The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete What's up people! - 10/02/06 01:18 PM
So, after a LONG incognito I've stopped in to say hi! For those of you who know me, let me give you a little brief synopsis to my life the past year or so. I got married. lol. Ya, that's the joke. For those of you who are married, you know that's all I need to say to tell you how busy I've been. But for those of you who aren't hitched..I work 65 hours a week, take 16 hours of classes, I'm married, I have a 3 year old. How's that? Don't really know where to start since it's been such a long time talking to any of you. I basically banned myself from MMOs for a long time about the time I hit 60 3 months after the WoW release. I could see how it easily was going to become much more of a problem that Shadowbane was for me for years, so I stopped playing MMOs altogether.
I've decided to start playing another one, mainly because I played a little in beta. Archlord. It looks pretty decent, alot like Lineage 2. It has some bugs like all other MMOs, especially at release. The US version servers are up tomorrow and the game is already in stores (I acctually bought it without researching it and then found out it was still in beta, so I'm kinda looking forward to tomorrow since it's finally coming up for good.

Feel free to PM me or whatever, I'm going to try to be alot more active on here, at least check once a day or so, but it may be easier to get me by e-mail (johnston.gene@gmail.com).

It's be AWESOME if anyone I've ever played with is thinking about playing Archlord, it's basically completely PvP since it has a 99 level cap. lol.

I'll talk with Jetstar, but I'm hoping we might have a faction over there. I'd like to have a small group of KGBers ransacking the nublets who think they know how to PvP.

Raise ur mugs brother's...daddy's back in town!
Posted By: Binbs Re: What's up people! - 10/02/06 05:08 PM
hey hey Dunlop!

Been a long time since we sat in Teamspeak pvping in Shadowbane

Im not doing much gaming these days really. Altho every few months I really miss the good old days of SB baning/defending
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: What's up people! - 10/02/06 05:11 PM
No kidding, I've seriously thought about reactivating one of my 30 accounts in Shadowbane the last few weeks, but decided against it and picked up this other MMO. It's pretty easy but completely PVPcentered. I just replied to ur PM too Binbs. Im in class, so Im rly bored, lol.
Posted By: syev Re: What's up people! - 10/02/06 05:29 PM
to sum it up you didn't miss shit.
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: What's up people! - 10/02/06 05:32 PM
Maybe not, but u missed me Powha. Don't denny i sucka! U did. Anyone interested in spacking newbs in archlord w/ me?
Posted By: Daye Re: What's up people! - 10/02/06 05:38 PM
Long time no see Dunlop

ShadowBane has changed a LOT, especially with the last patch. However, it is unlikely to remain free for very long. Guessing they're letting folks play with the new material before they consider firing up the pay-to-play thing again.

The online world has a tendency to take up time that should otherwise be spent in reality. LOL

Nice to hear from you again anyway

-Daye
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: What's up people! - 10/02/06 05:41 PM
Wow Daye, ur still playing SB?...I looked in the forums for SB but didn't see ANY names i recognized...I guesed most of us went to WoW and a few stayed but now left. Nice to hear they at least still have some vets killing stuff. SO how about it?..I'm rolling an invis char in Archlord....that way Ican gank solo cause I refuse to team up with nubblets!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What's up people! - 10/02/06 09:52 PM
asdf
Posted By: Seaelf Re: What's up people! - 10/02/06 10:16 PM
hey dunlop, last i heard from you, you said your girlfriend was sick or something and then BAM you vanished, glad you are back !!!

/salute
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: What's up people! - 10/02/06 10:52 PM
Ya...that was along time ago...Now I'm married..lol. In any case, great to hear from you
Posted By: Garal Re: What's up people! - 10/03/06 12:28 AM
Welcome back!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What's up people! - 10/03/06 02:06 AM
chop choppers will be in full effect one day here soon
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: What's up people! - 10/03/06 02:27 AM
CHOP CHOP!....come play some archlord w me Ryu!
Posted By: Jonus Re: What's up people! - 10/03/06 03:06 AM
Sup Brotha!! Damn its been a while. Glad to see your doing alright. I've been whoring myself to a variety of online games since their really is nothing great going on atm. You didnt miss much after WoW. The majority of us quit playing after 6 months. Since then everyone has been split up doing their own games and all. I even went back to SB. I also played Archlord beta. I enjoyed the game up until they cut quests (like level 10ish) then I had to grind my way up from there. I'm assuming that release will have quests all the way through and if so, then I might get the game. Anyway, glad everything is going great. Talk to you soon brotha.
Posted By: hydr Re: What's up people! - 10/03/06 09:03 AM
zomg! dunlop is back! glad to hear from ya bro! havn't missed too much in your absence... grab a mug and pull up a chair!
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: What's up people! - 10/03/06 11:08 AM
hey man how's it going?
Posted By: Daye Re: What's up people! - 10/03/06 07:07 PM
Ya back playin SB for now

Did the WoW thing too for a bit. Have a 60 rogue and 60 priest on Archimonde still somewhere.

Hard to find the time to play nowdays with my current work schedule. I manage though

Glad to see you still around
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: What's up people! - 10/03/06 09:22 PM
Quote:

Sup Brotha!! Damn its been a while. Glad to see your doing alright. I've been whoring myself to a variety of online games since their really is nothing great going on atm. You didnt miss much after WoW. The majority of us quit playing after 6 months. Since then everyone has been split up doing their own games and all. I even went back to SB. I also played Archlord beta. I enjoyed the game up until they cut quests (like level 10ish) then I had to grind my way up from there. I'm assuming that release will have quests all the way through and if so, then I might get the game. Anyway, glad everything is going great. Talk to you soon brotha.

Ya, I played beta like the last month, the retail servers JUST went up this morning, so if u want in, ur not behind at all. In the 3 hours before i went to work, I hit level 11. And ya, there's quests all the way through...but too many quests really. Sometimes it's faster to grind, but the lvl cap got pushed to 99 and the exp doesn't really take that long. Like lvl 10-20 I average about 2-3 levels an hour, and of course it slopes down from there, but not as bad as some of the other games I've played.

I got up at 4 am this morning to get my names. I've been thinking along time of what to switch my Alias to and I got it this morning. Fate...hehe. Think about it.. "You just got killed/pawned/screwed/<u fill it in> by Fate."
So, hence the new sig and stuff. I'm on server Brumhart if u care to join me. Great seeing all of you...much love to the table. I'm going to stick around the forums whether anyone plays archlord or not, but I'd like to get some forums for the game even if we don't put a faction there.

I'm currently playing with some friends I met in beta and they told me anyone who wants to join for me to let them know...so as long as we don't have an official faction I'm hanging with them. So ANYWAYS..Im blabbering, but ya, gimme a ring, and thanks for the PMs on the server infos....

Elph...GIMME MEMBER ACCESS!....please =p
Posted By: Heidi Re: What's up people! - 10/03/06 10:13 PM
Elph is gone right now I'll see what I can do
Posted By: Seaelf Re: What's up people! - 10/03/06 10:25 PM
you too, almost started playing Archlord with you, cause I know you will find some people to wack on and would be fun, but I am kind of taking a break from heavy commitment mmos, am watching movies and playing some non-monthly fee games.
Posted By: Ken_Kamillion Re: What's up people! - 10/04/06 12:11 AM
Co creator of Chop choppers would like to say good to hear from u dunlop.

The other is tony the neck i have no idea where he is.
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: What's up people! - 10/04/06 02:09 PM
lol. Hiding from Fate I believe. lol
Posted By: Derid Re: What's up people! - 10/04/06 03:21 PM

cough*EVE*cough

Need pvp? Come play EVE ^_^
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: What's up people! - 10/04/06 05:57 PM
mmm, dunno what EVE is....but what's up derid!?..VERY long time no see bro.
Posted By: Valentein Re: What's up people! - 10/04/06 08:52 PM
I know we had our battles, but I defintely miss playing with you, bud. EVE Online is the place to be presently.

I hope all is well. Gratz on marriage and daughter, etc, etc.

I will drink a beer for you when I get home.

Posted By: Rhavin Re: What's up people! - 10/04/06 09:07 PM
Hey man long time no chat.

I always wondered what happend to ya now i know!

Marriage eh.. hope she likes playin games! lol

Avi and I are doin fine, still playin wow to pass the time until the next big thing comes out. We are expectin our first kid in December!

Good to hear from ya and stay in touch!

Posted By: Seaelf Re: What's up people! - 10/04/06 11:32 PM
hey Val are you playing EVE ?
Posted By: Derid Re: What's up people! - 10/05/06 12:35 AM

www.eve-online.com

Only mmo out with a real endgame, other than maybe SB. Except fewer bugs, more complex game, real working game economy etc. Its a "world-building game" not a "massivly multiplayer console co-op" game.

Best thing going atm.
Posted By: Valentein Re: What's up people! - 10/05/06 01:54 AM
Quote:

hey Val are you playing EVE ?

Yep. I decided that the 'train' offline was a cool feature. It's been a good game for my current lifestyle.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: What's up people! - 10/07/06 08:03 PM
Well well well...look what the cat dragged in.

Welcome home Brotha!
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: What's up people! - 10/10/06 11:45 PM
Quote:

Well well well...look what the cat dragged in.

Welcome home Brotha!

Ha...Ha...Ha.. WHAT'S UP ROMEOZ!?

Ya Rhavin, married life is great, although she's not really into MMOs or anything, so it's been a little......tough? I guess that puts it lightly.

In the past week or so, Jonus and I have been really pounding Archlord, it's pretty fun, the endgame looks promising, but I guess we'll see. I might have to check eve out Derid, it sounds like alot of fun.

To the rest of you, it's GREAT to hear from all of you, missed ya all lots!

Anyone who wants to come hang out in Archlord, gimme a PM or email me at johnston.gene@gmail.com and I'll give you the vent server Jonus and I are using. We're currently witha couple other guys, I think there's 9 of us total and all about level 25ish (it's a 99 cap, but the curve is currently about lvl 20 since the game has only been out for like a week in retail). Anyways, holla back at me hoez
Posted By: Ken_Kamillion Re: What's up people! - 10/12/06 12:53 AM
look what the cat dragged out. Dont let that fool u dunlop that sob romeo is mia for the passed 2 months. Romeo u and garcia come play gw with me and josh and syev.
Posted By: Raekwon Re: What's up people! - 10/12/06 01:25 PM
Romeo and Garcia are replenishing their pot and liquore reserves in their apartment. After I worked them like dogs in WoW, forcing them to play even during its beta (LOL remember trying to get the Raptor mounts guys? I think Romeo actually got it, bastard!) anyway, they ran out so now they need a few months to resupply for Darkfall.
Posted By: Seaelf Re: What's up people! - 10/12/06 10:47 PM
hey dunlop welcome back !!
Posted By: syev Re: What's up people! - 10/13/06 02:40 PM
rofl ... romeo posting is more suprising then dunlop returning imo.. its gotten that bad get in vent romeo we are playing guildwars. If you remember the oldschool days when we had the unstopable crew, we so owned guildwars. Well I would like to see you and G play with us.
© The KGB Oracle