The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Ceruibard New Ultima mmo! - 10/14/12 11:19 AM
This is no rumor people, this comes from Richard Garriott's own
website: http://www.portalarium.com/index.php/ultimate-rpg?id=93
Posted By: Sini Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/14/12 02:17 PM
Sadly, Richard Garrot is a spent old man. After seeing his other attempts I assume Kostner and others were reason early UO succeeded.
Posted By: Ceruibard Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/14/12 02:48 PM
You never know man
Posted By: Morlander Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/14/12 03:27 PM
im certainly curious however atm there seems to be no real info seems as tho atm its just a idea i will follow it if it gains momentum tho
Posted By: Prism Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/14/12 03:48 PM
Nice .....
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/15/12 06:28 PM
Yeh not much info it seems, but will still keep an eye on it.
Posted By: Hare Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/16/12 05:11 AM
I would give it a chance. I didnt think I would like his sci I mmo tabla rasa but it was a nice game, dual sword spy was insane. And I usually don't like the scifi stuff.

Let lightning strike again!
Posted By: Daye Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/18/12 07:26 PM
We'll see.

The older you are the more skeptical or jaded you become.

Been down the road of " It's the greatest thing since sliced bread ! " so many times it's pointless to keep up anymore.

Game releases are like presidential candidates, they promise to deliver the world and only after you've given them your money do you find out just how full of sh*t they really are.

-chuckle-
Posted By: Sini Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/18/12 08:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Daye

So true.
Posted By: Valaria Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/19/12 12:38 PM
Originally Posted By: sinij

So true.

Well that explains why most of the old people are crotchety old farts with attitude. *cough*tas*cough* [yes]
Posted By: Tasorin Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/19/12 06:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Valaria
Originally Posted By: sinij

So true.

Well that explains why most of the old people are crotchety old farts with attitude. *cough*tas*cough* [yes]

I earned every bit of it..

I was talking in a backroom with Jordan over at Smith & Tinker a couple of weeks ago and since there Mech Warrior project went away this is one of the projects they are looking to get involved in. Just chatter for now, but always a good sign when other industry pro's are considering putting money and talent up.
Posted By: Owain Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/19/12 09:13 PM
Well, UO in many ways, was the best.game.evah. Dated now, sure, and Origin screwed it up beyond all recognition, but that was after they forced Garriot out of his own company. Given that, I would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and support whatever he comes up with. If it fails, it fails, but it might be great.
Posted By: Daye Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/20/12 06:38 PM
It certainly will not be the game we grew up with.

The days of full loot, anything goes, non-opt-in PvP are long gone. It limits their market potential too much to concentrate on the wee little group that loves that stuff :D
Posted By: Owain Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/21/12 03:00 PM
Well, we can always hope that if Ultima returns, Siege Perilous will return as well.
Posted By: Sini Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/23/12 09:09 PM
Minus ROT, because ROT was spawn of satan.
Posted By: Apotheon Re: New Ultima mmo! - 10/28/12 06:30 PM
I've heard a lot about Ultima from you guys. I never got to play it, but it sounds like the kind of hardcore game that I would really enjoy a lot.
© The KGB Oracle