The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Helemoto WarCry #11 - 07/19/07 10:05 PM
http://df.warcry.com/news/view/75060-Developer-Journal-11-Aerdin-Cat-Gameplay-Video
Posted By: Crimthan Re: WarCry #11 - 07/19/07 10:58 PM
Pretty good animations. But man, they really need to get rid of the orange + purple overtones in everything from the foreground to the background. The world has looked like that for years. Really makes for an ugly world.
Posted By: Raekwon Re: WarCry #11 - 07/20/07 01:04 PM
I'm a die hard fan - I'm also bluntly honest in my opinions...

Sadly it was simply what I expect from MMO's currently. It doesn't go above and beyond though. It is however eye candy enough to not cause me to dislike the game like the graphics on Shadowbane did.

But I'm a MMO vet, content is my real concern and so I rest easy knowing DF's content will make the game an overall excellent game at a play all night/addiction sense... something WoW achieved as well but DF I expect to do it without taking the easy road of creating level and gear treadmills. Getting players addicted without those treadmills can be done but it's harder; DF can do it though.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: WarCry #11 - 07/20/07 02:34 PM
I'm sure I'm a "gamer in the minority" but it's easier to get me addicted when there ISN'T a treadmill. I'm also a veteran MMO gamer since UO, like most of KGB, and other long-time gaming guilds. I'm just looking for that endorphin/adrenaline rush from decapitating heads with blades and wreaking havoc on the battlefield.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: WarCry #11 - 07/20/07 05:27 PM
"I'm just looking for that endorphin/adrenaline rush from decapitating heads with blades and wreaking havoc on the battlefield"

YES
Posted By: Lenny Re: WarCry #11 - 07/21/07 06:24 AM
I dont understand why everyone says that they were turned of by SB's graphics. IMO, there is no better rush than when you defend a city, or destroy someones hard work. SB was not eye candy, but i believe that if you are into gay ass shit as in WOW, this probably won't be the game for you.

EYE CANDY is just that, good for the eye. FUCK wow, that was probably the worst experience of my life. Who knows, i have heard a lot of guys go back and play and join with different guilds, and say that it is not that bad of a game, but i have such a bullshit sour taste in my mouth from that whole experience, i cant stand to hear people talk about it.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: WarCry #11 - 07/21/07 06:28 AM
From what I hear now, Blizzard figured out where they fucked up and the game is ten times better because gear is so much more easy to get, and can be gotten through PVP alone. And not 12 hour a day, mindless grinds, either.

A real pity this happened within the last 6 months, cause if it would have been like that at the beginning, I'd still be playing - for lack of something better to do.
Posted By: Slinger Re: WarCry #11 - 07/21/07 06:07 PM
Quote:

I dont understand why everyone says that they were turned of by SB's graphics. IMO, there is no better rush than when you defend a city, or destroy someones hard work. SB was not eye candy, but i believe that if you are into gay ass shit as in WOW, this probably won't be the game for you.

EYE CANDY is just that, good for the eye. FUCK wow, that was probably the worst experience of my life. Who knows, i have heard a lot of guys go back and play and join with different guilds, and say that it is not that bad of a game, but i have such a bullshit sour taste in my mouth from that whole experience, i cant stand to hear people talk about it.

<3

exactly

(a few of us still play SB, btw)
Posted By: Helemoto Re: WarCry #11 - 07/22/07 03:37 AM
Son of a motherless goat What server are you playing on?
Posted By: Slinger Re: WarCry #11 - 07/22/07 03:41 AM
We're playing on Wrath with Welshie and Sweetleaf under Paranoid tags, subbed under -X-.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: WarCry #11 - 07/22/07 03:52 AM
Figures Thats the only server I dont have crap in inventory.
Posted By: Garal Re: WarCry #11 - 07/23/07 05:51 PM
Quote:

We're playing on Wrath with Welshie and Sweetleaf under Paranoid tags, subbed under -X-.

Haha you went back again Sling? :P
Posted By: Derid Re: WarCry #11 - 07/23/07 06:00 PM

Masochists =(
© The KGB Oracle