The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar Star Citizen Dog Fighting Module - 03/10/14 07:34 PM
Star Citizen will be available after PAX East

Special Thanks to Zhou for this
Originally Posted By: http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/4/5470564/star-citizen-dogfighting-module-to-launch-after-pax-east

The dogfighting module for crowd-funded space combat and exploration sim Star Citizen will be available after PAX East, creator Chris Roberts announced via the game's monthly update.

The dogfighting module was delayed in December 2013 in order to work on the game server's backend. According to the post, the module will first premiere at a special "citizens-only" event taking place before PAX East, which runs April 11 - 13 in Boston.

"As I write this, the Star Citizen team is all around me hard at work on the dogfighting module," Roberts wrote. "... The team is scurrying to take care of thousands upon thousands of necessary details: variable damage states, HUD detailing, weapons cameras, engine sounds and countless other things that go into creating an immersive space combat experience. At this point, we can now regularly dogfight here in the office."

However, the game's server backend continues to pose the greatest potential block for development, Roberts said.

"We have high hopes that the solution will be ready in time for launch ... and that that solution will stand up to the hundreds of thousands of citizens waiting to battle it out," Roberts wrote. "The very success that Star Citizen has had in building such a large community so early in its development is also one of its most challenging — launching the [dogfighting module] will be akin to launching a major online game."

Currently, there are 212 people working Star Citizen, which surpassed $39 million in funding only weeks ago. Addressing the game's ever expanding needs last December, Roberts said that the team would continue to grow as needed.

Star Citizen is expected to launch for Windows PC next year.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Star Citizen Dog Fighting Module - 03/10/14 09:49 PM
I've learned that many aspects of Star Citizen have been outsourced to Behavior Interactive, which is the same company making Warhammer 40K Eternal Crusade out of Canada
© The KGB Oracle