The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Ictinike The Man in Black.. - 11/09/11 05:20 PM
Powerful..

Posted By: Tasorin Re: The Man in Black.. - 11/09/11 05:28 PM
This is a great remake of really good song by Nine Inch Nails. It really fit the man in black, considering he struggled most of his life with personal demons, addiction, and swallowed emotions.

Like most of the men my age, our fathers told us to "Not Cry" and "Swallow those Emotions" and "put that in your hurt locker, and lock it away." That is the way they grew up, this is the reality they taught us, and I think our generation might finally be breaking down the wall that doesn't allow "real men" to admit they hurt inside.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: The Man in Black.. - 11/09/11 05:48 PM
Amen Tas.. completely agree..

I'm in that age, as well you and others, where it was still preached as a man you bury it inside and I know as a father myself I'm trying to break those ways with my boys..

Trent did it very well and this rendition is just haunting.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: The Man in Black.. - 11/09/11 09:27 PM
Outstanding! I agree with both of you about our fathers and grandfathers, and how they taught us, but with the kids I've seen these days it seems the pendulum has swung 180 degrees in the other direction and boys never become men. They grow up to become a watered down version of what a man should be.
© The KGB Oracle