The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Anonymous sound issue fixed - 06/16/09 04:43 PM
I am not sure if anyone has the same problem as I.

When AV made an update to the sound, to help sieges, my sound completely collapsed. I tried everything possible, including disabling the sound card starting the game and enabling it again, NOTHING worked.

Anyway, it appears Vista had an update around the same time. I believe the sound problem has nothing to do with AV but windows itself. I think this because there was another Vista update 2 nights ago which messed up all my resolutions and the game just did not look or run great.

So I got fed up and did a system restore to 5-03. It’s absolutely wonderful... everything looks better, runs better and I have sweet SWEET sound. I can finally resource gather and PVP with confidence again.

I am not recommending this fix... I am just stating what worked for me. Tonight I am going to partition some of my hardrive and try windows 7... I have been told it’s FAR better.

I hope this helps anyone with sound problems.
Posted By: Ithkrul Re: sound issue fixed - 06/16/09 05:59 PM
Make sure when you do windows updates that you NEVER use their drivers for audio and video. Use the MFG drivers.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: sound issue fixed - 06/16/09 06:31 PM
that couldve been the problem... I had them DL and install automatically. Thanks for the heads up.
© The KGB Oracle