The KGB Oracle
OK THIS IS NEWS! IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS! At least for me! Disney just bought Lucasfilm for $4 billion. They also announced a new Star Wars movie to hit theaters in 2015 with new films coming after that every 2-3 years! George will consult on the new films! Wow! HUGE news! Disney now owns, Lucasfilms, Pixar and Marvel.

I was going to post this on EVERY forum especially the National news, but thought better of it, but it was close! hahaha

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/disney-buying-lucas-films-for-4-billion/

Hakaryu Lionheart
GW2 Noob
That's cool, now we can see some more Star Wars movies, now that Lucas is out of the way. I never understood why he didn't make more of them.
Hopefully a good thing! Bring on the X-Wing, or Thrawn series!!! More large-scale space battles plz.

Only concern...will Disney bring about an increase in "treasures" such as Ewoks and JarJar, or not? (I think that Disney and Lucas are about equal in terms of commercialization, so it's a tough call.)
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
That's cool, now we can see some more Star Wars movies, now that Lucas is out of the way. I never understood why he didn't make more of them.

lucas turned on his creations like a sow eating her piglets. not only did he make progressively shittyer movies, he went back and edited the classics to make them shitty. good riddance.
Lets hope they don't ressurect Jar Jar

Next trilogy is about JarJars grandkid actually, he goes to a new Jedi school Luke founded.

The Thrawn script written by Zahn was deemed to "dark", so they are going with a "Jedi kids solve problems" format. JarJars grandkid isnt supposed to be "quite" as annoying though, but who knows.

Also, they are introducing a new race of talking ducks with bad accents. One of them has a prominent place in the new Galactic Senate.
...The Jedi Academy series? The only good thing out of that Series was Kyp Durron's rampage, and possibly Exar Kun. Ugh.

Talking duck = Fosh? I don't recall a Gungan at Luke's school, but then again that was definitely NOT one of my favorite series.

Thrawn was totally not too "dark"...Grand Admiral Thrawn rocked (the Republic at least).

You better be messing with us Derid. ;P
l o l

yeah I forgot to add ::trollface::

sorry bout dat ;D
Darth Mickey :|

Disney doing a Star Wars movie. I have two words for that:

JOHN CARTER

That is all.
Originally Posted By: Daye
Darth Mickey :|

Disney doing a Star Wars movie. I have two words for that:

JOHN CARTER

That is all.

John Carter was a bunch of hype. It was an ok movie, but not one I would call great.
I would take better Indiana Jones movies over new Star Wars flicks.

I think Disney could do more with the Young Indiana Jones series. I hope they don't go too crazy with the Star Wars movies... you all know what happens thanks to R.A. Salvatore (who has a special place reserved in my hell)... CHEWY DIES!
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps

I think Disney could do more with the Young Indiana Jones series. I hope they don't go too crazy with the Star Wars movies... you all know what happens thanks to R.A. Salvatore (who has a special place reserved in my hell)... CHEWY DIES!

While I disagree with your Star Wars < Indiana Jones, that stance depends on: *IF* they let the writers like Zahn & Stackpole tell their tales, instead of the Hollywood, and/or Muppet hacks.

Salvatore can burn, burn, burn. He hasn't written anything worth a damn since the original Drow series (and he beat that dead horse until it was flat as paper...hey maybe he was born to pair up with Lucas after all; they do have that tendency in common!)

He not only killed (not bent) his Wookie, but he also reached new, unprecedented heights of Star Wars EMO = Jacen Solo.
Originally Posted By: Wildcard
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps

While I disagree with your Star Wars < Indiana Jones, that stance depends on: *IF* they let the writers like Zahn & Stackpole tell their tales, instead of the Hollywood, and/or Muppet hacks.

Salvatore can burn, burn, burn. He hasn't written anything worth a damn since the original Drow series (and he beat that dead horse until it was flat as paper...hey maybe he was born to pair up with Lucas after all; they do have that tendency in common!)

He not only killed (not bent) his Wookie, but he also reached new, unprecedented heights of Star Wars EMO = Jacen Solo.
L O L
Much more important question is WHO SHOT FIRST?!
© The KGB Oracle