The KGB Oracle
Thought I'd say a quick 'Hello' and 'Thanks' for the raid invite the other day!

I'm relatively new to the game (I've seen it many times, but only started playing a few weeks back), but I think I'm hooked.

I had a great time and even got to heal some people (OK, truly Kbia and others had it all under control, but my whopping 457 healing power got a workout during morpheus, helping keep some folks alive) ...

The best part was not just getting to practice some healing, but also seeing how organized the raid was - and the opportunity to see and do things I'd not be able to otherwise.

FYI - My cousin (Garrett from TheOlderGamers) gave me this account a few weeks ago to try the game with, so like I said - I'm fairly new, even though I've got this level 55 (in all skill trees) toon. I've also got an alt (Lv25 or so now) that I'm leveling through the storyline for a little more experience. I went Abolisher with the alt, but I'm playing around with different skills trees/styles for some versatility and fun.

So far I love it all. Garrett is actually looking at getting out of the game - so between his son and myself, we'll likely end up splitting his stuff. Having land, housing, etc. to use already is a real bonus :)

Looking forward to spending some more time with y'all and would love to earn a guild invite! Thanks again!

- Erinaya (Lv55 Cleric)
- Cheesetoast (Lv25 Abolisher)
I enjoyed chatting with you in Teamspeak very much. You come across as a very cheerful and humorous fellow. Would like to play with you again.
Hey thanks, DoomTurtle!

Still really enjoying the game. I've been absent a couple weeks due to some overtime at work followed by some much-needed vacation ...

Still very interested. Most of your guys are great and helpful.

Is there any place I could get some tips/advice in the forums?

I've attended a couple CR raids now, but recently got kicked from one and purpled on by a KGB member (no worries, I'm not salty) - I can't see for the life of me what I did wrong to cause it (nor could some other raid members) so I'm trying to learn more about whatever it was.

I did try messaging the raid leader (Hideif) and the guy that purpled but they went offline right after the raid, so I can't get any help in figuring out what the issue was...

Like I said, Not salty and not calling anyone out, just wanting to learn. If either of you guys read this, lemme know, thanks! :)

Love the game, but it's hard learning if there's no communication :)
do you remember the person who killed you?
Pretty sure I do, yup. They went offline almost immediately after CR, so really couldn't ask them much.
Are you sure it was a CR raid and not a GR raid? Very easy to mistake the two for a newer player. IF it in fact was at a GR raid (Grimghast Rift) and you used your harpoon to pull mobs before everyone was there then typically we kick and kill anyone. The same in theory could apply to a CR raid as well though. We do this not to grief other players but to ensure that players who fall behind have a chance to get their full credit. Ideally the command to hold attacks would be given and then a warning if necessary. Hope this helps.
Originally Posted By: Bubba
Are you sure it was a CR raid and not a GR raid? Very easy to mistake the two for a newer player. IF it in fact was at a GR raid (Grimghast Rift) and you used your harpoon to pull mobs before everyone was there then typically we kick and kill anyone. The same in theory could apply to a CR raid as well though. We do this not to grief other players but to ensure that players who fall behind have a chance to get their full credit. Ideally the command to hold attacks would be given and then a warning if necessary. Hope this helps.

Absolutely 100% sure it was CR. And no, I didn't see that I did anything that could cause it. Boss wasn't 'Immune' or anything like that...

Quick Edit: KGB member was lead and kicked me. It was a member of another guild that purpled. Still trying to figure out why the kick. #confused. LOL.
© The KGB Oracle