The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Revco RDPS for GHA build discussion - 10/13/14 05:49 AM
RDPS (Oracle)
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/194245

I wanted to talk a little bit about this build since this is what I have run the last couple times in GHA and explain the reasoning on the skills. I would love input from other RDPS that have done GHA.

Why Vit?
Mirror light is very useful in the second boss fight for clearing bleed. Also speeds up clearing trash.
Revive so the healer doesn't have to waste a point and speeds up run when people die.

Why Auramancy?
Thwart/Hearten is HUGE for increasing your dps. Cast this everytime the cooldown is up. Yes it is annoying, but you are a literal machine gun with endless arrows.
Health Lift. You are the buffer, if someone else has this you can drop it.
Meditate will keep you fighting unless you want to go through 40 pots a run.
Protective Wings is needed on Second boss and handy for the third. It makes GHA much easier.
Teleportation is always handy, I have run with and without but seems the most useful option for the available point.

Archery?
Endless Arrows and Charged Bolt are where your main DPS is going to come from .
Piercing shot is ok once you have bloodlust built up, but you lose all the bleed damage.
Concussive arrow is mainly there for trash, to much mana burn except when you are just trying to burn a boss down.
Intensity every time it is up and Deadeye when you can.

I am going to test Float in an upcoming run. Think it can be used on first, mini boss and last boss fights.
Posted By: Goriom Re: RDPS for GHA build discussion - 10/13/14 02:26 PM
I've been using my trickster in GHA and will only switch to primeval if we are having trouble on the 3rd boss.

This is what I run, it basically brings DMG, CC, and Anti CC to the group. I also use Play Dead for the HP/Mana regen, sort of similar to you using Meditate.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/194245/
Posted By: Tasorin Re: RDPS for GHA build discussion - 10/13/14 03:01 PM
I changed to Oracle from Stone Arrow. The build is all about Ranged DPS maximization and utility. Your role is to DPS your nuts off and use Mirror Lite and Wings as utility to counter the boss fights when they use Bleed and Fire Burst. Your other role is to control adds via kitting when needed or burn down eggs/spawns.

You are effectively playing two roles. Main Ranged DPS and Healer Utility Support. The biggest thing you need is mana endurance via pots/food/buffs and other means you can find. You will burn through a ton of mana if you are cycling the AoE Arrow of Boom. If you want to go mana light and turn down your dps a tad to stretch mana then don't hit Arrow of Boom every time its up, especially with a single Boss mob. That is where the balance and skill really comes into play with this build. Managing your DPS output and Mana consumption so you can stay in the fight and putting DPS down range the entire fight.
Posted By: Revco Re: RDPS for GHA build discussion - 10/13/14 04:38 PM
Goriom, your link is not to your build.

Why take Shadowplay for GHA? You pick up Toxic Shock which is sub-par because you can't poison. The only other useful skill is Free Runner for the AGI buff.

If you take Auramancy instead you get Thwart which will give you the best DPS buff of all the trees. You get a better mana regen than play dead. You get a group buff. And you already have wings which you can use on boss 2 and 3.

I know you can run GHA with other builds, what we want to talk about is what is most efficient and creates synergy with the group. Let us know why you take certain skills and how they help more than what I posted.
Posted By: Goriom Re: RDPS for GHA build discussion - 10/13/14 08:01 PM
Okay... I get that people will want to run GHA as fast as possible and should create builds that will allow you to do so, while retaining damage but I still don't get vitalism, in my opinion it's just not worth it.

What about something like this?

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/196019
Posted By: Revco Re: RDPS for GHA build discussion - 10/13/14 10:12 PM
I like that, better overall, forgot about Purge since i don't have Witchcraft leveled yet.

You trade Purge for Mirror light, which also adds the nice magic defense buff.
Courageous Action is nice for 3rd boss, wonder if you get the immunity even if they are not sleep/fear. Cast on healer as preventative for being slept.

I Would drop bubble for the 2nd passive in Archery. More DPS, you should not have to CC.

You lose a little dps on trash using mirror light offensively but you gain more support in the boss fights, which matters most.

I am currently leveling my witchcraft (42), will definitely switch to this when done for GHA.

Have not used Conversion Shield, you think it's worth losing tele or speed boost?
Posted By: Goriom Re: RDPS for GHA build discussion - 10/13/14 11:15 PM
You're only as fast as your slowest dungeoneer =p
Posted By: Tasorin Re: RDPS for GHA build discussion - 10/17/14 07:29 PM
I have been considering removing Teleport from Auramancy and replacing it with the Vitalisim passive in order to convert 3% damage taken to mana since this is such a heavy mana use class and mana endurance is far more important than short range mobility in a dungeon.

You really don't use the teleport in the dungeon unless you are trying to escape an AoE that isn't an fight area wide AoE from a boss. The second draw back from Teleport in a dungeon is the 30 second cool down. You are only going to get to pop it once to escape and not be able to chain pop it, so it has limited versatility. Where it comes back as an advantage is if in GHA or KC you are using it against a Boss timer that is longer that the cooldown for Teleport. I only really use it as an escape mechanism during open world PvP, which this build isn't really maximized for and it can't be used while stunned, slept, feared or rooted in any instance.

Test results incomming this weekend.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: RDPS for GHA build discussion - 10/17/14 08:49 PM
I have Auramancy up to 25 So I can drop shadow play. Also Instead of using revive I could use the heal skill Mend but it has a big mana cost along with it. Could be useful if healing is a problem. Anything that will help running GHA to max efficiency I'm all for doing.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: RDPS for GHA build discussion - 10/18/14 12:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Also Instead of using revive I could use the heal skill Mend but it has a big mana cost along with it.

As an Oracle you have the second point into Vit for Revive in order to free that point up for the Cleric. Secondly, depending on testing and more KC-GHA runs, there is a case for switching teleport from Aura to the 2nd Passive in Vitalisim for 3% dmg to mana.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: RDPS for GHA build discussion - 10/18/14 05:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Also Instead of using revive I could use the heal skill Mend but it has a big mana cost along with it.

As an Oracle you have the second point into Vit for Revive in order to free that point up for the Cleric. Secondly, depending on testing and more KC-GHA runs, there is a case for switching teleport from Aura to the 2nd Passive in Vitalisim for 3% dmg to mana.

I meant Vitalism not Auramancy. Since I posted this I'm 60% into level 29 Vitalism should be hitting 30 real soon.
Posted By: Angry Re: RDPS for GHA build discussion - 11/10/14 08:15 PM
If anyone is still thinking oracle is a good build get with me in game and ill show you why it isn't. I would bet a none hasla bow user with the quest bow would out dps this build.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: RDPS for GHA build discussion - 11/11/14 10:10 PM
The Oracle was a specific build for GHA only. It was meant to alleviate the Cleric from having to spend a point on Revive and have the Wings skill as a second way to circumvent the Boss with the Fire Burst AoE.

This build isn't meant to be the best RPDS build in pure dps, its build is meant to minimize run time through GHA.
© The KGB Oracle