes me cry, Grimm was teasin me about cryin over it.
Posted By: pawnseye Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/06/07 05:49 PM
They tell you that man, but hte truth is, spend a lot and leave the pricetag on it, or spend a little and put a big price tag on it. Wanna know why? because you can use it later to make them feel bad that you spent so much money on it and they aren't showing they appreciate it enough. Making girls feel bad is allways to your advantage bro, just something to remember.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/06/07 07:11 PM
step one is pick one girl :P
Posted By: Slinger Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/06/07 07:13 PM
Quote:

step one is pick one girl :P

Posted By: Elph Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/07/07 12:17 AM
lol pawns you been around the wrong woman.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/07/07 12:22 AM
Quote:

Girls don't care about the pricetag...

hahahahahhhah, Hahahahhahaahhahaahah, hahahhahahahahhahahhhahahhahahhahahahhahahahah, ok, ok, HOOHOOHJHOOHHHOHOOOHHOO, wait, wait, Please, please stop. I am going to have a heart attack here.
Posted By: Elph Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/07/07 12:45 AM
Yea jet knows alot about woman aren't you single??

*oh low blow*
Posted By: Bishop Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/07/07 04:54 AM
Hehe, hes totally right though. Girls, like every thing else in life want balance. That means something sentimental and meaningful every once and while. And then something horribly expensive every other once in a while.
Posted By: Bishop Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/07/07 04:56 AM
Quote:

PS> you better feel special MR I hate sayin bye to people it makes me cry, Grimm was teasin me about cryin over it.

Winter your so cute : )
Posted By: JetStar Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/07/07 05:10 AM
Quote:

*oh low blow*

I have an experiment for al you gentleman out there. Make a pretty card, and write a poem in it. Hand decorate it and put some quality time. Give it to your girlfriend/wife, etc. Then go out and buy yourself a $650 PS3 or a new computer.

Watch the girls face closely when you say, "Hey, LOOK WHAT I BOUGHT MYSELF!". I think my point will be made in the reaction and the passive agressive retailation you receive in the coming months.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/07/07 05:12 AM
lol, that's because you spent your money on a PS3, if you get the Wii she'll sit on your lap while you play, I promise!
Posted By: Bishop Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/07/07 05:38 AM
lol, slinger is the resourceful type.
Posted By: Raekwon Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/07/07 02:54 PM
Real plain and simple comrade. They like getting gifts and they like knowing you're thinking about them and not someone else (even though you are actually thinking about 2 girls you bastard. )

However, you're not living next door to them, thus the best ways to show you are thinking about them and to give them gifts is through ordering them stuff. And so... this is how money does matter. Sure, they say just do something to let them know you care, but most options... in order to show said "care"... requires spending money, and alot, for something that seems like it should be cheaper.

Flower Sites, I like teleflora the best, they have the upgrade option which makes the style you pick even better looking than the pic (or so they claim) and chocolates are always a winner, probably worth sending a small box with the flowers.

www.teleflora.com
www.flora200.com
www.1800flowers.com

Or if they aren't much for flowers, or allergic, or you can't find any you like to send her, then skip the flowers altogether and go straight to the chocolate...

www.godiva.com

There's a cookie, truffle, nugget, something on there that any woman would love...... crave. Hell I wish I had some freak'n chocolate even, something with peanuts, carmel and dark chocolate, or no wait... dark chocolate and raspberry. Hell yeah.

Or buy the gold covered rose and then also set the delivery date for the godiva chocolate to be the same date the rose would arrive (Godiva lets you pick the date.) And if you do have a nice poem or words of love to share, than buy a card on the godiva site to go with the order and type it in there. Otherwise Godiva just gives a small but stylish card for free that can only hold like 14 words.

In summary, don't be cheap, how much you spend DOES matter, BECAUSE you can only do the hand written letter thing so many times before you have to switch it up, and switching it up means expensive options. $60 for flowers, $20 for chocolate. Spend the $80 bro, they are most likely worth it and soon you'll be gone and wishing you had sent more of a gift.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/07/07 08:08 PM
www.proflowers.com is the best I've found. No fancy white box, but the flowers last for a good while, they're inexpensive, and they're VERY nice! I order from them every Valentine's and have always been overly pleased with the smiles they put on the ladies' faces!
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/07/07 08:10 PM
post that link again in about a month :P
Posted By: Bishop Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/07/07 10:38 PM
Ok an interesting turn of events. Turns out im stuck in Mexico for another week for church issues. However my parents did feel bad and decided to fly in my lady friend for my last severel days to a week that im in Mexico for my farewell with is just a church thing we do when some one leaves on a mission.

So now I have more time to decided on the best route.
Posted By: Heidi Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/07/07 11:54 PM
Quote:

Quote:

*oh low blow*

I have an experiment for al you gentleman out there. Make a pretty card, and write a poem in it. Hand decorate it and put some quality time. Give it to your girlfriend/wife, etc. Then go out and buy yourself a $650 PS3 or a new computer.

Watch the girls face closely when you say, "Hey, LOOK WHAT I BOUGHT MYSELF!". I think my point will be made in the reaction and the passive agressive retailation you receive in the coming months.

I'm pretty sure a guy would feel the same way if she bought him a pair of socks and started bragging about the thousand dollar outfit she just bought with his card not to mention the 5 pair of $100 shoes to match all the different ways to wear the outfit.

Door swings both ways... just don't let it hit you in the ass on your way out.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/08/07 12:26 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

*oh low blow*

I'm pretty sure a guy would feel the same way if she bought him a pair of socks and started bragging about the thousand dollar outfit she just bought with his card not to mention the 5 pair of $100 shoes to match all the different ways to wear the outfit.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/08/07 02:42 AM
hopes it dont hit me on the way in either :P
Posted By: syev Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/08/07 03:02 AM
thats why they make doggie doors
Posted By: Heidi Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/08/07 02:29 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

*oh low blow*

Whuh u talken bout foo!
Posted By: Derid Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/08/07 10:37 PM

Seems the ladies on this thread are responding the way women always respond , and the guys are responding according to actual experience dealing with women ^_^

Trust me, unless they are lesbians you are better off getting good advice in these matters from guys than from girls ^_^

/ducks
/runs
/hides
Posted By: Heidi Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/09/07 02:15 AM
Quote:

Seems the ladies on this thread are responding the way women always respond , and the guys are responding according to actual experience dealing with women ^_^

Trust me, unless they are lesbians you are better off getting good advice in these matters from guys than from girls ^_^

/ducks
/runs
/hides

Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Gift advice(especially female) - 01/09/07 03:18 AM
Quote:

brutal...
© The KGB Oracle