The KGB Oracle
Posted By: EhWoL DFO free weekend! - 11/05/11 04:20 AM
DFO Free Weekend

In 2 weeks DFO will offer a free weekend where ALL unsubbed accounts will be resubbed and the game will offer raised skill ups and epic loot. Check it out!
Posted By: Vuldan Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/05/11 10:37 PM
2 Little, 2 Late and still crap at the grind and balance level bro. They could offer me a free year and I would not come back to the CURRENT game.

*sides...Grizo gutted my accounts when I sold em to her..LOL*
Posted By: Ictinike Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/05/11 11:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan

Sold? I didn't get any mortgage payment that I can remember.. lol wink
Posted By: Valaria Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/06/11 12:30 PM
I just dont have time.. and the weekend that is planned is a holiday weekend isnt it???? We wont be home much that weekend.
Posted By: Salohcin Dragon Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/06/11 05:03 PM
2 Little, 2 Late and still crap at the grind and balance level bro. They could offer me a free year and I would not come back to the CURRENT game.

Agreed & it really is to bad, I thought DFO was the patch in the sinking FFA loot MMORPG. We need Shadowbane 2 with WASD movement. It bumed me out when I learned DF didn't have a city system like SB, that would have added alot to the game. Then there is Mortal Online, but everyone seems to hate it, I did hear about bad bugs, but that was a while ago.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/07/11 01:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Ictinike

??? Now why would you have gotten a mortgage payment from my accounts? I did not sell the house on ashatan, than I dontated..LOL..to KGB.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/07/11 02:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Ictinike

??? Now why would you have gotten a mortgage payment from my accounts? I did not sell the house on ashatan, than I dontated..LOL..to KGB.

ha! just bustin balls.. That was something I can honestly say I never did find in DF was a deed of any type.. Hundreds of those fucking chests only to get god damn fish.. PoS game devs! >:|
Posted By: EhWoL Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/07/11 05:58 AM
If some of you don't enjoy the game then I understand...we are all individuals with our own likes and dislikes.

Anyone wanting to get on I will update as more info comes.

Anyone never wanting to play again that also didn't clean out thier banks would be welcomed to log on and distribute thier stuff among the KGB members still playing an having fun(Critter excluded,lol)
Posted By: Mithus Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/07/11 07:12 AM
people forgot, for me and I believe to others too, dfo was the game in the last 10 years that gave me thrill of playing, the small victories over so many defeats, smile emotions of big battles.

That's is the reason which I still thinking on playing it again, so I'm going to sell my assets for gold and use when I come back to play if it's possible(no wipe).
Posted By: Vuldan Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/07/11 03:08 PM
Don't get me wrong, DFO was the ONLY thing that has come close to UO, EVER. It is and continues to be almost all we looked for, but the grind, after two years and still not even be finished, was ridiculous, and so many of the glitches and crap that just made it unbearable. That was what drove me out..and keeps me out.

So..if they re-did it, changed the city building to more SB type in that you could build where you wished , AND WIPED (Sorry Mithus)..along with lessened grind, I would give it another shot.
Posted By: Salohcin Dragon Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/08/11 02:46 PM
Quote:

So..if they re-did it, changed the city building to more SB type in that you could build where you wished

When thinking about the total freedom in other parts of DF, I have to wonder why the city part was so restrictive. Man, a SB type system in DF, that would add a LOT to the game.
Posted By: Raiden MarkIV Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/08/11 05:06 PM
Yeah I was in a similar boat, the grind killed me. But not in the sense that I didn't enjoy the grind, more so that I had more important things to attend to like school. With all the time I have to devote to school these days, keeping up with the grind became impossible for me and I slowly fell behind the pack. So at that point I found myself leaving my character online running macros while I studied and eventually came to the decision that I might as well stop playing since a computer was essentially playing for me.

So next best thing for me is EVE the skill grind is passive so falling behind doesn't happen and the community we had in DF could be replicated there fairly easy with how the game is set up with corporate owned stations and territory wars.

Darkfall was great how it was in my opinion, I just wasn't great for Darkfall at this current point in my life.
Posted By: JetStar Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/08/11 09:38 PM
The Grind has changes substantially.
Posted By: EhWoL Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/08/11 11:00 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar
The Grind has changes substantially.

True, also what is needed to be pvp viable has changed(lessoned imo).

More or complete freedom for city building would have been nice but in no way would be game maker or breaker for anyone(not in anyway I can see) They have redone all the NPC and player cities for 2.0 so doubtful to come anyway.

I don't see them wiping and if they did many may come back but they would leave again shortly after for whatever reason they left originally. Sure everyone would start at the same level but unless they made it take a month to max out(terrible idea) then those with the time would surpass you once again and you would be doing yourself a diservice compared to the level your charactor is now vs the server average without a wipe.

DFO is a hardcore niche game, there is nothing else out there like it. It is not for everyone or even most, but they shouldn't make any major changes to the game as is, only continue to fix bugs, keep balancing to create diversity and release more expansions/input more activities. Oh and advertise!
Posted By: Ifantis Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/11/11 01:37 AM
Mortal isnt that bad you just need to put it in perspective of what darkfall did and what mortal are doing instead of waiting 10 years to come out with a game that is almost complete they released it half empty to get subs and are using that money to hire people and add stuff as they go but im seeing alot of people merging to mortal from darkfall I enjoy it for the most part as they are using ideas from players to push forward with the game too but the best part is there is almost no grind at all. which is nice for me since ive been working alot lately
Posted By: Salohcin Dragon Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/11/11 03:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Ifantis
Mortal isnt that bad you just need to put it in perspective of what darkfall did and what mortal are doing instead of waiting 10 years to come out with a game that is almost complete they released it half empty to get subs and are using that money to hire people and add stuff as they go but im seeing alot of people merging to mortal from darkfall I enjoy it for the most part as they are using ideas from players to push forward with the game too but the best part is there is almost no grind at all. which is nice for me since ive been working alot lately

Any recent reviews anywhere, if it is like DFO, I would think KGB would be totaly into it.
Posted By: Mithus Re: DFO free weekend! - 11/11/11 05:43 PM
Darkfall next patch: House owners can share their house safe with tenants.
© The KGB Oracle