The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Vasdef Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/20/09 09:07 PM
I sketched my avatar. it's actually part of a larger pic, but I'd gladly do something for the guild if it helped get a little status thrown my way..heheh.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/20/09 09:49 PM
Nice! I will keep you in mind.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/21/09 03:22 PM
post up some of your work
Posted By: Vasdef Re: Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/23/09 01:06 AM

Here's a lil' sampler.
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/23/09 03:25 AM
That's Hott....

I'll allow you to make me a new sig since Heidi has been working on it for about 18 months now.....hehe
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/23/09 10:43 AM
very cool
Posted By: Vasdef Re: Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/24/09 01:09 AM
Originally Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete
That's Hott....

I'll allow you to make me a new sig since Heidi has been working on it for about 18 months now.....hehe

What did you have in mind? Anything in particular?
Posted By: Arkh Re: Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/25/09 01:22 PM
Have you any deviant art gallery ?
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/25/09 02:15 PM
Please forgive me if I am a bit crude, but the "Alien-Demon" guy is pretty cool looking.
Posted By: Lock Re: Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/25/09 06:05 PM
Vasdef, look into Artists like Chet Zar or Geiger if you don't know about them already. The sketch in the top right of that picture kind of reminds me of a few pieces they've done.
Posted By: Vasdef Re: Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/26/09 06:11 AM
"Alien-Demon" and the Comment about the 2 artists. I'm familiar w/ their work...

The page I uploaded before is a kind of "quick -sketch" collection of some stuff I doodled w/ a bic pen on some cafe white paper take out bags. like a may have mentioned...I have tons.

They are representing some ides I toyed with for BIO/Organic armored characters for a series of stories I am writing.

The living armor would have an intelligence of its own on par with a household pet and genetically imprinted so that only one person could wear it.

I always thought that it would have been great for a pvp mmo actually.

As for the comparisons. I'm flattered for the compliment?

Chet's (and Geiger's )work is a bit more macabre than what I draw, but I would list Geiger's early work in the 70's as an early influence. I've been drawing for a really long time. wink

Here's another early sketch of the bio-armor stuff:

Posted By: Drakiis Re: Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/26/09 06:20 AM
Are you into Japanimation? If so check out Guyver, the story is based off of a Bio suit, a very old series but still cool, with some great old school animation
Posted By: Vasdef Re: Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/26/09 06:47 AM
I am also familiar with Guyver...hehe.
Another influence on this work was Gamesworkshop Designer (WarHammer.WH40k, Eldar in particular) Jes Goodwin.

I love his sketching style.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Did I mention I was an artist? - 04/26/09 06:48 AM
Raven Guard ftw
© The KGB Oracle