The KGB Oracle
Posted By: hydr nintendo wii - 11/22/06 07:53 PM
WEEEEEEEEE!

to buy or not to buy that is the question!

zelda looks cool and their controller seems pretty sweet!
Posted By: chaulootz Re: nintendo wii - 11/22/06 08:14 PM
Till the strap breaks and the controller is propelled at mach 3 into your 72" HDTV!!!

But its Zelda .... so yeah ... to buy indeed.
Posted By: hydr Re: nintendo wii - 11/22/06 08:57 PM
haha that would suck!

well i did it!

no wii's left, there all sold out but the smaller stores like gamestop will have more this evening ready for friday morning and i'll be there!

fortunatly there were plenty of copies of zelda around at all the stores, so i picked one up and im ready to go come friday!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: nintendo wii - 11/22/06 11:17 PM
the wii looks like some sort of feminine product

that is all
Posted By: ltima Re: nintendo wii - 11/24/06 12:50 AM
wii is awsom.
Posted By: Arcain Re: nintendo wii - 11/24/06 01:04 AM
ya here in edmonton, people want it more then the ps3 now fors some reason lol what a turn of events
Posted By: Heidi Re: nintendo wii - 11/24/06 01:09 AM
I just like the name. How could something with that name not be fun
Posted By: Slinger Re: nintendo wii - 11/24/06 04:46 AM
In the US:

Nintendo and Sony both expected a shipment of 400,000 systems each for sale at their respective release dates. While Nintendo was in the ballpark (350-450k expected) Sony was way out of their league shipping an estimated ~150k. On top of this, Nintendo expects to ship an additional 200k Wii systems every week until the end of 2006.

As for performance, the Wii is hot!! FYE hasn't received any systems yet, so I can't pick up my pre-ordered system yet, but I did buy an extra controller already to play with my friends, I couldn't resist after playing the system. We spend so much time doing...physical...stuff...now. Tennis on Wii Sports is amazing; I can't wait for something like Virtua Tennis to release for the Wii. Oh, not to mention that my Mii (my personalized Wii avatar, you might even call it a doll) can save right on my WiiMote, it's pretty sweet.

Oh, I forgot to mention about the PS3... My friends and I were looking for a display set up for it because none of us bothered to pick one up. We went down to Best Buy and their display had crashed, so we drove down the road to EB Games. We had a chance to play there, but didn't stick around for long. We played the game that was already loaded, then switched to some motocross demo that froze up for a moment while it was loading and turned out disappointingly pixelated after it had loaded, not something I'm looking for on an HDTV (as if I could afford one like they had set up for the display, lol).

In the end I can't break free from my roots, they do their job well. Nintendo for life.
Posted By: hydr Re: nintendo wii - 11/24/06 06:52 AM
sling does the remote have built in memory to save your mii?
or did you use an sd card?

OMG... www.wiicade.com

this website has the funnest flash games i've ever played!

and its supported by the nintendo wii so you can play them on your wii once they have opera browser ready to go!

i cant wait to get a WEEEEEE!

not even playing the actual console games this is going to be the best party console to date to have with friends over and drinking games!

not to mention telling teh ladies after... hey wanna touch my wii!? lol
Posted By: Slinger Re: nintendo wii - 11/24/06 07:48 PM
My Mii saves directly to the controller, unfortunately game data cannot be saved to the controller. I think it has like 10 Mii slots or something around there.
Posted By: Elph Re: nintendo wii - 11/24/06 09:38 PM
We are going to get a wii, its cost is one of the main reason but then after seeing how it looks is pretty awesome.
if you arebuying it just for hte zelda the new zelda is also available on gamecube
Posted By: hydr Re: nintendo wii - 11/25/06 09:20 AM
yah i dont have gamecube... havnt had a console since sega dreamcast.

saw the new gameplay trailers for wii and i was like O M G it looks SOO fun to play! WIIIIIIIIII!
Posted By: hydr Re: nintendo wii - 11/25/06 07:03 PM
YAY!

i found my wii!
Posted By: Heidi Re: nintendo wii - 11/26/06 01:50 AM
WEEEEEEEE
Posted By: Denna Re: nintendo wii - 11/26/06 03:53 AM
LOL Elph I can just see you after a fight with your hubby or a frustrating day of being a mom at the controls of a WII and snapping them.
Better get a couple of those for the infuriating days or else look into some heavy guage cord to save yourself the extra cosst.
Posted By: Taxman Re: nintendo wii - 11/26/06 04:45 PM
Quote:

Oh, I forgot to mention about the PS3... My friends and I were looking for a display set up for it because none of us bothered to pick one up. We went down to Best Buy and their display had crashed, so we drove down the road to EB Games. We had a chance to play there, but didn't stick around for long. We played the game that was already loaded, then switched to some motocross demo that froze up for a moment while it was loading and turned out disappointingly pixelated after it had loaded, not something I'm looking for on an HDTV (as if I could afford one like they had set up for the display, lol).

Actually, from what I have seen so far about 50% of the PS3 displays I have seen are crashed/non-functional. That doesn't look very good.

And speaking of wii.... weeeeeeee!
Posted By: Ken_Kamillion Re: nintendo wii - 11/26/06 06:13 PM
i Have a wii and trust me it is a fucking blast. Zelda is amazing the gx are not bad. Boxing for wii sports is amazing i get tired playing a damn video game. I wanted a ps3 and was 10mins late from getting one so i decided to get a wii. I had to go to a wedding so i made a deal with my buddy any game he wants ill buy so i can get one so he sat there for 5 hours from like 2-7pm and i sat there from 7-12 and it was worth it. Zelda is sick i cant wait tell smash bro brawl and the new meteoriod. Ill still get a ps3 but for now im good with zelda and madden/wii sports. Also ur memory is a SD (san disk) so u can go to walmart buy a 256 on up for cheap.
Posted By: Heidi Re: nintendo wii - 11/27/06 04:24 AM
weeeeeeeee
Posted By: Derid Re: nintendo wii - 11/27/06 04:45 AM

I dont know why anyone would bother with a PS3 yet.

Theyre buggy, and AFAIK dont have much of worth to play.

Spend that 600+$ + games on a Video card and/or cpu.

250$ is reasonable for a console IMO, save that 600 for DFO rig until theres a game worth 600$ to play.

If u guys go spending 7-800$ on crappy consoles and bitch about vid lag in DFO im gonna lmao. =P
Posted By: nethervoid Re: nintendo wii - 11/27/06 03:53 PM
Quote:

250$ is reasonable for a console IMO, save that 600 for DFO rig until theres a game worth 600$ to play.

If u guys go spending 7-800$ on crappy consoles and bitch about vid lag in DFO im gonna lmao. =P

QFT lol

Actually I just can't see spending what I do on machines and also turn around and spend 500 on a console.
Posted By: syev Re: nintendo wii - 11/30/06 03:34 AM
Quote:

Quote:

QFT lol

Actually I just can't see spending what I do on machines and also turn around and spend 500 on a console.

AMEN!
Posted By: hydr Re: nintendo wii - 12/01/06 08:09 PM
wanna touch my... wii !?
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: nintendo wii - 12/01/06 08:52 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/29
Posted By: Raekwon Re: nintendo wii - 12/02/06 03:20 PM
OoOoOooo, butter and astroglide in a kiddie pool, the overload of sensation!
© The KGB Oracle