The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Vyse What's in a name... - 02/09/09 10:16 PM
Okay so I know I am going to be Vyse but you have to have a last name and I am stumped as to what it should be so....suggestions?

Supposedly the history of this character says his last name is Inglebard. I am not a big fan of that.

Or have we decided that everyones last name will be KGB? (I still like that idea but that is because I am not attached to a name)
Posted By: Seaelf Re: What's in a name... - 02/09/09 11:03 PM
I was thinking the same thing...
Any suggestions?
Posted By: Bardaji Re: What's in a name... - 02/09/09 11:06 PM
We haven't required a surname if ya have one you've used I say go for it! Otherwise, deKGB would suit just fine.
Posted By: Vyse Re: What's in a name... - 02/09/09 11:55 PM
A friend suggested Soulmender for healers, Soulslayer for tanks, etc.

Having the same names matching our main skill base could be helpful in tactics. Not very realistic though since lots of us will change our play styles etc.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: What's in a name... - 02/10/09 12:17 AM
Quote:

Having the same names matching our main skill base could be helpful in tactics. Not very realistic though since lots of us will change our play styles etc.

I plan on turning names off if possible and leaving just Clan tags on. Less to render, and less to sort out during fast paced action.
Posted By: Bardaji Re: What's in a name... - 02/10/09 12:23 AM
My in-game name is Bardaji Skada...bastardized version of Battle Damage in Old Norse so I suppose I'm living what you're saying Vyse!
Posted By: rhaikh Re: What's in a name... - 02/10/09 01:15 AM
You have to have a last name? Damn.

Johnson?
Posted By: JetStar Re: What's in a name... - 02/10/09 01:46 AM
many of us use deKGB or de KGB when it allows.
Posted By: Slinger Re: What's in a name... - 02/10/09 02:34 AM
Long or complicated last names = bad!
Posted By: Elph Re: What's in a name... - 02/10/09 04:53 AM
I never understood why people put KGB as their last name. LOL I know it had a trend through the years, but I always thought it was kind of dumb. Obviously you are in KGB so you are of KGB as your guild tag states, but to say like Jetstar De KGB and have KGB under the name for guild tag has always seemed redundant to me...

I would have no clue on a last name as the Char Elph has never had a last name in anygame. Maybe at release it will be something that they will not require.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: What's in a name... - 02/10/09 12:33 PM
Elph from Melph
Elph Smelph
Elph Phin
Bad Elph
Naughty Elph
Nymph Elph
Frolicking Elph
Elph Longstockings
Elph nostockings
Elph Nopanties
Elph Actionfigure
Elph Barbie
Elph Impaler
Elph Killer
Elph Lover
Elph Brothel
Elph Bordello
Elph ThePrim
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: What's in a name... - 02/10/09 02:50 PM
Quote:

Elph from Melph
Elph Smelph
Elph Phin
Bad Elph
Naughty Elph
Nymph Elph
Frolicking Elph
Elph Longstockings
Elph nostockings
Elph Nopanties
Elph Actionfigure
Elph Barbie
Elph Impaler
Elph Killer
Elph Lover
Elph Brothel
Elph Bordello
Elph ThePrim

When did you come across all this new free time, Crim! lol
Posted By: Crimthan Re: What's in a name... - 02/10/09 04:16 PM
Took me <2 minutes while I was eating my bowl of cereal early this morning. That kind of thing takes no time at all. Been studying my ass off the last 5 days for our first test at Aerospace Basic Course and it felt good to take the <2 min to throw some names at Elph. =P

Oh yah, and passed the first test today. I hate these styles of tests.
Posted By: JetStar Re: What's in a name... - 02/10/09 06:39 PM
Quote:

I never understood why people put KGB as their last name. LOL I know it had a trend through the years, but I always thought it was kind of dumb. Obviously you are in KGB so you are of KGB as your guild tag states, but to say like Jetstar De KGB and have KGB under the name for guild tag has always seemed redundant to me...

I would have no clue on a last name as the Char Elph has never had a last name in anygame. Maybe at release it will be something that they will not require.

For me it is a statement of commitment. When you have KGB in your name, it makes it hard to quit and join another guild. Its like getting a tattoo of your girlfriends name on your arm.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: What's in a name... - 02/10/09 06:59 PM
Elph Montague!

*locks Kalypso up in his closet*
Posted By: Vyse Re: What's in a name... - 02/10/09 07:55 PM
Quote:

For me it is a statement of commitment. When you have KGB in your name, it makes it hard to quit and join another guild. Its like getting a tattoo of your girlfriends name on your arm.

Design a cool enough logo and I will tattoo it on my ass in exchange for a beta slot
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: What's in a name... - 02/10/09 08:58 PM
Quote:

I plan on turning names off if possible and leaving just Clan tags on. Less to render, and less to sort out during fast paced action.

The game doesn't have floating names or guild tages.
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: What's in a name... - 02/13/09 08:02 PM
Quote:

Quote:

The game doesn't have floating names or guild tages.

Aye. Beat me to it.

It does however use names and guild names when rolled over.
Posted By: Elph Re: What's in a name... - 02/19/09 03:56 AM
LOL Romeo! Do you use faecbook romeo??

LOL Crim, very creative, since I am not playing I do not have to worry about that.

I guess I can see what you are saying Jet but there are many ways to show your commitment to KGB and De KGB is kinda De Dumb lol
Posted By: Crimthan Re: What's in a name... - 02/19/09 04:12 AM
OMFG, you play Warhammer but not DFO? WTF over?
Posted By: JetStar Re: What's in a name... - 02/19/09 07:22 AM
Quote:

LOL Romeo! Do you use faecbook romeo??

LOL Crim, very creative, since I am not playing I do not have to worry about that.

I guess I can see what you are saying Jet but there are many ways to show your commitment to KGB and De KGB is kinda De Dumb lol

To each, his (or her) own.
Posted By: Valen Re: What's in a name... - 02/19/09 08:30 AM
In assume de KGB is a bit of a throw back to "of KGB" which served as a form of guild tag in early UO days before the guildstone. Less dumb, more functional.

Like most things with time function becomes fashion - now its just damn cool. Although I'll admit being partial to "of" rather then "de" but thats more due to my fondness of some of my alternate Siege and Pacific characters.
Posted By: Elph Re: What's in a name... - 02/20/09 04:16 AM
Quote:

OMFG, you play Warhammer but not DFO? WTF over?

Crim I never had plans to play Darkfall. Initially yes until I looked more into it and decided I wouldn't enjoy playing in fps mode as a caster then I just lost interest and never really cared lol.

I haven't played Warhammer in about 3 mos. Mostly School and a little bit of lotro on the side.

Valen de = of de is a spanish form of , of. And ya i know it goes back to the KGB days, like Jet said though to each its own and I always thought it was kinda dumb, but a lot of other people don't and enjoy wearing the tag
Posted By: Valen Re: What's in a name... - 02/20/09 01:51 PM
Quote:

Valen de = of de is a spanish form of , of. And ya i know it goes back to the KGB days, like Jet said though to each its own and I always thought it was kinda dumb, but a lot of other people don't and enjoy wearing the tag

I honestly had no idea regarding the spanish part - makes so much more sense now.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: What's in a name... - 02/20/09 02:51 PM
Quote:

In assume de KGB is a bit of a throw back to "of KGB" which served as a form of guild tag in early UO days before the guildstone. Less dumb, more functional.

Like most things with time function becomes fashion - now its just damn cool. Although I'll admit being partial to "of" rather then "de" but thats more due to my fondness of some of my alternate Siege and Pacific characters.

Holy s****, the world is about to end, hell has frozen over and pigs are flying out of my rear......

I agree with Valen.
Posted By: Tuskil Re: What's in a name... - 02/20/09 10:01 PM
I'm going with Valthanor as my surname
Posted By: Crimthan Re: What's in a name... - 02/21/09 02:37 AM
why not Valthanor of Valhaven?
Posted By: Tuskil Re: What's in a name... - 02/21/09 02:38 AM
Hell yeah.
© The KGB Oracle