The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Hobbitlauncher Hail old and new friends! - 03/31/09 01:41 PM
wow, the new forum layout confuses the hell out of me!

anyway, I'm an old member from the release days of DAOC. But WoW and my xbox have left me a bit bored, I've been interested in darkfall for a LOOONG time but never got a beta invite, anybopdy know if theres a demo/trial? I'm a bit leery of the game after watching the videos and such and would love to give it a try before buying it, I also miss all my old KGBers and I want to start chargin' mah fireball!
Posted By: nethervoid Re: Hail old and new friends! - 03/31/09 02:27 PM
There's no demo. Hell you're lucky if you get a copy at all. heh They're releasing accounts gradually, so they can prep new infrastructure as they gather new players.

The store opens daily, and stays open for roughly 15 minutes before all the day's allotted accounts are bought up.
Posted By: Hobbitlauncher Re: Hail old and new friends! - 03/31/09 02:33 PM
at what time?

correction: i see that the store opens in 33 minutes, im making an account right now and seeing if i cant grab it

it better not suck or i will be greatly saddened =(
Posted By: nethervoid Re: Hail old and new friends! - 03/31/09 02:40 PM
Good luck! I'm loving it, although I've only been playing for a day, so still in honeymoon phase. lol
Posted By: Hobbitlauncher Re: Hail old and new friends! - 03/31/09 02:59 PM
I see Jetstar is still an active old bast***, but i dont see too many other familiar names! =( I want one of those nifty "returning veteran" statuses too lol

oracle newbie makes me feel like a tool

and so far my work hasnt happened here at work, jus tpatiently refreshign the darkfall screen
Posted By: Hobbitlauncher Re: Hail old and new friends! - 03/31/09 03:11 PM
update. I'VE GOT IT!

damn my ninja skills are still at peak performance. I work until 3:30 pm central today then i will try to do the download, but wont be able to play much until after Dungeons and Dragons tonight =(
Posted By: nethervoid Re: Hail old and new friends! - 03/31/09 03:16 PM
Grats man! =D

As far as getting in, I'm thinking you'll have to re-apply as a returning vet. I'm not too up to speed on the whole application process. Sorry man.

Jet is very active. A lot of old vets are active as well as coming back to play Darkfall. We've all been waiting a long time for this game. lol
Posted By: Hobbitlauncher Re: Hail old and new friends! - 03/31/09 03:23 PM
yeah, ive been watching the beta since like day 1 but the devs give me no love even with a degree in game design and about 40 betas under my belt =( sad times

where do i do all this application shenanigans? the website is SOOOO messed up compared to what im used to
Posted By: JetStar Re: Hail old and new friends! - 03/31/09 06:26 PM
he still has full member access, so no membership application is necessary.

If you keep your Oracle account active, and do not resign, then you dont have to deal with the returning Veteran process.
© The KGB Oracle