The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/23/08 03:14 AM
Seen here back at the Everquest opening day, Co-KGB GuildMasters JetStar and Drek.

Drek brings his brother and close friends who just completed a long stint in WOW.

After co-founding KGB 11 years ago, and almost a 5 year lapse, it is great to have Drek and family with us once more. Stop in to KGB Ventrilo and say Hello!

Above is JetStar and Drek, almose 10 years later.
Posted By: Represent Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/23/08 04:59 AM
If i could get in vent i'd say whats good

Its good to see people coming back hopefully by the time my tour overseas ends i can get in and meet all the new guys and old i haven't meet yet like Drek :P
Posted By: Elph Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/23/08 06:03 AM
It's been soo good to read this right before bed! Welcome back drek!
Posted By: Drek Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/23/08 08:16 AM
really good to be back,
its been tooo long.

hoping to have a lot of fun with everyone like old times, err better than old times

Drekk
Posted By: ZoneOni Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/23/08 11:00 AM
Welcome Back!
Posted By: Crimthan Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/23/08 12:43 PM
Wow, so that's who Drekk is. That's cool shit to have a co-founder return after a long hiatus. It's like Han Solo coming back at the end of Star Wars, Episode 4, to help Luke (Jetstar) destroy the Death Star!

Oh, and see how that ground looks in the EQ screenshot? That's how low I want to be able to turn AOC ground effects, dammit!
Posted By: Garal Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/23/08 03:38 PM
Welcome back! I think the last time I remember seeing Drek was in DAoC-Andred
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/23/08 09:40 PM
Gods I had almost forgotten how bad the armors of the early days of EQ was, but at the time I thought it was so elite, I miss the simpler times.
Posted By: Daye Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/24/08 01:03 AM
Heh. Consider the processing power available to us in
the days of EQ

A 512 Meg gfx board ( which didn't exist at all ) would
cost more than 2-3 machines lol

Had to make do with what we had unfortunately. Didn't
stop most of us from playing though
Posted By: Wildcard Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/24/08 07:14 PM
Since we're putting up Pics....(still scrounging through my old discs to find my original damn SS's!!! They were either on floppies or old Zip discs back then lol.)

Drek in the middle of the screen, and me when I was still the GM of the Death Jesters...check out my uber skele armor! (This was like 1-2 months into the release of UO, back when the GM's actually did events and stuff...right outside good 'ol Trinsic where we used to fight Calvin & Hobbes.)

And yet another SS of the same timeframe, where you can see Annul of KGB, who was one of our best old-school PvP'ers. Also pictured are one of KGB's original allies the Dragon Knights who are guild still active in games, but not so much PvP anymore:

And here...is a really bad SS, (as a ghost no less), of our first wave offense against the X-Lords Mage Tower, after they broke alliance w/ KGB and attacked Jet. (Our regroup and 2nd shot wiped them...was an awesome set of fights with some good old-school PvP peoples. Someday I'll find all my other darn SS's!!!!!
Posted By: Talon Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/26/08 01:01 AM
If only I had screenshots of Tanarus. Drek wasn't too bad at driving a tank... =P
Posted By: Elph Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/26/08 01:25 AM
Garal I think Drek was only on Gawaine
Posted By: Garal Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/26/08 02:37 AM
I remember him playing at the very beginning on Andred.. I believe he played an infil
Posted By: Drek Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/27/08 06:09 PM
i played a berserker before coming to KGBs server where i was a skald, i was an assassin type when we started on the new full pvp servers that summer.

Yeah Tanarus was where me and Jet first met. I think I climbed to 4th world wide on the rankings. Best lightning tank driver in the game thats for sure .

Drekk
Posted By: ARSNL_ShareZAR Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 05/27/08 07:54 PM
Welcome back Derkk
Posted By: SpeedyKGB Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 06/03/08 09:01 PM
Howdy Drek,
Long time no talk, how ya been doing?
Geez wild you could have found some better SS's to put up. Talon drek was a pretty good tank driver, but not as good as I! muhaha.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 06/03/08 10:31 PM
OLD TIMERS UNITE TO FORM THE ULTIMA-GAMER!

Until all are one.
Posted By: Talon Re: KGB Co-Founder Drek returns - 06/04/08 07:38 PM
Quote:

Howdy Drek,
Long time no talk, how ya been doing?
Geez wild you could have found some better SS's to put up. Talon drek was a pretty good tank driver, but not as good as I! muhaha.

Overrated in those light tanks of yours imo!!
© The KGB Oracle