The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Fleeting Our first home - 12/17/06 08:36 PM
Due to my disability my wife and I had being living with my mum for the last few years but we worked our way around it and have brought the house so we finally have a place to ourselves to call home.

Its been a month of hardwork but with help from my Dad. Thanks Dad your a star we are pretty much done with the lounge.

Here is what the house looked like when we took ownership.

We'd hated the brown carpet, Salmon sofa for so long and was great to finally be able to rip it all out. As you can see on the final photo we had interior curtains. When the extention was built at the back the window was left in, so we had an interior window that was always covered with curtains. A bizzare design decision and the first job after wallpaper stripping was to rip out the window.

Unfortunatly the leather sofa and chair arrived a few weeks early so we had to work around them.

Fireplace ripped out and a cardboard marking for our plasma

What a mess, dust everywhere, a stressfull couple of weeks.

starting to look better now, all the plastering done and everything painted white.

The window gone and plastered up, well done Dad :thumbsup:

plasma bracket on the wall and all the cables channeled in the wall and the floor.
Posted By: Fleeting Re: Our first home - 12/17/06 08:37 PM
Now we are nearly done, the carpet going up the stairs is being laid tomorrow and we need a couple more pictures for the wall but we should all be finished in time for christmas.

It's now done enough for us to have moved into the lounge and we love it.

New monitor Audio speakers. Rs6's at the front and rs5's at the rear. They look stunning and sound even better.

New table arrived yesturday and we have a lovely sunset 3 peice walleater canvas from ebay.

Hardwood oak floor, new rug from B&Q, we love it.

Just got the christmas tree up today, unfortunatly due to doing everything else we'd left it very late and there wasn't many trees or decorations left to chose from. For our first ever tree though we are happy with it.

You can see the rack in the corner, squeezebox on top for my music, an xbox 360, a panasonic dvd player (hopefully being replaced this week with a toshiba HD-DVD player) Come on Toshiba get it to us in time for christmas. Sky HD and a new yamaha 1700 amp at the bottom. Need to spend a bit longer getting everything set up right but it sounds stunning at the moment.

Like I said, not quite finished, but we will get the final pictures for the wall this week and hopefully we can have a great christmas in our first ever home.

Would love to hear your thoughts.
Posted By: Derid Re: Our first home - 12/17/06 09:24 PM

NICE.

From dumpy to modern stylish, quite a transformation I must say.

Congrats on your first house m8! =)
Posted By: Slinger Re: Our first home - 12/17/06 09:49 PM
Very nice!!! My jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw the difference, lol!
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Our first home - 12/17/06 11:27 PM
Yeah the new look is awesome. You should have gotten a t.v. crew to film the transformation, that's prime television right there :P
Posted By: Seaelf Re: Our first home - 12/17/06 11:40 PM
wow nice
Posted By: ltima Re: Our first home - 12/17/06 11:44 PM
want to come fix up my apartment?

lol.
Posted By: Winter Re: Our first home - 12/18/06 06:24 AM
Looking at the pictures is like watching an episode of Flip this house or something!!
Posted By: Awastatyme Re: Our first home - 12/18/06 12:22 PM
I love the painting above the table.
Posted By: Raekwon Re: Our first home - 12/18/06 12:27 PM
A person sitting on the sofa I don't think can see the TV can they?
Posted By: Fleeting Re: Our first home - 12/18/06 01:23 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind comments,

Raek you probably wouldn't want to sit on the sofa and watch the TV no, but my wife and I have perfect viewing spots and when we have guests around we have music on rather than the TV.

In the rare occasion that we want to watch TV with guests, we will just pull the sofa around a bit.

We felt it was much better to design the room around my wife and I instead of comprimiseing because of something that only happens a couple of times a year.
Posted By: chaulootz Re: Our first home - 12/18/06 03:16 PM
Those pink couches look like they could come alive and eat whoever went to sit on them

the place looks fantastic as does that picture, who cares if other people can't see the tv, the only person that matters is you!
Posted By: Heidi Re: Our first home - 12/18/06 08:15 PM
I would have kept the pink couch adds personality...
Love the painting in the dining room as well. Looks absolutly wonderful! Wish you guys all the best in the new place!
Posted By: syev Re: Our first home - 12/18/06 08:17 PM
Quote:

Those pink couches look like they could come alive and eat whoever went to sit on them

the place looks fantastic as does that picture, who cares if other people can't see the tv, the only person that matters is you!

lol.. too much peewee play house for you chaulootz
Posted By: Crimthan Re: Our first home - 12/18/06 09:08 PM
I love your style. Not to mention that it's Much better than that frumpy looking crapola from the beginning.
Posted By: chaulootz Re: Our first home - 12/18/06 09:37 PM
LOL that was the first thing that came to mind Syev! They look sooo much like they belong on that show.
Posted By: syev Re: Our first home - 12/18/06 09:55 PM
lol ya thats oldschool.
Posted By: Slinger Re: Our first home - 12/18/06 09:56 PM
Peewee's Playhouse is on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network now, lol... We watch it when we're super drunk sometimes...
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: Our first home - 12/18/06 10:33 PM
everyone's just insulting the shit out of his poor mother's furniture :P
Posted By: syev Re: Our first home - 12/19/06 12:04 AM

...a whole new kind of "Couch Sex"...

Posted By: Fleeting Re: Our first home - 12/19/06 07:03 AM
Quote:

everyone's just insulting the shit out of his poor mother's furniture :P

and it's hilarious, go right ahead.

Syev mate that picture is awesome, Had both Andrea and I laughing this morning.
Posted By: syev Re: Our first home - 12/19/06 01:22 PM
mission accomplished!

Don't ignore the hardwood floors!!! I HATE walking in a house with creaky hardwood floors because owners don't take care of anything. Looks great by the way. 0_o I bought a ubah hd theater projector, in your situation you could use the same to allow a paper thin image. Granted thats alittle too hardcore but thats how i role... or just go with the notition of saying SCREW everyone else!! its mah tv and im the only one thats gonna be watching it from the one chair... mahahahaha. You got alot of space to setup a wii though (bowling on hardwood floors+slide effect = lol)
Posted By: Elph Re: Our first home - 12/19/06 02:02 PM
Wow that is really beautiful! You and your wife have great taste! I will have you send you out some more peanut butter goodness as a house warming gift!

I was hoping we'd see some pictures of the happy couple in their new house.

That really is a gorgeous house.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Our first home - 12/19/06 11:51 PM
Tight! What an incredable transformation. I bet this is a very proud day for you.

GREAT PICTURES!

Congratulations from all of us Fleeting!
Posted By: Valentein Re: Our first home - 12/20/06 12:31 AM
Looks flipping awesome!

The only improvement I could imagine is seeing some people in the pictures!
Posted By: Fleeting Re: Our first home - 12/20/06 11:42 AM
Thanks again everyone,

I showed my mum the thread and she thought it was really funny.

Quote:

Wow that is really beautiful! You and your wife have great taste! I will have you send you out some more peanut butter goodness as a house warming gift!

I was hoping we'd see some pictures of the happy couple in their new house.

That really is a gorgeous house.

Thanks Elph that is very kind of you, yummy.

I'll get some photos over the next few days, I normally do my best to avoid cameras though.
Posted By: Elph Re: Our first home - 12/20/06 01:48 PM
I am the same way I am not very photogenic. I have found some more good peanut butter things and I'll be sure to send you some extra take 5's this time hehe.
© The KGB Oracle