The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Donkleaps ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/05/14 12:55 PM
Without a doubt in my mind alongside Star Citizen, Archeage will be a big game for KGB. With the pre purchasing there is a 4 day head start. This will be huge and early speed is key to gaining key housing placements which will be advantageous to keeping a leg up.

Starting to compile info for people.

Helpful Links:

Build Calculator:
http://www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?...100011000100110

Trade Routes:
http://archeagesource.com/topic/1967-trade-routes-the-risky-road-to-fame-and-fortune/

Thoughts: (Lessons learned the hard way after 100 hrs of play)

So coming into this game we were 3 weeks behind the alpha testers that were in since the very beginning. (The purchasers of the Archeum packs got in later.)

My first thought was to rush to level cap that way I could be useful in helping others to level as well. I was a tad bit wrong in this theory as I skipped the entire crafting side of the game in lieu of just chasing the main quest line and all non crafting quests...(Go figure)

EARLY CRAFTING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LEVELING AS IT GIVES YOU THE LAND ADVANTAGE.

At the start of this game you should have 3 builds in mind. Two of these are for leveling and the 3rd is your end game PvP build.

1: Leveling build
2: Dungeon build
3: PvP build
A: Group build
B: Mass build

Now this game has a different system than anything recently out. You get to select 3 skill trees and from those skill trees select abilities/spells. As you level up and use abilities you get both skill points to unlock new abilities from your selected trees and those skills gain rank.

That aside questing is fairly straightforward and the game actually highlights where to go for you and uses a quest tracker.

The important thing is to get your farms down early.

First trade quests are for...

100 strawberries (crop)
100 goosefeathers (which you will need beans to feed your geese)
30 stone bricks (90 stone?)
? dye (flowers?)

Passing out at my desk, space to edit later.
Posted By: Zhou Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/05/14 01:44 PM
Other pieces of info:

Nui Tears - used for gliders and ships. These are gained from quests, dailies or specific natural discoveries in the world. Can't be traded.

Gilda Stars- The most important currency. Used for houses, castle pieces for a shadowbane style pvp island where full out war between player made alliances occur. Obtained by dailies and trade missions. Can't be traded between players, but a well organized group can drop the packs and load up one player to hasten the gains.

Map of nui tears in Russian:
http://aadb.info/map/
just check Слезы Нуи.

Mount:
Each type of mount makes a difference and has different abilities as they level.
Horses- mounted melee combat
Elk- Mounted archery combat
Yuta- Fasted ruin speed and a jump
Donkey- Fasted mount for trade operations
-There are others you can buy or grow based on development.

Jail-
C omitting a crime will place infamy points on your character, gain enough you will be sent to trail for your crimes. Based on the decision of the jury you will be sent to jail to serve your time, in which you can wait you time out, attempt to find a way to escape on after so long. Commit enough crimes and become exiled from your faction to become a pirate.

My suggestion farm, farm, farm. Boats are expensive to craft I've build 2 for the guild with assistance from everyone, buildings are that much more expensive. The economy is driven by players and the more the crafting side is stabilized the more pvp can take place.
Posted By: Brommas Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/05/14 02:12 PM
First trade quests are for...

100 strawberries (crop)
100 goosefeathers (which you will need beans to feed your geese)
(this is the quest that gets you your donkey mount to help you move trade pacts faster over land)

30 stone bricks (90 stone?) I believe you need 300 rocks which = 100 bricks to make the stone brick trade pack
? dye (flowers?) for this you need to plant narcissi flowers until you harvest 100 of them for the yellow dye trade pack After this quest you will get a deed for a large farm

Posted By: Brommas Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/05/14 03:36 PM
Another really helpful tip is to not sell your green + quality quest rewards. You want to buy evenstones from blacksmith merchants and use them to "disenchant" your items in order to obtain Archeum dust, shards, and crystals. these are used to craft armor, weapons, and jewelery which are much much better then any drops you will get while leveling. You will also gain very good XP from crafting these items and if you are desperate for gold you can sell the dust for much much more then selling the actual item.

Armor = Moonlight Archeum dust, shards, crystals (blue in color)
Weapon = Sunlight Archeum dust, shards, crystals (red in color)
Jewelry = Starlight Archeum dust, shards, crystals (green in color)

Item quality color seems to be in order from worst to best

White = normal item
Green = Grand
Blue = ?
Purple = Arcane (these seem to usually have a proc effect
Orange = Legendary ?

The armor crafting system works off upgrading your old piece. Once you craft the first piece of each armor slot at level 20 your next piece at level 24 will require the old piece as a component. This is the same for weapons.

The crafted armor has a 4 and 7 piece set bonus. These do not mix from tier level. So for your tier 1 set bonus you may not mix in tier 2 pieces and still receive the bonus

Armor also has a bonus for wearing all 7 pieces of the same type of armor (Plate, Leather, Cloth) and any class can wear any type of armor.

The other interesting thing I have learned is if you manage to get a critical success while crafting an item, when you use that green quality item in the next level recipe you have a very high chance to make another green item and a smaller chance to make a blue quality item.
Posted By: Viper Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/05/14 06:23 PM
Can someone explain why donk says "EARLY CRAFTING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LEVELING AS IT GIVES YOU THE LAND ADVANTAGE"

What land advantage?

If I start a farm, will that hold the spot so that I can put a house on it later?
Posted By: Brommas Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/05/14 07:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Viper
Can someone explain why donk says "EARLY CRAFTING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LEVELING AS IT GIVES YOU THE LAND ADVANTAGE"

What land advantage?

If I start a farm, will that hold the spot so that I can put a house on it later?

The best land gets taken pretty quickly. The first placeable structure you get is a small farm. It is important that you place this farm as soon as possible in order to get a good spot. What makes up a good spot really depends on what you want to grow / trade, how close it is to water and a regional specialty crafting station.

Unfortunately placing your small farm will do little to save you a spot for a house or even a large farm due to size of land needed. For live it will be a very large priority to get everyone in KGB there large farm as soon as possible and maybe one or 2 guild houses hopefully in the same area.

Currently in the alpha things are pretty crowded atm some people who waited (Donk) to place there farm are having problems finding good spots

Another thing to be noted is while everyone probably wants there own house, its really better to try to share houses with groups of people. The only reason we have found to own a house atm is so you can put the advanced crafting stations down to progress past level 34 crafted gear
Posted By: Viper Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/05/14 08:04 PM
Thanks Brommas!
Posted By: Zhou Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/05/14 09:06 PM
AA Forums live should move this to there.
Posted By: Sini Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/06/14 02:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Brommas

(this is the quest that gets you your donkey mount to help you move trade pacts faster over land)

If I knew that it would only take a bunch of berries to mount donk... I overpaid.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/06/14 02:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Sini
If I knew that it would only take a bunch of berries to mount donk... I overpaid.
Now that right there is funny.
Posted By: Zhou Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/06/14 02:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Sini

ROFL!
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/06/14 04:22 AM
20$ is 20$
Posted By: Vuldan Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/06/14 04:44 AM
I hate you all. Just saying.
Posted By: Brommas Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/06/14 03:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan

:(
Posted By: Tasorin Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/06/14 10:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan

Don't worry Vuldy, the hate flows freely from both sides...

Originally Posted By: Donk
1: Leveling build
2: Dungeon build
3: PvP build
A: Group build
B: Mass build

The thing we don't know now is if you can essentially "hot swap" between Archetypes (3 Skill Classes/Archtype) when it comes time for launch. Currently in the Alpha you can pay a Silver price coin sink to change your classes and Archtype at a shrine. Secondly, you can currently change your points applied to each class in your archetype at will as long as you are out of combat in the Alpha and we don't know what that will be like come live launch.

This drives the standing question of do I need 4 separate toons on a single account or will be given flexibility to have a Paul Moadeeb. The current mechanic is that you can have 4 toons on one server, and a total of 6 toons per account.

Currently it is cheaper (weekly Tax wise) to run four toons on one account through to level 10ish and then land grab with the first small farm in a place close to the specialty venders (Gilda/Honor/Craft Mat/Stations), where you think by the time you run 3 other toons through you can plop down all 4 small fields. Then switch back to your "Primary" toon and do the second field upgrade (large field) quest and trade set and get them as many "Gilda Star" as quickly as you can and drop a "house". At this time the thatched roof house is the optimum tax min/max for housing. Then it would actually behoove you to do the same on all three other toons for the large field.

Welcome to the first 20-30 hours of play time at Live Launch. Land management early game with placement and access is key to reducing your stress factor into the mid-game. That is if everything stays mostly as is come live launch.
Posted By: Grem Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/07/14 05:24 AM
From what I heard, trade quests can be done once per account. You can only have 1 small farm, 1 large farm per account.
Posted By: Zhou Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/07/14 11:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Grem
From what I heard, trade quests can be done once per account. You can only have 1 small farm, 1 large farm per account.

I believe the alts of your account can have a farm as well. That is part of allowing you to have 4 characters on a server.
Posted By: Gawaine Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/07/14 04:17 PM
Yes, I can confirm that. I have a lvl 18 cat that also has a farm. The more properties you own on your account tho, the higher your tax is per property.

Each character on your account can also do the trade run.
Posted By: Grem Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/07/14 06:41 PM
Hmm, that seems silly. There already is going to be land issues, yet they allow people to have alts have land too.

I realize only patrons can, but early on everyone will be a patron. Oh well.
Posted By: Brommas Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/07/14 06:57 PM

There is some talk of this only being the case for alpha / beta

And then during live it going to only 1 large and small farm per account
Posted By: Zhou Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/07/14 08:37 PM

There is some talk of this only being the case for alpha / beta

And then during live it going to only 1 large and small farm per account

I wouldn't mind that only if i don't lose my small farm to build a damn workstation
Posted By: Laryagar Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/08/14 07:47 AM
I am in the Alpha for North America, at the moment I have not made the multiple builds. What is interesting about this game is that the skill tree concept borrows from Rift most closely but unlike Rift you can skip around the skillset...it is not a linear chart you progress up. Skills can unlock at a certain level but they do not have to be chosen in order.

There are 120 combination of skillsets and each one has a class name. My present character is a Necromancer, he has Occultism (a starting skillset with a fairly wide utility and has the classic life drain and some AoE), Vitality (the healing skillset with many skills having dual uses depending on friend/foe status of target), and Witchcraft (heavy on CC). If I wanted Demonologist I just swap Vitality with Sorcery (the classic elemental fire/ice DD type class)

I frankly just got the quest that gives you the recipe to make a scarecrow and establish a claim for a farm. The crafting and farming is pretty indepth in this game and is how it calls itself a sandbox game. I have not seen any other KGB people in game so I am temporarily hanging out with a small guild named Northern Lights. I am playing as the race that looks the most human and worships the Goddess Nui.
Posted By: Laryagar Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/08/14 07:51 AM
I have been hearing that only patrons of the game will have farms when it goes live. I expect that refers to paid alpha players and or a subscriber based player.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: ARCHEAGE INFO THREAD - 05/08/14 09:18 AM
Yes, at release only "Patrons" which is the premium membership type of players will be able to build farms/housing.

KGB are on all throughout the day. The easiest way to get ahold of someone is to get on TS.
© The KGB Oracle