The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar USE THE PC TO SELL XBOX? - 04/23/15 09:20 PM
USE THE PC TO SELL XBOX?

As you all know, I hate consoles, and love the PC. Here is a situation where the superior graphics and frame rate of the PC are being leveraged to sell XBOX. BS I say.

Quote:
The video includes footage running at a 60fps framerate, but as fans might remember, CD Projekt Red confirmed that the RPG would run at 60fps only on the PC, and that on the PS4 and Xbox One, it would be locked at 30fps. What's more baffling is that, at the end of the video, the Xbox One is promoted and throughout the trailer the Xbox watermark is clearly visible.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Witch...ne-479111.shtml
Posted By: Ictinike Re: USE THE PC TO SELL XBOX? - 04/24/15 12:21 AM
Which game? Witcher?

They are walking a fine line there as we all know PC is the master race and I surely would be pissed if I was promised a hot redhead and ended up getting a male dirty blonde.
Posted By: JetStar Re: USE THE PC TO SELL XBOX? - 04/24/15 05:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
Which game? Witcher?

They are walking a fine line there as we all know PC is the master race and I surely would be pissed if I was promised a hot redhead and ended up getting a male dirty blonde.

[yes]
Posted By: Tasorin Re: USE THE PC TO SELL XBOX? - 04/24/15 08:47 PM
They are probably limiting rendering distance and degree of fidelity around assets to prop up the FPS on the XBOX. Basically rending a smaller "box" that has less degrees of detail (HD/Pixels per Millions per Asset).

There are ways to get there on the XBOX, you just don't get the same lush and dense product as you would on a PC with the same frame rate. The expectations is that XBOX users are in large to dumb to know this and focus on the carrot of FPS and don't know any better what stick was used to get to the carrot.
© The KGB Oracle