The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar KGB in action GW2 - 11/30/12 01:37 AM
KGB GUILDWARS 2 IN BATTLE

Posted By: Wolfgang Re: KGB in action GW2 - 11/30/12 06:52 AM
We don't need more cowbell, we need more Golems!
Posted By: Krucian Re: KGB in action GW2 - 11/30/12 09:03 PM
That was fun to watch Ribbons and Yourgrandmother kick ass.
The elementalist class is a lot tougher than I thought. I couldn't play past 11 on mine heh.
Posted By: Yourgrandmother Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/01/12 02:01 AM
Ribbons please link me your microsoft paint file.

I would like to crop and use your artistic rendering as my Avatar
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/01/12 02:50 AM
Which program do you guys run to take videos. I have a beast machine that could handle just about anything.
Posted By: Ribbons Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/01/12 05:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Yourgrandmother
Ribbons please link me your microsoft paint file.

I would like to crop and use your artistic rendering as my Avatar

I'm honored, finally my artistic "skill" is being noticed!

http://i.imgur.com/uZOxS.png
Posted By: Ribbons Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/01/12 05:59 AM
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Which program do you guys run to take videos. I have a beast machine that could handle just about anything.

I have a very modern PC and SSD harddrive which definitely helps recording in Fraps while still running GW2 at max settings.

I record at full resolution with Fraps and encode to XVID using Virtualdub, I am very new to this so I'm sure there are better options/codecs out there I haven't played with yet.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/01/12 08:53 AM
Is that supposed to be Donk selling his real name for 1gp?
Posted By: Wildcard Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/01/12 05:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Is that supposed to be Donk selling his real name for 1gp?

The only way we can get Yourgrandmother to ever say even a single word in Vent. is if you pay him game money.

Donk, however, will always go for the real $10. ;)
Posted By: Wildcard Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/01/12 06:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Ribbons

I have a very modern PC and SSD harddrive which definitely helps recording in Fraps while still running GW2 at max settings.

I record at full resolution with Fraps and encode to XVID using Virtualdub, I am very new to this so I'm sure there are better options/codecs out there I haven't played with yet.

Ribbons' setup sounds great!

I *believe* the preferred codec for YouTube-aimed vids is still H.264...that being stated I much prefer .MKV, DivX & Xvid codecs. (Also note that Apple's version of H.264 is known to frequently have out of sync issues.)

Always start with the highest quality source file you can: .AVI or .MOV, with a high resolution/sampling rate, so long as your system can support/store it; that way you're starting with a non-compressed, high quality base to convert over. Then use a video editor to encode your source to something YouTube will like.

Ex. Source Sampling: 1080p/i, 720p etc. @ 48KHz or 44.1KHz (stereo), skip 96KHz unless you are really expecting audiophiles to be listening to your tracks.

I haven't converted anything specifically for YouTube use in a while, so feel free to browse their recommendations first:
YouTube - Encoding Tips
YouTube - Encoding: Advanced Specifications

As for Encoders...once again, my favs are:
Matroska (.MKV)
DivX (.DIVX)
Xvid (.XVID)

I generally use either Sony Vegas, or Adobe Premiere Pro, but there are some great free editors out there.

Some great, Free Video Editors/Encoders:
VirtualDub
NCH - VideoPad
Avidemux
AVI-Trimmer + MKV2

More advanced (due to primarily for 3D rendering) but also has great video editing = Blender

Hope this helps, or at least provides you with more options than you ever wanted to ponder. ;D
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/01/12 08:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Wildcard
Originally Posted By: Ribbons

Ribbons' setup sounds great!

I *believe* the preferred codec for YouTube-aimed vids is still H.264...that being stated I much prefer .MKV, DivX & Xvid codecs. (Also note that Apple's version of H.264 is known to frequently have out of sync issues.)

Always start with the highest quality source file you can: .AVI or .MOV, with a high resolution/sampling rate, so long as your system can support/store it; that way you're starting with a non-compressed, high quality base to convert over. Then use a video editor to encode your source to something YouTube will like.

Ex. Source Sampling: 1080p/i, 720p etc. @ 48KHz or 44.1KHz (stereo), skip 96KHz unless you are really expecting audiophiles to be listening to your tracks.

I haven't converted anything specifically for YouTube use in a while, so feel free to browse their recommendations first:
YouTube - Encoding Tips
YouTube - Encoding: Advanced Specifications

As for Encoders...once again, my favs are:
Matroska (.MKV)
DivX (.DIVX)
Xvid (.XVID)

I generally use either Sony Vegas, or Adobe Premiere Pro, but there are some great free editors out there.

Some great, Free Video Editors/Encoders:
VirtualDub
NCH - VideoPad
Avidemux
AVI-Trimmer + MKV2

More advanced (due to primarily for 3D rendering) but also has great video editing = Blender

Hope this helps, or at least provides you with more options than you ever wanted to ponder. ;D

Some oracle help section worthy tips on video compression, I would repost this there for posterity.
Posted By: Wildcard Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/01/12 10:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis

Some oracle help section worthy tips on video compression, I would repost this there for posterity.

Can't make me!

;P
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/02/12 02:06 AM
Here's my world premiere at frapsing and kinda editing videos. Not sure why it's not higher than 480 quality, I thought I have all the settings correct. My unedited video I had was 1080. Nevermind, I guess it is 1080 afterall. Anyway...

Oh and towards the end of the video take a look at General Chat. lol HILARIOUS!

Posted By: Wolfgang Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/02/12 02:23 AM
Posted By: Kaotic Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/02/12 02:33 AM
Nice job Wolfie. Few comments:

1. Nice work keeping me centered in most of the video :D
2. "G" is not "F"
3. Fast cast ground targeting, check it out
4. I don't know if the Obama comment or the Handsome Harold was funnier. Both are gems.
5. Suicide themed music would work better if you actually died :)

*edit
Not sure why you changed videos, but the first one was better :)
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/02/12 02:46 AM
1. I didn't intentionally center you in the video, you must have been Lindsey Lohaning it up after I mentioned I was frapsing.

2. Sometimes "G" becomes "F" when you fat finger the buttons.

3. I probably use my grenades to much when I should be shooting people with the gun. But the Nades are have so much more damage, and I like to see shit blow up.

4. Both comments were pretty funny. I didn't notice them until I was trying to edit the video.

5. I would have had a lot of different music cut in, but I'm a serious newbie when it comes to editing video so I have yet to be that efficient. Also, the last 15 minutes that I frapsed this morning didn't get recorded. Apparently it stops after 10 minutes. Or I need to change some settings... so you see I'm seriously new at this.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/02/12 02:48 AM
I meant that there is an option you can turn on gets rid of the big green circle and just casts where your mouse is as soon as you hit the button.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/02/12 02:55 AM
Oh man so many people on the video train now.

Now we have to make a list of what videos we need to see KGB in.

More GW2 battles
Maybe a one night stint in PS2
I WANT TO SEE ALL KGB ON AT ONE TIME IN M&B WARBAND!!! (that would make for a badass video)
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/02/12 03:04 AM
I was just trying it to see how well my rig would handle videos. Editing the videos is where I need the work at. I really don't plan to do this all the time. I'll do some small scale videos just so I can get better at editing and making them better without the videos being to long.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/02/12 03:25 AM
Just remember to keep the video focused on me.
Posted By: Yourgrandmother Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/02/12 03:55 AM
Here's my world premiere at frapsing and kinda editing videos. Not sure why it's not higher than 480 quality, I thought I have all the settings correct. My unedited video I had was 1080. Nevermind, I guess it is 1080 afterall. Anyway...

Oh and towards the end of the video take a look at General Chat. lol HILARIOUS!

Dear Wolfgang,

I hereby award you +100 internet cool points for making a video with a Filter song in it.

Sincerely,

Yourgrandmother
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/02/12 04:15 AM
YourGrandmother,
Not just A Filter song, but THE Filter song. For Instance I'm sure I wouldn't get any cool points with this video...
Oh and don't forget to notice actress Jamie King =)
Posted By: Kaotic Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/02/12 04:41 AM
Wolfgang! That's just cruel man. You forget that g-maw lives in Canadialand where Filter is still cool, Miami Vice is not re-runs, and tight-rolled jeans are still in style...
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/02/12 06:03 AM
OH man a Canadian. I play BF3 with a guy that lives in Nova Scotia A.K.A Noofie Land. He's one hilarious bastard, I know that's odd for Canadians to be funny. Other than when they say "A-boot" er* About! =)
Posted By: Drakiis Re: KGB in action GW2 - 12/02/12 07:37 AM
I love all the GW2 videos the only problem I have is that the GW2 graphics/sprites are so small it's hard to make out exactly what's going on...I think its great that people are enjoying GW2 again and that some type of order has been established, keep them videos coming and I've been enjoying Ribbons artwork
© The KGB Oracle