The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar The long awaited patch is now available - 06/17/10 06:22 PM
THE "JESUS" PATCH

The patch notes are ready for release since we know exactly what will make it into it, so we’re posting them below:
Normal mining nodes now have a chance of dropping a rare metal ore
Mounted combat damage is reduced from 200% the normal damage to 150%. This applies to all weapons except sithras (which are still at 200%).
Battlehorn weight has increased from 100kg to 200kg
Invulnerability shield after revive has been reduced to 10 seconds from 60 seconds
Wildlife has been added to many cities and clan cities. This includes cats, rats, chicken, pheasants, manthe spiders.
Added a toggleable sound notification when receiving a private message.
Corrected the hitpoint advancement for all players. Hitpoints now increase faster at lower Vitality/Strength levels
Siege stone marker now displays the correct icon.
Several performance optimizations
Siege stones can no longer be placed under waters.
Corrected an issue where during a siege you couldn’t destroy a main city building if you had previously destroyed a wall
Fixed a bug where you could have mage killer or mage hunter without penalty
When you log out underwater, you will log back in at the same spot.

The following spells can be cast instantly without charge time. You can still hold the spell by keeping the left mouse button pressed.
Impale
Pungent Mist
Dragonbreath
Unholy Caress
Frostbite
Insect Swarm
Update: Lightning Bolt
Mana cost has been increased by 50% and cooldown by 30%, except for Pungent Mist which has a Mana Cost increase of 100% and a cooldown increase of 50%.
Cooldown for Eye Rot has been increased to 30 seconds

Splash damage is related to your distance from the explosion center. This applies just to player cast spells against other players.
Sea Fortress cannon damage has been decreased by 25%
Sea Fortresses will now go vulnerable every 10 days and their rewards have been upgraded.
You can no longer be decapitated by monsters.
In order to have a chance to decapitate another player, the finishing blow has to be dealt by a melee weapon and target health has to drop below -10 hitpoints.
Added quality 5 Rakta Blood to monster loot lists.
A player can now deploy a maximum of 2 strongboxes of the same type at the same time.
The following have received visual updates:
Windlord monster
Cult of the Moonbeast buildings.
Gnoll camps
Some arcane spells
Cannon explosions
Malaut Camps
Death pig texture.

Well?
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/17/10 06:25 PM
Playing badly is going to cost you even more now.

So those people who are decent PvP'rs who had under developed toons are really going to benefit from the HP patch. While those who play poorly, give up there back, run like chickens with there head cut off, or can't seem to get Jump Parry, are going to have an even harder time killing people who can play.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/17/10 08:26 PM
Is is called the "Jesus" patch because they fixed water logging?
Posted By: Mamacita Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/17/10 08:26 PM
lol
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/17/10 09:03 PM
That's the question of the patch. It says "Underwater" and not "in the water". So, is it just when you try to swim away underwater and log, or is it no mater what, if your in the water and log, your coming right back to that spot.

If its under the water, then your going to have to surface after you elude under the water, and then auto swim and log. This opens you up to arrow fire when your above water and magic from on land, or those of us who can jump cast in the water.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/17/10 10:57 PM
Im assuming the patch is downloadable now?
Posted By: JetStar Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/17/10 11:05 PM
Yeah
please let me know if they linked rays
or is it the macro of death?
the game is going to die with this patch. they just killed any hopes of being a mage. its almost impossible to kill a melee guy now. have fun in this shitty game im quiting in less they fix this splash dmg shit.

All great, what I listed below.

Added quality 5 Rakta Blood to monster loot lists. *bout fucking time*

You can no longer be decapitated by monsters.

A player can now deploy a maximum of 2 strongboxes of the same type at the same time. *fucking awesome*

Cooldown for Eye Rot has been increased to 30 seconds *took them long enough*

Battlehorn weight has increased from 100kg to 200kg *bout time!*

Normal mining nodes now have a chance of dropping a rare metal ore *fucking awesome. Not going into why I think so since it would be such a long explanation*

Corrected the hitpoint advancement for all players. Hitpoints now increase faster at lower Vitality/Strength levels *sad to see for some people that already had 400 + hp cuz of how hard they worked but its still pretty awesome for alot of reasons I won't go into.*

Invulnerability shield after revive has been reduced to 10 seconds from 60 seconds *personally 30 seconds woulda been ideal but meh*

The rest needs work, ASAP. The above things are great. The rest are causing big problems already. The ray spells need to be on same timers asap. Splash dmg shit I understand, but they need to adjust it or revert it back asap. And uggh im tired of trying to think atm gonna wrap up this post for now heh.

Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Is is called the "Jesus" patch because they fixed water logging?

thats the only thing i can think cuz there is no other explanation for them calling that cuz half the patch sucks. It's the heavenly/hellish patch haha!
Posted By: JetStar Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/18/10 03:58 AM
Lets give them a chance to balance. They have never got it right the first time.
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Lets give them a chance to balance. They have never got it right the first time.

My thoughts exactly. It's what I've been saying all day and what I told Darka
Posted By: Mithus Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/18/10 10:12 AM
Lets test!.
Originally Posted By: JetStar

At least this time the server was up the same day as the patch.
I still dread the days where the server was unplayable during patch days.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/18/10 03:40 PM
After much consideration I've decided that they are calling it the "Jesus" patch because they patched on Thursday which began slowly killing it. It has most likely died today, and they are planning to spend today, and tomorrow fixing it only to have it be resurrected on Sunday.

I'm so excited to see if I'm right. *bites nails*
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/18/10 04:17 PM
I hope you got a good set of tin slippers.

Cause your burning in hell for that one.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/18/10 04:18 PM
LOL...darka, you fuckin kill me. Mages have owned and killed people far to easy for far to long in this game. Give it a bit of time, they will try and "fix" it. Not a reason to quit at this point.

Calm. We will see.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/18/10 06:12 PM
I was hoping I could borrow yours
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
I hope you got a good set of tin slippers.

Cause your burning in hell for that one.

Iw
Plenty of people in this clan had more hp and better skills then me. why did i pwn them in fights? because i had a technique and some skill. Only people who have given me a fight in this clan r
ehwol cause he was actually a even fight for me similar skills and it took skil to kill one another. Rocknrolla the best melee guy we had it would take me around 4mins to win against him and he would win 30% of the time. yissu was a beast similar to rock's skills and just as much a fight.
Melee has always been overpowered and always will be some people would try to melee 75% of the time in a bone set. it didnt work i told yall a 100x ur wearing hybrid gear u gotta fight like a hybrid This patch will only make this clan even less effective in pvp. im sorry but thats the bottom line no one listens and with meleefall taking over and archeryfall in the field. Be careful what u wish for because of this nerf people like rock and yissu r going to be normal average players from now on because youll be fighting 90% heavy armor wearers and the occasional super low ping caster hybrid that will face rape you.

This change is horrible for the game its not my fault half the people in this clan have only been playing 4 months so now my 1yr old char is a even fight for them. Meleefall will die quickly due to this
let history speak for me. heres a great example of 2 games that were killed with sudden game changing patches.

SWG= after that big super patch they lost 75% of thier subsrcibers in the first 2 months.

AC1= When the sticky melee patch came out and killed the mages of the game they lost 75% of thier player base in 3 months..

Mark my words this will kill the game you love because people like me will just quietly go away and stop playing... if the magic stays the way it is dfo will be bankrupt in less then a year ill bet 1$ on it..
Posted By: Arkh Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/18/10 07:55 PM
Well, now you need to be able to aim. And have a good ping.
Magic still retain the utilities, you can still cast while wearing armor and for hybrid players, the debuffs are still there.

What has changed is mage don't have mid-range damage for them anymore. Adapt.
Posted By: Riff Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/18/10 08:11 PM
i like it
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/18/10 08:17 PM
bat man untility mage ftw?
Posted By: Arkh Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/18/10 08:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
bat man untility mage ftw?

Yeah, bat-flashbang, bat-shitinyoureyes, bat-jumps etc, bat-blackhole.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/18/10 09:19 PM
Debuffs and Infliction spell damage at long and medium range.

Learn to Aim

Bow people down as you

Close to melee

and

Whirlwind
for thsoe that did not know they have fixed the ray thing they may still be instant casts but they are forcing a half sec delay between casting them
not alot but its a good 4 second to get them all out instead of the 1 strike
quite a nice fix if you ask me
Vuldan
KGB Ambassador

LOL...darka, you fuckin kill me. Mages have owned and killed people far to easy for far to long in this game. Give it a bit of time, they will try and "fix" it. Not a reason to quit at this point.

Calm. We will see.

The whole thing now is very VERY simple:

Splash Damage is basically GONE.
"Skill" is the deal. Without actually being able to aim,
you will suck. Learn to aim, like you should have been learning in the first place, and quit complaining about being shitty at it & still raping.
If for nothing else, all of you that have raped since the game came out, now you have to actually aim like the rest of us.
And of course, I have been around for MANY patches & I completely agree with others that have commented before me:

Quit complaining until they realize their mistakes & re-balance.
I have people complaining to me, personally, about some of you because I'm the only one that has stood up (in the open) and said "shut up".
You've done nothing but bring down morale within the Clan that you supposedly love. Personally, I don't have an issue with any of you, other than the whining ... when I KNOW you've seen them re-patch stuff before.
Posted By: EhWoL Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/19/10 08:49 PM
You can get upset if you want but he is right.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/19/10 08:56 PM
Nice post Pickens. Thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/20/10 02:11 AM
Originally Posted By: NOC EhWoL

who's right? who's 'he'?
Posted By: Vuldan Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/20/10 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Squared
Originally Posted By: NOC EhWoL

who's right? who's 'he'?

Pick
Personally, I am glad the splash damage has been lowered ... i always thought it was absurd get hit for 40+ when you never really were getting hit ... it was irritating to jump over, or dodge, a fireball but still get hit for basically the same damage. It was a losing situation vs a high level mage everytime.

At < 75 fireball, I hit for 20s direct hit to the face, high level mage splashes for high 30s ... it sucked, plain & simple .. there was no way to win .. you turn your back to evade & heal, you were still getting pwnd by 40+ splash damage in the back.

I get why the high skilled mages feel completely nerf'd ... and it must totally suck from that perspective, but for us mere mortals, we have a fighting chance now & that is a good thing for the game overall.

As Arkh stated ... "Adapt"!
"we have a fighting chance now "
you do for now but once i bet my rays from below 25 to 75+

you will all just be one shot kills waiting to happen.

7 rays .05 sec's between them
no cast time so using a 1.00 damage staff

I almost killed langshanks? at the bank by acident last night and that was with most of my rays being below 10
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/21/10 12:52 PM
that's not good.
I also hear that people are using those rays to quickly kill crafters in NPC cities.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/21/10 03:37 PM
What are the "rays"..damn magic users...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/21/10 04:02 PM
It's not a bolt spell or an area of effect spell. It's a simple ray that has short range and has to hit the target for it to take effect, like the some of the heal other spells. With the patch, they are instant casting, so you can do alot of damage in a short amount of time if you are near a caster. Instrument set up a macro that will cast all 7 of his rays with the push of a button in a matter of a couple of seconds.
Posted By: JetStar Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/21/10 08:01 PM
Can you guys make a list of the rays here for us. I want to get them on a bar.
Posted By: Arkh Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/21/10 08:34 PM
Instant casts :
- Air : lightning bolt. Hit through walls and player too.
- Earth : Pungent Mist. Blinds a little.
- Earth : Impale. Arcane damage so not good against arcane jewels but blinds a little.
- Fire : Dragon Breath.
- Necromancy : Unholy Caress.
- Water : Frostbite. Hit through walls and players.
- Witchcraft : insect swarm. Poison damage so mucho love.

Not instant casts but usefull if know how to aim :
- Vampiric touch (necro). Leech life.
- Stamina leech (earth).
I ain't buying the kool-aid ...

If you can't hit a bolt or a L50 straight on, you're not going to hit a ray -- insta cast won't matter if your aim isn't true

Heal spells & buff are pretty much ray spells too ... how many times have you missed a friends who is moving around with a heal, or haste?

It is not much of a demonstration vs. a still opponent from the back.
had a bit of fun with dalmar around andruk yesterday and they are not bad at all even with a moving target
the ray apears to be a few feet wide not just a line as what i would have thought of as near missies also landed
there big draw back is the cool down but i surpose you just switch to bolts.

at this time i consider it more as a way of saying hello as i close to axe range

"If you can't hit a bolt or a L50 straight on, you're not going to hit a ray -- insta cast won't matter if your aim isn't true"

if your aim is true you get 7 hits in the time it takes to cast 1 bolt that is not a bad opening move and i would guess a good mount killer when being attacked

ps most of my rays have now made 25
Posted By: Arkh Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/22/10 04:33 PM
They're perfect for those situation you're chasing someone far enough to not be able to use a melee attack, but close for them to switch to melee weapon and whirlwind you if they hear a spell or arrow loading. Instant cast = no warning.
Posted By: Dalmar Re: The long awaited patch is now available - 06/28/10 11:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Instrument
had a bit of fun with dalmar around andruk yesterday and they are not bad at all even with a moving target
the ray apears to be a few feet wide not just a line as what i would have thought of as near missies also landed
there big draw back is the cool down but i surpose you just switch to bolts.

at this time i consider it more as a way of saying hello as i close to axe range

"If you can't hit a bolt or a L50 straight on, you're not going to hit a ray -- insta cast won't matter if your aim isn't true"

if your aim is true you get 7 hits in the time it takes to cast 1 bolt that is not a bad opening move and i would guess a good mount killer when being attacked

ps most of my rays have now made 25

shocked me to be honest grin

no one seen dalmar was killed by instrument in clan kills right? cry
© The KGB Oracle