The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar QUEST FOR THE HOLY FUN GRAIL - 08/19/13 01:05 AM
QUEST FOR THE HOLY FUN GRAIL

We have lost our way, and many of us are missing a once in a lifetime opportunity. Darkfall Unholy Wars offers full loot, sustainable PVP, Siege mechanics, and global politics which is exactly what many of us talked about for years. The game is not perfect, but it has the foundation that we all enjoyed in Shadowbane.

Waiting for the perfect game, can be a lifelong wait. We have a capable game NOW. Let's take advantage of it. Of the 245 KGB Citizens, we have about 60 signed up, and about 15 active on a nightly bases, and can form a 30 person, three group force for sieges.

Personally I am enjoying this game very much. Some of the PVP teamwork and outings I have been on have been awesome. Some of the best ever. This is the kind of adrenaline rush that I remember from UO 16 years ago.

We just recruited a gentlemen who is 2 weeks into the game, with 30k prowess, and is able to compete and dominate in PVP. The grind that everyone complained about is just not there.

Morale of the story here is that all of us should work together to find the fun in this great opportunity. If you are not with us, you are missing out. If you are in RL trouble, and not able to afford an account, talk to me and I willl get something going for you.

I am working on a large scale PVP video from the last three sieges with footage from several of our members to show you.

Hop in to TS3 and talk to us! You need to find the Holy Fun Grail.

I would also appreciate it if you can keep this positive. If this is not your cup of tea, please keep that to yourself and let the folks with open minds consider what they are missing.

See you out there.
Posted By: HankCosby Re: QUEST FOR THE HOLY FUN GRAIL - 08/19/13 01:12 PM
Very well put Jet.

Also new players joining up I have been collecting "noobie" gear so Just give me a holla and I will get you started, then I will show you how to be efficient at gearing your self.

We can start having a noobie night where the vets get geared to roam and the new players pve. We did this once and it was glorious. I ran and healed for the noob group and Brommus ran the vet group. I will never forget the moment when I had the 7 noobies hiding behind the tree and Brommus made the call "release the noobies!" And my mighty 3-10k prowess fearless noobies charged the fight and rolled the lost minions. Lol good times.

if you have a fun story for DFUW share it here :)

Hank
Posted By: Sini Re: QUEST FOR THE HOLY FUN GRAIL - 08/19/13 10:52 PM
Last night we were doing sea towers and I had most fun in a long time. We had 3 ships in our flotilla and were up against at least 8 others, solo and groups. We sunk 4 ships, the last enemy run for it and actually made to safety of their city. Unfortunately by the time we got back the loot was mostly gone. They need to put depth charges back into the game.

DF is DF. It has warts and can be ugly at times. At the same time DF is the only UO-like game around. So your choices are to play Barby Dress Up Citizen Wars Online or what-have-you or play the real thing. BTW DF grind is mostly solved.
Posted By: OCONNOR Re: QUEST FOR THE HOLY FUN GRAIL - 08/23/13 05:26 AM
How many are on at 4am Pacific time? I have been very interested in joining all of you in this game. Mainly just worried no one would be in there and I would get my backside handed to me during low peak hours.
Posted By: JetStar Re: QUEST FOR THE HOLY FUN GRAIL - 08/23/13 08:19 AM
There is substantial alliance members on at that time. Join Alliance Ventrilo
Posted By: OCONNOR Re: QUEST FOR THE HOLY FUN GRAIL - 08/23/13 06:12 PM
Bought the game but need some technical assistance..Who is good at screen resolution problems? Not negative just eager to start
Posted By: OCONNOR Re: QUEST FOR THE HOLY FUN GRAIL - 08/23/13 06:13 PM
Bought the game but need some technical assistance..Who is good at screen resolution problems? Not negative just eager to start
Posted By: JetStar Re: QUEST FOR THE HOLY FUN GRAIL - 08/23/13 08:00 PM
Interesting, do post in the members forum here on the oracle for assistance.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: QUEST FOR THE HOLY FUN GRAIL - 08/23/13 11:09 PM
I guess it's just perspective and personal opinion. DFO failed because it was corrupted with dupes, hacks and outright cheats and a dev team that was agreeable to look the other way. It succeeded though in bringing back full loot PvP and asset destruction in a quasi sand box.

I am surprised that KGB isn't all over this title...

Posted By: JetStar Re: QUEST FOR THE HOLY FUN GRAIL - 08/23/13 11:28 PM
We are, Owain is heavily involved and we have several kick starter folks.
Posted By: Sini Re: QUEST FOR THE HOLY FUN GRAIL - 08/24/13 02:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

This is because only some of us played games long enough to remember when Garrot produced something worthwhile. Call us when he delivers something.
Posted By: Morlander Re: QUEST FOR THE HOLY FUN GRAIL - 08/24/13 04:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Sini
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

This is because only some of us played games long enough to remember when Garrot produced something worthwhile. Call us when he delivers something.

AGREE
© The KGB Oracle