The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar Andruk PVP Video featuring some KGBers - 03/19/10 09:03 PM

Thanks to KGB Champion Fairamay for finding this one.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Andruk PVP Video featuring some KGBers - 03/20/10 05:03 AM
well if there is one place KGB knows and defends aggressively better then anyone else I would say it was Andruk, some may disagree with me and cite other places, but pound for pound I think we fight harder for Andruk then any other patch of dirt, and Andruk is more our rightful place then any other in Darkfall due to the amount of KGB blood that was shed for that place and all we know of that terrain. If you come to Andruk when we are there I guarantee you a bloody fight.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Andruk PVP Video featuring some KGBers - 03/20/10 05:45 AM
Some could argue Khoshgar, but I never felt that Khoshgar was a very good location, and there might be better locations then Andruk but we always seem to find our way back in that area.
Posted By: Mithus Re: Andruk PVP Video featuring some KGBers - 03/21/10 10:39 PM
I still want to see an true organized pvp group.. the people that call themselves top pvpers of darfall still playing like fighting alone to me..

I dont see any video combats that show a combat formation.. What I saw is chaos, and people get backshots and running at random when it comes to group pvp..
Posted By: Syloc Re: Andruk PVP Video featuring some KGBers - 03/22/10 12:07 AM
First thing First Mithus, organization comes from the right mentality - you have to walk before you run.
Posted By: Mithus Re: Andruk PVP Video featuring some KGBers - 03/22/10 12:20 AM
im not refering to kgb, im refering to blackshields,SF,turtles etcs.. what I see from theirs video is nothing but chaos on battle and random action/decision taken, and a bit of healing and retreat, but nothing more. smile
Posted By: Syloc Re: Andruk PVP Video featuring some KGBers - 03/23/10 01:02 AM
Well I can't say for all the guilds, because I just don't know; but I know for a fact some of them are organized in some fashion - but more like in a fluid motion rather than stagnant formations and whatnot.

Bottom line is, combat in Darkfall is so rapid and fast it's impossible to do complex manuvers. However, what is possible, is crosshealing, focus fire, and baiting tactics.

If you notice in some of the videos, some of the members will fire on meleers that are chasing their own teammates. (There's this one video that the guy fireballs a destoryer that was following his teammate, allowing him to get distance and heal) Also, you'll notice that the destroyers always go in first.

On the better videos, you'll notice some guilds train their guys to crossheal at every lull moment in battle - even if they are at 90%. Also, there's a level of trust in some of these videos - that some members make judgement calls, and the better the group, the more people are willing to run and heal, trusting that their teammates can occupy the enemy long enough for them to get to full.

There's a lot of nuances that people don't realize are going on, but there is some level of organization.

Oh, and i've watched all the videos on youtube and wegame. KGB's in a couple of them.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Andruk PVP Video featuring some KGBers - 03/23/10 04:52 AM
I am not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, so I will simply say that I am sure it's obvious but just to highlight it further most "other guilds" whether they be considered good pvp'ers or not operate in small groups of tight knit players, think of the organization more like a Navy SEAL team, or delta special forces. They play along side these people often and go out on raids together, seeking targets of opportunity, playing hide and seek games, trying to lure people into a ambush, they are opportunists and if you chase them you're playing right into their hands. They'll show you one or two people and keep the rest back healing and buffing, once initial contact is made with sizable retaliation, then the rest of the team comes out to fight. So as far as actual formations, I am doubting you will ever actually see that unless game design produces bonuses for doing so, you might see formations in close quarter fighting done inside a city fortification, however I feel this style becomes far too predictable, and is not viable in Darkfall's wild wild west approach to pvp.
Posted By: Syloc Re: Andruk PVP Video featuring some KGBers - 03/24/10 03:33 AM
Formations are too complicated, and people use the "They just baited us" excuse way too much.

To be blunt, there will always be someone who is better than you, and yes they are more organized and us.

Nothing wrong with that btw, we just gotta work harder to be better.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Andruk PVP Video featuring some KGBers - 03/24/10 04:16 AM
Hey baiting works...
© The KGB Oracle