The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Bardaji New Video! - 11/26/08 07:09 PM
P.S. -- Can we *please* consider using some other kind of forum software (VBulletin 4example!)?? Video embedding is a feature included even on the free forum software now!

Teh Vid
Posted By: JetStar Re: New Video! - 11/26/08 08:06 PM
:-( I know, I know. I have just had such bad luck with change. Maybe its time to take a serious look.

I will check it out on their site.
Posted By: Viper Re: New Video! - 11/26/08 10:06 PM
Better then nothing I guess..

Just make a test site to work on from time to time Jet. You can do it!!!
Posted By: Bardaji Re: New Video! - 11/26/08 11:26 PM
Nothing to lose either Jet, license already donated if you recall!!
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: New Video! - 11/27/08 12:00 AM
I'll donate every dime in my pocket for it....Oh ya....that's not alot eh?

FINE! I'm posting tons of external links from now on for NO apparent reason!

J/K.
Posted By: Falx Re: New Video! - 11/27/08 01:41 AM
Video makes me want to play, but also the run animation seems a bit off~ Im sure its not polished. Im just ready to play~
Posted By: Elph Re: New Video! - 11/27/08 03:48 AM
Jet it won't be bad if you have someone who knows what they are doing with the forums and aren't going to ditch out on you and disappear for 4 years.
Posted By: Syloc Re: New Video! - 11/27/08 01:55 PM
How often do you really need video though? The think works just fine.

As much as I want to believe this is the second coming of UO and Shadowbane, i'll reserve my judgement until they start stress testing their servers. *prays*
Posted By: Bardaji Re: New Video! - 11/27/08 05:52 PM
Oh, it's not just video we'd gain from upgrading to a modern forum package...so...much...more! As for the 2nd coming of past PvP games..I'm consciously committed to NOT comparing DFO to such. I'm going to take it for what it is, one of the last attempts to fully cater to the PvP focused MMOGing community. It'll be it's own thing but hopefully they borrowed/expanded enough on successful features of games past to make it work!
Posted By: Arginal Re: New Video! - 11/27/08 10:32 PM
I am wondering if you need to convert it over Jet? Why not just transfer the few active topics by hand or whatever and then leave this board up as read-only for historical reference.

Phasing out something doesn't have to be a bang boom shizam it can be a gradual change.

With a bit of help from a few admins all the users could be converted over and people setup their preferences again manualy. *Work you dogs work!*
Posted By: Bardaji Re: New Video! - 11/27/08 11:57 PM
I know Vbulletin has a conversion script that will convert the entire database no problem...Probably a HUGE database but...
Posted By: Crimthan Re: New Video! - 11/28/08 03:22 PM
Quote:

Oh, it's not just video we'd gain from upgrading to a modern forum package...so...much...more! As for the 2nd coming of past PvP games..I'm consciously committed to NOT comparing DFO to such. I'm going to take it for what it is, one of the last attempts to fully cater to the PvP focused MMOGing community.

Yup, it's one of the last attempts, but not THE last attempt. Mortal Online boasts a similar promise, if DFO fails. It boasts a full, open PVP (NO pvp/pve zones) world where you can create your own home, guild, guild city, etc. Mortal Online is also skill-based, not class based, with a variety of races.

NO I'm not using this to sway people from Darkfall - I'm dying for DFO as well. But it's always great to have an exit strategy, should your current hope fail.
Posted By: Bardaji Re: New Video! - 11/28/08 03:52 PM
Yes grasshopper...I said that with Mortal in mind. I always choose my words carefully, except when I don't I wonder though, if DFO fails to attract and hold it's intended player base, will Mortal be abandoned?

Whether DFO be amazing or uninspiring, I think we all need have a vested interest in seeing DFO succeed be it for nothing else other than to let developers/publishers see there *is* a market for this genre of gaming.
© The KGB Oracle