The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Wolfgang Flame Harder - 12/01/14 03:54 AM
Flame on...
https://twitter.com/ArcheAge/status/539101630977671168
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Flame Harder - 12/01/14 04:43 AM
Yah...I think it's safe to say they royally fucked up today, which us one more on a large pile. I would be surprised if they lose less than half of what's left of their subscribers.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Flame Harder - 12/01/14 02:27 PM
Nail, meet coffin..

Holidays over and had some time to login to find this debacle. Thought originally it was my Patron time which unsub'ed me but I see I have a month and 21 days left but in a queue of 2k+.

Not sure I'm going to pick this back up after that 1 month +21 days. I've been trying to hold in there and wait for change but.. but..
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Flame Harder - 12/01/14 05:53 PM
Oh just wait..lol..I was able to log in to Ollo for exactly 3 minutes this morning before work..ALL houses were gone...just open land, workbenches and farms..LOL...I am going through my spreadsheet this afternoon and going to request a refund for every penny spent on this POS..i know, wont get a cent, but I am going to try.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Flame Harder - 12/01/14 07:24 PM
holy shit, everything was gone?

Wow someone must have found a way in and decimated the databases or something. It seemed way too odd that network latency or something hardware wise would cause this much trouble and me thinks someone got some revenge, lol.

What a PITA.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Flame Harder - 12/01/14 09:03 PM
truly...lol
Posted By: Derid Re: Flame Harder - 12/01/14 09:16 PM
Everything isnt gone, or its very unlikely. What is likely is the data wasnt being sent to client. Server was in process of crashing so the houses probably just didnt load.

From the best I could tell, the core issue is with write commits to DB. Most likely result of a dupe bug, would bet money on it.

Either way, apparently people dont remember WoW launch. These issues arent relegated to Trion. Not that I am not irritated, but since AA is the only game even slightly worth playing right now it just is what it is.
Posted By: OCONNOR Re: Flame Harder - 12/01/14 09:56 PM
So what are you guys doing now while it is down?
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Flame Harder - 12/02/14 12:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Derid
Everything isnt gone, or its very unlikely. What is likely is the data wasnt being sent to client. Server was in process of crashing so the houses probably just didnt load.

From the best I could tell, the core issue is with write commits to DB. Most likely result of a dupe bug, would bet money on it.

Either way, apparently people dont remember WoW launch. These issues arent relegated to Trion. Not that I am not irritated, but since AA is the only game even slightly worth playing right now it just is what it is.

Of course I remember, and while I completely understand, you forget this is NOT a new title, this thing has been out for 4 years, and ironically many of the issues we are seeing are not new either. If I had known that when I signed on, I would not have signed on. But for now, I am holding on to the thin hope they fix this..but really..48 hours now. Kinda feel a huge wipe coming..lol
Posted By: SirWilliamPD Re: Flame Harder - 12/02/14 03:44 PM
This situation is a mess right now. We have one player who has his large farm currently inside of his house.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Flame Harder - 12/03/14 12:02 AM
Well, I did manage to get in tonight, it seems they have reduced the number who can be online, but my stuff was all back and such. Tas, your two 8x8's are gone next to your 16x16 and highflyers house..not sure if that was intentional or what.

I expect to be banned, since I filed disputes with Pay Pal..they told me on my customer service complaint they wont talk to me anymore, and should I wish to get a lawyer, he or she can talk to theirs..LOL

Wonder what would happen if I filed a class action lawsuit against them...wonder if there is a case..LOL
Posted By: Zhou Re: Flame Harder - 12/03/14 03:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Well, I did manage to get in tonight, it seems they have reduced the number who can be online, but my stuff was all back and such. Tas, your two 8x8's are gone next to your 16x16 and highflyers house..not sure if that was intentional or what.

I expect to be banned, since I filed disputes with Pay Pal..they told me on my customer service complaint they wont talk to me anymore, and should I wish to get a lawyer, he or she can talk to theirs..LOL

Wonder what would happen if I filed a class action lawsuit against them...wonder if there is a case..LOL

Damn.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Flame Harder - 12/03/14 04:00 AM
I let all the 8x8's I own burn since none of them allowed any 16x16 placement. I sold off my two thatched roof lots and now just have the 16x16 in Aidstown and the 24x24 in White Arden.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Flame Harder - 12/03/14 06:26 AM
Well I got in last night but was already way past my bed time.. I did check and my plots in WA were still there but didn't check Sandeep.

One thing that was odd was all of my tree/bushes were gone. All my figs and grapes, etc were missing so not sure how that worked but the pumpkins were still there, lol.

What a PITA and it clearly was some data corruption either from fucked up latent calls, locks or outside help. Again i tried to get in tonight and the limit must have been reduced as it's a constant queue of enough length that I just say fuck it. It's sad.
Posted By: Tasho Re: Flame Harder - 12/03/14 12:42 PM
Dunno.
They improved capacity to the server sometime yesterday afternoon.

Been playing and swapping between 3 accounts without issue.

I'd say 72 hours of scaling recovery after a catastrophic failure is doing `decently` given how understaffed they are (and hiring apparently.)

I haven't run into any asset problems since recovery 24 hours ago.
Posted By: Ictinike Re: Flame Harder - 12/03/14 08:12 PM
Good deal and I'll have some time tonight hopefully to get back in and back to dealings..
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Flame Harder - 12/03/14 08:21 PM
You knew this scenario was going to pop up its head. I am betting Trion waits until after December 19th to make any compensation announcements to try and capture as many subscription cycles as possible before the implosion happens.

Originally Posted By: AA Forum

Wow trion just wow!

I just dont know what to say.. lol. Read.
GM Drator: Thanks for contacting Trion Worlds Customer Support. My name is GM Drator. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.
GM Drator: Hello!
Me: hi.
GM Drator: How may I assist you today?
Me: I play on Nebe server which was down for almost 4 days.
Me: i jsut got home from work, and i noticed i lost my farm with around 35-40 tradepacks on it, and lost everything
Me: ut was demolished on 2/12/2014 time when server was down
Me: what i am supoosed to do now? it was my only way to make gold and pay my taxes.
Me: and btw someone took the plot ofc
Me: Somehow it made me lose the will to keep playing, theres no way i can get gold now
GM Drator: I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating. Please have patients as they are discussing ways to compensate all players for the inconvenience and loss of properties. Please keep looking on the forums link for an update on the subject.
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ctivity-Issues
Me: we all lost something in different ways
Me: compensation will be for sure same for everyone
Me: i think i lost more than anyone could loose, so if i just recieve workers comp, or free tax? what i am going to do with it? when i lost like 400g and already lost my plot
Me: It was the only farm i had to make gold, and i dont think you can make the guy who took it give back to me
GM Drator: Unfortunately I am unable to assist you with this request.
Me: wow, so thats it?
GM Drator: They will compensate everyone at once. We are not allowed to compensate individually via chat.
GM Drator: May I assist you with anything else today?
Me: thats what im talking about, we will all recieve the same compensation, what about my Tradepacks? what about my plot?
GM Drator: But you don't know what the compensation is? And there is nothing more I can do. Do you need assistance with anything else today besides what I have just answered for you?
Me: i dnt care about compensation? even its 100 workers comp what i am going to do without a land now?
Me: What compensation?
Me: are you going a free plot for us?
Me: thats the only way to compensate it
GM Drator: I deeply apologize about the situation. I can only refer you to our forums page where they will let you know what they are going to do. But I am unable to do anything via chat on giving you land or anything. If you don't have anything else you need assistance with I will have to end this chat so I can help the next customer waiting patiently in queue to be helped.
Me: Wow, just wow
GM Drator: Have a good day and thank you for contacting Trion Worlds.
GM Drator has disconnected.

Posted By: Tasorin Re: Flame Harder - 12/03/14 08:27 PM
Also: Massively BURN!

Best analogy I have read yet. Because when I want to change my wallpaper or wall color, I make sure to burn my house to the ground first and get started on changing that wall.

Posted By: Ictinike Re: Flame Harder - 12/04/14 01:25 AM
I understand their policies but that is going to be the total fucking deathblow..

When this first cropped up, with the multiple plots on the same physical space, live chat and support basically told them whoever demo'ed last would have the property. So all who had something on the spot could not use it until the others were demo'ed so you would have to pay your taxes and would not be able to use the property until the other players got tired of not doing anything but paying and demo their deed. So it's just a big waiting game of who can hold and pay for it, all the while not being able to use it, while the others get tired of doing the same.

Fuckers.. again it's going to be the deathblow if this is more than a rare situation..
Posted By: Zhou Re: Flame Harder - 12/04/14 01:39 AM
Money grab. Hate the game maker, loved the game. Man people sure know how to ruin a game.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: Flame Harder - 12/04/14 02:31 PM
As of this morning, a lot of the bugged properties have been rectified. I cannot say if all of the original owners ended up with their land, but the one in the center valley of the White Arden Luxury District has been reverted to it's original state and owner and the one in Sanddeep around the Bergonia Hill area has also been reverted to it's original state and ownership.

Seems to have happened sometime between last nights rolling restarts and 9am EST this morning.

This is for properties that were placed on top of over properties; I have no idea about the properties that were demolished because their owners thought it was funny to wait till the last minute and did not pay their taxes for TWO weeks.

I know a PD member had an issue with a house inside of a farm; would like to know if that was rectified with these other properties or if this is being done one home at a time/case-by-case.
Posted By: Tasho Re: Flame Harder - 12/04/14 05:31 PM

If they give us a free month of patron, that starts to cover 99% of all problems that have occurred (500g worth of apex).

Exploding with anger should occur `after` that if they don't take care of issues that are `larger` than that.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Flame Harder - 12/04/14 06:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Tasho

If they give us a free month of patron, that starts to cover 99% of all problems that have occurred (500g worth of apex).

Exploding with anger should occur `after` that if they don't take care of issues that are `larger` than that.

My expectation is 5 days Patron Status and 1000 Crystals. Anyone who lost anything will be shit out of luck. Think of all the trade packs that rotted with 3-4 days of down time. All those chuckle fucks had to do was suppress the aging mechanic and they couldn't or wouldn't even do that. That is the fault of XL Games and Trion and no one else.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Flame Harder - 12/04/14 06:44 PM
Forgot to add the tidbit from XL games about the flower exploit being used for Farm Carts/Haulers. Rather than just removing the item from the game and deleting all instances of it from every account, the resulting fix is being incorporated into the next patch which has not been announced for a date of release.

That is how incompetent XL Games is.

Fact.

I said it before live launch when we had the open beta. AA has the potential to be a decent quasi-sandbox PvP title as long as Trion and XL Games don't shit all over the consumers (with the store) and via game mechanics (xploits, hacks, broken PvP flagging). Sure enough, the expected came to fruition. 2 and half months of getting steaming pile after steaming pile dropped off at our doorstep.

Posted By: Tasorin Re: Flame Harder - 12/04/14 10:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

My expectation is 5 days Patron Status and 1000 Crystals. Anyone who lost anything will be shit out of luck. Think of all the trade packs that rotted with 3-4 days of down time.

I was close, but Trion decided to sweeten the deal and anyone who lost any asset is shit out of luck. So for those of us paying a monthly nut who had the potential to loose hard assets, we get a whopping 5 more Labor Pots and 15 more Loyalty Tokens.

Those fucks over at Trion don't seem to want to listen to any semblance of reasonable community options to retain the paying customer base. I guess they don't give a fuck about the monthly nut anymore.

Originally Posted By: AA

That Patron pack contains:
- 5 Bonus Days of Patron Time
- 15 Superior Worker's Compensation Potions (500 LP each)
- 30 Loyalty Tokens to use at the Loyalty Store on the rewards of your choice
- 3 Greedy Goblin Gummies (+10% Loot Drop Rate)
- 3 Frankenflavor Jawbreakers (+10% XP)
- 3 Marshmallow Sugar Pumpkins (+3% Move Speed)

For those who have not been a patron, the standard compensation pack contains:
- 10 Superior Worker's Compensation Potions (500 LP each)
- 15 Loyalty Tokens to use at the Loyalty Store on the rewards of your choice

Posted By: Tasho Re: Flame Harder - 12/05/14 07:40 AM

My expectation is 5 days Patron Status and 1000 Crystals. Anyone who lost anything will be shit out of luck. Think of all the trade packs that rotted with 3-4 days of down time.

I was close, but Trion decided to sweeten the deal and anyone who lost any asset is shit out of luck. So for those of us paying a monthly nut who had the potential to loose hard assets, we get a whopping 5 more Labor Pots and 15 more Loyalty Tokens.

Those fucks over at Trion don't seem to want to listen to any semblance of reasonable community options to retain the paying customer base. I guess they don't give a fuck about the monthly nut anymore.

Originally Posted By: AA

That Patron pack contains:
- 5 Bonus Days of Patron Time
- 15 Superior Worker's Compensation Potions (500 LP each)
- 30 Loyalty Tokens to use at the Loyalty Store on the rewards of your choice

For those who have not been a patron, the standard compensation pack contains:
- 10 Superior Worker's Compensation Potions (500 LP each)
- 15 Loyalty Tokens to use at the Loyalty Store on the rewards of your choice

Yeah... I'm pretty fucking confused as to why they gave non-subs 5k labor and 15 loyalty tokens. Oh well, good time to buy materials, bad time to sell materials for the next month or so. :D

Also: I tested today just to make sure. Newly made accounts cannot benefit from the compensation package.
© The KGB Oracle