The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar The new deal - 06/29/10 09:53 PM
A NEW BEGINNING

Together as a guild, we have been developing a method of play that can work for all levels of KGBer, and all styles. This new method is focused on using our assets for mobility as well as not being tied to any specific play style. The days of never ending defense are over.

Join the conversation and the experiment as we again find the fun, and take part in some parts of the game that have been long lost by the responsibility of city ownership.

I think this gives us a new freedom, and a chance to really hone our skills and teamwork. Check the secure forums and make your ideas and opinions part of the decisions that are being made as we speak.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The new deal - 06/29/10 10:45 PM
Welcome to Free Agency...
Posted By: Valaria Re: The new deal - 06/30/10 01:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Welcome to Free Agency...
YEP
Posted By: Crimthan Re: The new deal - 06/30/10 11:27 AM
Quote:
The New Deal

A Game with actually good melee mechanics?
Posted By: Riff Re: The new deal - 07/01/10 02:17 AM
Daily pvp... go out and find trouble!!! SOME RIFF RAFF
Posted By: ZhenYu Omega Re: The new deal - 07/02/10 11:40 AM
Those of you not playing should man up and join us!
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: The new deal - 07/04/10 06:50 AM
Zhenyu has the idea, you bitches need to put the purses down and get in game. For those of you that wanted choas city life, well we have that right now. So get your ass's in game. OR Stay in WOW, or whatever "HARDCORE" (snickers) pVp game you all are playing.
Posted By: Decon Black Re: The new deal - 07/04/10 11:02 AM
i think they playin Hello Kitty myslef. You bunch of panty waste hippy type pink ole fags.......lol
Posted By: Mamacita Re: The new deal - 07/06/10 01:45 PM
sorry guys but you all know i would be there but atm i cant i am at father in laws shitty internet last time i was on game here it was 90k + ping shocked i didnt know i could ever get that high.. lol so if i am on i will only be in vent hubby will keep me swiming in the mean time dont have to much fun with out me tho
Posted By: Uber Re: The new deal - 07/07/10 02:15 AM
Read my post on the sentinel all of u not supporting KGB's chosen game disgust me
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The new deal - 07/07/10 08:44 PM
Originally Posted By: wolfgang
Zhenyu has the idea, you bitches need to put the purses down and get in game. For those of you that wanted choas city life, well we have that right now. So get your ass's in game. OR Stay in WOW, or whatever "HARDCORE" (snickers) pVp game you all are playing.

I would rather count the ceiling tiles at work then put one more minuet into the sad game mechanics that AV has put out. The game is in its death throws, and probably will not survive to the end of the year without Taso sucking up his pride, and getting some more investors.

Quite honestly, time and time again, the core Sr. Dev's that are at the crux of AV's issues would love it if only a handfull of the people they wanted to play with were playing DFO. They honestly operate in a vacuum, believing that this steamer of a Pay to Play Beta is anywhere near a point where its even remotely anywhere near fully developed and ready for launch.

In short, it isn't the concept of DFO that's bad, its the people (devs) and the implementation that is terribad.

DFO in the future will be what people refer to when they get ass fucked by a Pay to Play Beta for years. It will go something like this; "Oh man, we just got Darkfall'd again with [insert game name here], god damn it, I really hate broken ass games."
Posted By: JetStar Re: The new deal - 07/07/10 09:20 PM
I would rather count the ceiling tiles at work then put one more minuet into the sad game mechanics that AV has put out. The game is in its death throws, and probably will not survive to the end of the year without Taso sucking up his pride, and getting some more investors.

Quite honestly, time and time again, the core Sr. Dev's that are at the crux of AV's issues would love it if only a handfull of the people they wanted to play with were playing DFO. They honestly operate in a vacuum, believing that this steamer of a Pay to Play Beta is anywhere near a point where its even remotely anywhere near fully developed and ready for launch.

In short, it isn't the concept of DFO that's bad, its the people (devs) and the implementation that is terribad.

DFO in the future will be what people refer to when they get ass fucked by a Pay to Play Beta for years. It will go something like this; "Oh man, we just got Darkfall'd again with [insert game name here], god damn it, I really hate broken ass games."

Its the best and only sandbox game out there, no matter what anyone says.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The new deal - 07/07/10 10:54 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar

Its the best and only sandbox game out there, no matter what anyone says.

Being the best, in a field no one else is competing in isn't saying much. It is like giving ribbons to everyone who competed, so that the losers don't feel bad. Its the ONLY sandbox Full loot MMO out there besides the Hybrid UO servers, and honestly Hybrid UO gives DFO a run for its money still.

In all honesty, Shadowbane and SWG were really the only two MMO's with a full blown Sandbox environment, (Build what you want, where you want, as long as it fit, and it wasn't designated a NPC/No Build zone) I might even entertain UO in this discussion. The only ones with full blow FFA loot is pretty much DFO, and that is one of its few bright spots.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: The new deal - 07/07/10 11:42 PM
I think we all get it by now Tas, you don't like DFO ...
Posted By: Vuldan Re: The new deal - 07/08/10 12:35 AM
BAH...it's one thing to trash something Tas, but your not even being fair. There are MANY bright spots in DFO. Yes, it's fractured, but not broken. Some stuff needs work, but still, not broken.

I think the biggest issue is the change that people no longer are comfortable with. It's like what pissed darka off, when magic was changed recently. Still, nothing to leave the game for me yet.

There are things I do not like, but it is still the only game of its type out there. UO might still exist, but it is nothing compared to DFO. AOC is better graphically and some game mechanics, but fail on the full loot sand box aspect. Shadowbane is gone, WOW is and always has been such a joke, DAOC still exists, but the frontiers are all the PvP you will get...Star Wars was raped like UO and on and on ad nauseum. DFO still manages to fill so much, even with the hacked and exploited little problems and such. I predict you are wrong Tas, DFO WILL survive, it may see a server merge, but it will survive.
Posted By: Banshee Re: The new deal - 07/08/10 10:33 PM
Curious, why does EVE get left out of the list? It is a sandbox with loot of whats not destroyed. Just curious, moving along now.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: The new deal - 07/09/10 01:48 PM
STFU Bansh...lol. It's not FULL loot..that's why..
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The new deal - 07/09/10 03:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Longshanks

Actually I did for a long time. NA-1 and the horrible patch's since there were pretty much the nails in the coffin.

Once again, Great concept, horrible implementation. Its not that DFO is a horrible game, its that AV is a horrible developer.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: The new deal - 07/09/10 04:59 PM

Actually I did for a long time. NA-1 and the horrible patch's since there were pretty much the nails in the coffin.

Once again, Great concept, horrible implementation. Its not that DFO is a horrible game, its that AV is a horrible developer.

I suggest a strategic retreat Shanks. Trying to get the last word with Tas is like trying to get congress to vote in term limits for themselves...
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The new deal - 07/09/10 05:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic

I suggest a strategic retreat Shanks. Trying to get the last word with Tas is like trying to get congress to vote in term limits for themselves...

No, if your going to put out there that "xyz" is what came out of my mouth, you shouldn't leave out the "y and z"

I still like DFO's concept, I just despise AV.

Its like SWG and Sony. Absolutely loved SWG up to CU, and absolutely hated Sony the entire time. I still haven't purchased a single thing from Sony since they fucked up SWG. If AV was actually a larger publisher/developer I would of banned them as well from future support in the form of $$.

*EDIT: Don't hate the game, hate the makers and support of the game, there the ones fucking it up, its not the games fault for sucking.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: The new deal - 07/09/10 09:39 PM
See what I mean?
Posted By: Longshanks Re: The new deal - 07/09/10 10:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic

Yeah ... it would seem so ... but I get his point.

In line with the same reason I don't fly with any airline that has even a single Boeing plane in its fleet ... it is not that I hate the airline, or flying ... I think flying is great mode of transportation & the airlines are wonderful ... it is just I hate Boeing, after all they promised us the Sonic Cruiser & just couldn't deliver it.

/sarcasim off
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The new deal - 07/09/10 10:48 PM
I feel the same way, except that it's not that I hate Boeing or Flying, it's that I know Tas works for them and there are bound to be some missing parts.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The new deal - 07/10/10 12:15 AM

In line with the same reason I don't fly with any airline that has even a single Boeing plane in its fleet ... it is not that I hate the airline, or flying ... I think flying is great mode of transportation & the airlines are wonderful ... it is just I hate Boeing, after all they promised us the Sonic Cruiser & just couldn't deliver it.

/sarcasim off

/applaud

Project Yellowstone.

Just like DFO and AV, one day, Boeing will get there.
Posted By: shalron Re: The new deal - 07/14/10 04:17 PM
lol you guys are funny DFO is a great game AV just needs to get the stick out of there ass. but till there is a game like DFO im staying.
© The KGB Oracle