The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar The future of PC gaming? - 11/09/12 07:51 PM
STAR CITIZEN

Take a look at this new concept and please comment!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen?ref=card

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/ships-plan/
Posted By: Daye Re: The future of PC gaming? - 11/09/12 08:54 PM
Hmmm. . . first thought that hits me is " Eve Online II "
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The future of PC gaming? - 11/09/12 11:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Daye

same thought, the Next EvE
Posted By: Vuldan Re: The future of PC gaming? - 11/10/12 02:01 PM
He is the creator and designer of the Wing Commander games, and Starfighter I believe, for Origin. In their time, some of the best spacefighter type games out there. It is an interesting concept.

He appears to have the backing already, will be one to watch. And I would say for indie gaming, yes Jet. This is the future. They wont proceed without financial backing anymore.
Posted By: kolski Re: The future of PC gaming? - 11/10/12 04:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Originally Posted By: Daye

same thought, the Next EvE

Does this mean you like it? Your lack of emotes confuses me... my first thought was

[yes] !!! EvE Online 2 !!! [yes]
Posted By: Wildcard Re: The future of PC gaming? - 11/10/12 06:17 PM
Looks pretty neat; elements of Wing Commander + Eve + Space: Above and Beyond + Space Trader/Freelancer (forget the name of that fun old Rogue Trader style space game.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: The future of PC gaming? - 11/10/12 08:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Wildcard
Looks pretty neat; elements of Wing Commander + Eve + Space: Above and Beyond + Space Trader/Freelancer (forget the name of that fun old Rogue Trader style space game.

this
Posted By: Daye Re: The future of PC gaming? - 11/12/12 08:44 PM
Chuckle no Eve for me thank you :D

Microsoft Excel online is more accurate :D
Posted By: Owain Re: The future of PC gaming? - 11/13/12 03:17 AM
Pretty cool...
Posted By: Tasorin Re: The future of PC gaming? - 11/15/12 06:02 PM
Put up $40 on the kickstarter for this one. It seems like its going to be more like FreeLancer and Wingcomander had a kid and put it Online in a persistent world.

Expectation is that there will be PvP open quadrants and those limited to PvE, but that is just the initial take from the starting pod casts.

They are also talking about it being a multi-tierd game in that there will be a standalone, a co-op and a persistent world. One would expect that they will leverage this in the PvP vs. PvE split and the Persistent world will be Open PvP to an extent.
Posted By: Derid Re: The future of PC gaming? - 11/18/12 06:02 AM

If it pans out as hoped, this will be the next big thing.

They definitely want PvP, in his GDC speech he specifically said that civilized areas will have heavy military presence and be mostly safe from things like player pirates, but there will be taxes/fees etc and there will be other areas that are riskier.

He said his goal is to create the tools and environment to where players create the conflict and content like Eve. Except ppl will actually fly the ships.

So count me in. I look forward to this. I wonder if they are hiring any analysts for the economic systems...
© The KGB Oracle