The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Heidi A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 10/31/06 07:51 PM
I'm lamenting over my wonderful sunshine and beach break a few weeks ago especially after taking my daughter to school today...
I thought the reader in my car was broken when it registered 15º F... till we drove past the High School reader board and it was flashing 15º F

If you are one of the lucky ones that are trying to survive these extremes you aren't alone! If you are living it up in anything over 50º may 6 ft of snow be dumped on your house tonight.
Posted By: Valentein Re: A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 10/31/06 10:19 PM
Seriously. I know it's probably colder on your side of the state, Heidi, but that first frost of the year on Monday felt damn cold yesterday.

This is the time of year when my barista hands get all chapped to hell. Hate it.
Posted By: Arcain Re: A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 11/01/06 01:50 AM
i already have a few inches of snow and its sitting around -4 to 10 degrees celsius, and the norm in the middle of november will be 20 below, and december through february will be 30 to 40 below and windy so make that 50 or 60 below every now and then with the windchill in effect... sissies
Posted By: Heidi Re: A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 11/01/06 01:56 AM
Bite my smartie!
Posted By: Arcain Re: A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 11/01/06 03:00 AM
lol, i dare you to pass some out for halloween candy, you will get mugged by children in the streets desperate to get there fix of them later on
Posted By: Heidi Re: A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 11/01/06 06:01 AM
Death by trick or treater!
Posted By: Chez Re: A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 11/01/06 09:52 AM
Heh, I kind of doubt ANY snow will fall here in Kuwait, but I will try to be optimistic. Just be grateful you're not here lol. Though im not sure which I hate the most yet, extreme cold, extreme heat, or no alcohol lol.
Posted By: Heidi Re: A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 11/01/06 02:15 PM
I would be leaning towards the no alcohol...
Posted By: Valentein Re: A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 11/02/06 12:40 AM
Quote:

Heh, I kind of doubt ANY snow will fall here in Kuwait, but I will try to be optimistic. Just be grateful you're not here lol. Though im not sure which I hate the most yet, extreme cold, extreme heat, or no alcohol lol.

How about the sectarian violence and people dying part?

That's what come to mind first for me, though I've never been there. Don't mean to bring anyone down, I'm sorry if I did.
Posted By: Heidi Re: A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 11/02/06 12:42 AM
Give me your tootsie pops and we'll call it even
Posted By: Arcain Re: A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 11/02/06 02:00 AM
Quote:

Quote:

That's what come to mind first for me, though I've never been there. Don't mean to bring anyone down, I'm sorry if I did.

ya the no alcohol would still be the worst, at least then you can drink all your troubles away
not to mention a cold beer on a hot day.
or even though it makes you worse, a nice shot of vodka on a cold one to "warm" you up
Posted By: Raekwon Re: A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 11/02/06 06:26 AM
I agree with the no alcohol, that is the worst of the 3 choices.

You could always transfer up to northern Iraq Chez, it snows here!
Posted By: Chez Re: A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 11/02/06 09:39 AM
Yeah Raekwon, I wish I could get sent somewhere else for a bit, just to change it up. I was originally going to Cyprus, Lebanon when that whole thing started over there but that got canceled. For the most part it looks like im stuck here for the remainder, for some reason we arent sending any mechanics out on any of the dets.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: A cold day in the NorthWest.... - 11/03/06 01:12 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Heh, I kind of doubt ANY snow will fall here in Kuwait

Kuwait Val .. not Iraq ... pay attention! No more politico forum, so i guess i will need to beat you up a bit here.

On topic ... just look on the bright side, like we do here in New England ... first good frost = no more mosquitos, wasps, flies & other insect pests!
© The KGB Oracle