The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar KGB Oracle and W3 servers scheduled down - 01/24/07 11:46 PM
UPDATED SUNDAY 01/28/2007 SEE THIS THREAD

On Saturday January 27th, 2007 from 10:00am until completed, all KGB services will be offline for system upgrade. We are upgrading RAM, VMware, and adding the Virtual Machine for the new KGB Wiki.

I hope to have this all completed in several hours. W3 will return then.

You can always check status at the www.the-kgb.com site as I update that page when the system is down.
Posted By: Holrom Re: KGB Oracle and W3 servers scheduled down - 01/25/07 02:42 AM
sounds so professional lol, I love it.
Posted By: Slinger Re: KGB Oracle and W3 servers scheduled down - 01/25/07 03:58 AM
I really enjoy MediaWiki, it's the same software Wikipedia is based on, as is really easy to work with. However, I have not looked into security options and whether you can limit account access or editing access.
Posted By: Winter Re: KGB Oracle and W3 servers scheduled down - 01/25/07 02:17 PM
What is Slinger gonna do for HOURS without the forums????
Posted By: Slinger Re: KGB Oracle and W3 servers scheduled down - 01/25/07 06:20 PM
It's totally cool this time, Jet is putting my Wiki up so we can completely revamp the Hall of Fame!
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB Oracle and W3 servers scheduled down - 01/29/07 04:58 AM
I worked on this both Saturday and Sunday. I finally got the memory to work and the new version of VMware installed. There were lots of problems.

I have a new server machine, but the RAID is not ready, so I did a temporary upgrade to the old machine to be able to get the new WIKI VM running. I have everything prepared but it took the whole weekend. I will work on the WIKI VM on Tuesday night.

VMware wont start all its services on startup under Windows 200 server, but will start manually. I am not going to try and debug it, just wait for the new server.

The KGB Oracle and W3 Virtual Machine was then upgraded to the new version of virtual hardware and started and is running without incident.

More on Tuesday,
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB Oracle and W3 servers scheduled down - 01/31/07 08:32 PM
I didnt get home until LATE last night, going to try again for tonight on the WIKI.
Posted By: ltima Re: KGB Oracle and W3 servers scheduled down - 02/01/07 03:05 PM
weeee for jetsy!
© The KGB Oracle