The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 10/31/12 07:40 PM
DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT

Darkfall was arguably the most challenging presence we have had in our 15 year history. It conjures strong emotions from both sides. The facts are that this is the only full loot, open PVP with consequences, world political, city building and holding game with naval engagements and battles ever. Please take the time to read the descriptions and vote on your intentions regarding this new take on Darkfall.

DETAILS

Will there be a system put in place that will cause death upon falling from a great height? Will "Hulk-Jumping/Bunny Hopping" be removed permanently in Unholy Wars?
Falling damage has been increased to reach the cap damage of the game. If your remaining health is lower than the fall damage you receive you fall unconscious to the ground. The damage scales from minimal up to the cap according to the vertical speed that the character has at the time of impact on the ground. The height that you start getting damaged (e.g. built enough vertical speed) is a little over the height of the double-jump. In actual gaming terms this means that you have to be really careful jumping when running down a slight slope or you will get damaged. On the counter act side of things, as we like to promote players skill, we incorporated a new skill called "Break Fall" that can actually reduce your vertical speed when cast. At high levels this skill almost drops your vertical speed to zero so it acts as an air brake. If you time it correctly, you can jump from a cliff and not get any damage at all. It has a long cool-down though, so jumping off cliffs should be a conscious choice now.

Will you ever remove the disadvantage you get by picking certain races rather than others?
The only differences between the races will be their unique looks and their lore. If you want to play an Ork you should do so because you love being a vicious, green, slaying machine without having to worry if some other race has better combat advantages. In Darkfall, your bragging rights should come from your skill in the kill, not from whether your race is better suited to a particular situation.

Could you possibly explain how exactly the role system is supposed to work?
Roles which determine which skills are available to a player at any one time. This prevents some of the imbalance of Darkfall 1.0 where a heavily armored fighter could still use magic almost unhindered, and greatly increase the importance of tactics and teamwork. It also goes some way to helping players make their characters ready for end-game PvP without such endless grind. Roles are not classes, but temporary specializations. The game will eventually include four (4): Elementalist (mage), Primalist (priest), Warrior (fighter), and Skirmisher (ranger). A Warrior has access to a range of melee, defensive, and combat oriented skills. A Skirmisher has access to light weapon and bow skills. A Primalist has access to priestly magic. And an Elementalist to powerful magery. Only the skills and spells from your current role (and the common school) are available to you but your current role can be switched with a cooldown. This allows you to try out each and every role, even multiple times in a day. Need some heavy firepower to defend your city walls? Try the Elementalist role. Keen to form the vanguard of a field battler? Switch to Warrior. Planning for an afternoon of exploration and guerrilla warfare? Try the Skirmisher. While you are not limited to which role you can choose, your effectiveness in each is determined by the level of your spells/skills, attributes, and battle prowess. This allows a player with fewer in-game hours to quickly become effective and dangerous in one role, while a more dedicated player can take the time to explore and master multiple roles. Will lore bosses be added (demi-gods), and will the other end-game monsters receive new and more complex AI? Like becoming true boss encounters? The events of the last couple of hundred years have indeed awoken the interest, ire, or just plain hunger of a fair few, larger than life individuals who want to come and play... or rather, slay! The world of Agon has been through the fires of celestial war and now stands on a precipice. Various interested parties may deem this an appropriate time to make a convincing bid for their view on the enslavement of everyone ever and what a pleasant existence you might have toiling under their tyrannical regime. Some of these villains will be of the world boss variety, roaming around certain areas of Agon and stomping, mauling and generally finding various interesting ways with which to kill those unlucky enough to catch their eye. Others shall be taunting you from within their various dungeons and lairs! There are also some even more powerful, epic, and familiar faces from Agons' histories being designed to arrive some months after the release with the unlocking of the second, lower (or in two cases higher) levels of the dungeons!

Will players still be able to mix and match armor pieces with encumbrance delimiting class (heavy/medium/light) or will players have to select a class (Destroyer, Magic User, etc...)?
Essentially: Can I specialize my character to casting by simply wearing light armor and re-specialize to melee by donning heavy armor. Or will this be done by talking to an NPC who changes the characters class? In the current Roles system it’s actually the other way around. You can pick a role for your character which can be done anywhere and anytime but it does have some limitations in order for people not to be switching roles all the time or while in combat and so on. Once a role is set, you can only wear armor that is allowed by your current role, heavy armor for warriors, medium for skirmishers and light for spell casters

Will combat preparation time be reduced in any way?
Yes. Our new backpack/bank organization system makes the creation of 'ready bags' a total breeze. You can whip them up on the fly super-quickly so you don’t need to be forever fiddling in your bank. In addition, the role system means that preparation is more tailored and specific. You no longer have to account for every scenario - you know what role you will be fulfilling and can plan accordingly. Finally, we have made item management much neater and more streamlined with new stacking features, a dedicated weapon and item bar, and a reduced number of spell reagents.

Will Unholy Wars be as IT involved as Darkfall 1? Meaning that the IT guys who knows best about macro's / scripts can win this game? Same with autoloot scripts and such, or will there be this time a friendly customer GUI for all?
We have created a level playing field for all players, regardless of their tech knowledge. Skills no longer benefit from macro-ing or scripting in the way they did in Darkfall 1.0 and the new GUI (which is AWESOME!) is much more fluid and less complicated. You will find that playing Darkfall Unholy Wars is much more like a fantasy combat game and much less like a flight sim.

What plans do you have to make mobs like the dragon or the devil PvP hotspots?
The primary incentive is of course the loot these high end monsters drop. All loot has been rationalized and redistributed so it will be worth the risk and time to take down these sorts of boss monsters. Also, the new player point system offers additional incentive in participating in taking down the Red Dragon, the Demon and the other top rank baddies. This combined with the fact that these spawns do not operate like other spawns makes them quite valuable.

What is the idea behind momentum/crosshair wobble and how will they affect the game? Ex. Will an attack with increased momentum do extra damage? How much of a wobble will the crosshair wobble while running, walking, crouching, standing still?
Momentum and crosshair wobble are intended mainly adding an extra tactical element to Darkfall: Unholy Wars. Shooting a bow or spell while sprinting should not be as easy as when standing still for example. So sprinting offers the maximum amount of penalty to attack accuracy, running, crouch walking offer a diminished penalty while standing still has no penalty. In the same way, momentum makes movement more realistic and encourages proper positioning as opposed to sprinting all time while swinging wildly trying to land a hit. Still, however, Darkfall: Unholy Wars is a real time manually aimed game so these effects are quite mild as we do not want to affect gameplay too much.

Will the land masses of Agon change at all in Darkfall: Unholy Wars? Will there be new islands, changes in terrain features, new holding locations, etc..?
We have managed to rebuild almost every point of interest in Darkfall: Unholy Wars. That includes among other things Environments, NPC Cities, Player Holdings, Dungeons, and Spawns. When you first log in, you will notice that there is a huge difference in the Environments! They are all completely redesigned using a new system and the transition between a set with 4 environments for different times of the day is very smooth. Also each area has its own environment sets, so you will get a good sense of where you are in the world. Because of these changes and the dynamic lights, the nights look very impressive and they add an extra twist to the gameplay. In Darkfall: Unholy Wars you will find only 4 NPC Cities per Racial Area, three Faction Cities and a Capital. They have all been rebuilt from scratch, with the lore in mind so every city has its own unique feel and character with the Capital being the "Gem" of each Area. We also separated the Cities into Districts, so if you want for example to find everything magic related, you will go the Magic District of the City you are in. Another big change is that every city has a main Square in the middle, with the bind stone, Bank and Councilor and all the roads leading to it so navigating them will be very easy.

There has also been a massive update to the
Player Holdings. One of the biggest changes here is the fact that we removed the teleportation chambers from the Cities and the Hamlets. We felt that the advantage of instant teleport shouldn't be something that only clans had access, but every player in Darkfall: Unholy Wars. Additionally, city walls have a more important role since you cannot just walk into the city using a mountain slope and with the new role system and new skills jumping over them will be a lot trickier. All the Cities have two or more entrances, so even if a city is inside a cave or at the top of a mountain and has a defensive advantage from the terrain, it will still need manpower to defend the gates. All the Dungeons have new layouts, new monsters and bosses, and each of them has its own environment, combined with the dynamic lights. Lastly there has been a change to the overall land mass as the world has been consolidated to bring points of interest closer together in order to benefit player versus player action. The world is still very big however as the majority of the areas that have been removed are water areas.

Will encumbrance in Darkfall: Unholy Wars affect more than just damage outcome of spells / arrows / weapon swings and fizzles like it does in the original Darkfall? For example, will a warrior wearing "medium armor" move slightly faster or swing slightly faster than say a warrior wearing "heavy armor"?
Encumbrance has been totally removed from Darkfall: Unholy Wars as a concept. In its place, new armors have been created in order to cooperate better with the new role / booster system.

Will there be spellfizzles, wall of forces, knockup spells, bunnyhopping spells in Darkfall: Unholy Wars, or will they be removed or adjusted?
There will be an small chance to fail at casting a spell in Darkfall: Unholy Wars. However, this chance will become greater if there is a "fizzle" debuff on you. As for wall of forces kind of physics spells and abilities, we do feel that the new roles system has room for them, so yes they will be in. However only people of specific roles can use them and they will be more logical and balanced. Bunnyhopping is a concept we are trying hard to remove from gameplay but at the same in players we trust to find ways of abusing their abilities. In that case we will take appropriate action if we think something is game breaking or does not agree with the spirit of Darkfall: Unholy Wars.

Will AV be implementing a marketing campaign to draw attention to Darkfall: Unholy Wars with the intention of bringing in a large, fresh crop of new players, or is the focus more intimately aimed at keeping the current base on board?
Our objective is to target both. As Tasos stated in Darkfall Unholy Wars announcement “we made Unholy Wars for the people who love the original Darkfall, but also for those who were hesitant to try it, even for those who loved the concept but not the game itself.”

CLICK ON POST TO VIEW AND PARTICIPATE IN POLL
Posted By: JetStar Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/01/12 04:21 AM
Comments anyone?
Trying to find more information and talk to some people before I post. But just from that 1 readout they still did not address 2 of the biggest issues that would stop KGB from being active in the game.

The siege system re-vamp and the alignment system.

KGB can't be successful in the game if it is still a 24/hr a day job model.
14) Will there be an alignment system in the new version and if so, will be the same as it is in the older version?

Darkfall Unholy Wars has a different alignment system. In reality we are keeping the whole turning red situation when you kill other players in place but turning red does no longer mean you get attacked by NPC guard towers. It is just there to indicate to other players you might not be someone they can trust. What they do with the information is up to them. However because this would make the entire world rather chaotic we felt we needed to create some areas where players can perform some basic activities in peace. All the racial capitals and satellite faction cities as well as surrounding areas where players will make their initial steps have all PvP actions disabled. Even players belonging to enemy clans will be unable to damage each other in those areas. The vast majority of the world of course remains as it was. As a side note, while NPC guard towers are now completely off as they serve no purpose, Player holding towers will continue to faction as before.

from this interview: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Paragus1/102012/24100_Darkfall-Unholy-Wars-Interview-with-Aventurine
i thought the defender chooses what time the siege happens now am i wrong?
someone who plays still or did recently did they not adress the siege system for dropping 2 am sieges?
being that you have been in gw2 i did not think i could tempt you to darkfall donk but it sure would be the best if you where there
I don't have as much gametime and that is why GW2 is perfect for a lot of our players right now. A ton to do, pretty low learning curve but overall easy mode game that appeals to a ton of people.

If DF didn't leave such a bad taste in my mouth I would probably jump all over it. But to me it would be like going back to play Shadowbane or even starting a UO sub with the new rules. Just can't do it. Too much of the "been there done that" syndrome.

The things we accomplished in DF can never be duplicated. So many server firsts and one of the best siege records in the history of the game. If you play DF and expect to be successful on an organizational level you have to be ready to play it like a job and I don't know how many people we have that have that energy to play with anymore.

I am not knocking the game or anyone that makes a go of playing at it and wish everyone that does try it the best. I just don't see it being more than 5 actives and another 5 semi actives.
Posted By: Mithus Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/01/12 12:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
I don't have as much gametime and that is why GW2 is perfect for a lot of our players right now. A ton to do, pretty low learning curve but overall easy mode game that appeals to a ton of people.

If DF didn't leave such a bad taste in my mouth I would probably jump all over it. But to me it would be like going back to play Shadowbane or even starting a UO sub with the new rules. Just can't do it. Too much of the "been there done that" syndrome.

The things we accomplished in DF can never be duplicated. So many server firsts and one of the best siege records in the history of the game. If you play DF and expect to be successful on an organizational level you have to be ready to play it like a job and I don't know how many people we have that have that energy to play with anymore.

I am not knocking the game or anyone that makes a go of playing at it and wish everyone that does try it the best. I just don't see it being more than 5 actives and another 5 semi actives.

Donk is perfect on his arguments, DF even with all the new features, requires to play like a JOB, if you want to succed, and have your guildname to be recognized.

But if you just to hang out with some people and do some random pvp, you can do it with 5-10 people.

DF still a game that suit my taste, I do NOT log in GW2 because I do not feel myself challenged enough... while I will not have the time that I have like I played DF1.. will play DF2..

That's why makes all sense to me join efforts with OTG on the same tag, because they are already atracting several people from other same mindset players to play DF2.. they have now like now 30-40 people interested in playing..
PD didn't play this game. Mostly because when I beta'd the game, I felt that it wasn't a game that the majority of my player base, at the time, would excel at. The interface, and dynamics of the game just didn't sit well with me. I didn't want to get involved in another Shadowbane because we simply don't have that much time anymore. Some players in PD do, but the majority do not.

That being said, I am interested in this new iteration of the game. If you're going to be moving from GW to this game please keep me up to speed on it.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/01/12 02:22 PM
All those that want to play this round of DF, I hope you have fun. Personally, I rather eat the ass out of a dead horse then give Taso anymore of my time or money.
Posted By: Sini Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/01/12 02:53 PM
Originally Posted By: SirWilliamPD
If you're going to be moving from GW to this game please keep me up to speed on it.

I really don't think GW2 faction is going anywhere. KGB is larger than GW2, even if we make organized push (unlikely looking at the poll numbers) some people will inevitably decide to stay with GW2.

Our faction system allows members to pick and chose games we want to get involved with. People who play GW2 are playing it because they want to, DF2 will be the same.
i plan to sub and play on launch my feelings on gw2 are similar to mithus's and df gameplay was where its at imo the other people still copying everquest and wow just havent figured it out yet
Posted By: Drakiis Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/02/12 12:01 AM
People have responsibilities and this game does not allow for those.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/02/12 11:18 AM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
People have responsibilities and this game does not allow for those.
/agree
Posted By: Stubs Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/02/12 03:48 PM
I won't be. I liked DF but my available playtime isn't enough to justify a sub when I get GW2 for free.
Posted By: Atomsk Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/03/12 07:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
Trying to find more information and talk to some people before I post. But just from that 1 readout they still did not address 2 of the biggest issues that would stop KGB from being active in the game.

The siege system re-vamp and the alignment system.

KGB can't be successful in the game if it is still a 24/hr a day job model.

To ur Concerns about the one of the Big issues of Darkfall

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=331878

Personally, I will try Darkfall Unholy War regardless. Darkfall is one of a kind, no other game can take its place, hence that is what justifies a sub for Darkfall for me.
I currently dont like paying a Sub but Darkfall is one of those games that just cant be argued with, at least for me, i love this game and no other game currently can take its place.
I dont have to treat Darkfall like a Job for me to win while playing it, ill just play it as is, have fun, and im sure once the adrenaline kicks in the "Win" mode will turn on, and once the battle is over i will have had more fun then i could ever in GW2.
never saw it as a 24 hour a day game thats what alliances are all about mutul protection and if needed revenge on fags who siege at 5am
it does require you to play it yes but honestly thats what i want from a game not the face rolling across the keyboard that it takes to play gw2...
something that requires skill and some time to progress
something that isnt going to be replaced in 3 months by the next big fad game the ones kgb keeps hopping to every few months
we have been a multi game clan for a long time but when we pool our people into one game it shows and i just wish we would do it in this game its the closest thing to kgbs roots in ultima online than i have ever seen and its siege's are absolutely second to no game ever
i understand the appeal of free to play games
but combat is where the fun is and risk vs reward.
i have yet to see anything parrallel dfo for those qualities
for years before the original went live kgb raved about how it was the perfect game for the guild and honestly it is it just takes a little more work than logging in and hitting b to play
i wish kgb was up for challenge rather than laid back and easy.
dont tell me about jobs and real life i have both and can still play mmos and have for years quite hardsore at times
it boils down to how you want to play..
on the edge of your seat or slouched and barely paying attention to anything but which spell is about to refresh so can hit the corrospoding key
as i run back to retake the control point we took 15 mins ago
when you fight for something and that something actually means someting its a whole different gameand feeling

Posted By: Mithus Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/03/12 04:47 PM
the problem with games like GW2, they are really good in the first month to me like it was SWTOR. But after that I kinda do not see the accomplishment level and risk versus reward thing. You win a week in GW2, but next week seems like you did nothing, it's not persistent.

One fact that drives away too many people from DF is that if you fail, and that has a high probability, you lose everything that you have, you cannot just respawn and go back to fight as almost nothing has happened..

But I'm up to the game, persistence,player skills(it's requires more than FPS skills, because you have dozen of spells and effects to choose from) and consequences...

Do you know what KGB excels...
At managment, we have people here that in real life knows how to manage people, so they can put their real life skills in game.

The major problem of the college kids guilds are their egos, once they begun to get big, they blown from inside, because they cant manage their own egos, and are limited to a size.

If we can get 20 dedicate to DF from KGB here and do a serious work with other guilds we can make difference again..

we need to recognize our weakness and qualities
we have to be humble to recognize that our player skills cannot match these new generation of fps players, and we need to work something that we have the best is the managment, the tatic wise, the recruitment and the motivation to go against the college kids clans that are the ones in DF.

So we have to have numbers.. while college kid clans do not have numbers because they cant manage their egos, we can do that..

I only hear stories about how KGB was succefful on Shadowbane, we were succefull on DF EU, we can do that again!
Posted By: JetStar Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/03/12 07:12 PM
I am really going to try and put this together. Lets have a DFO meeting next week and see what we can do.
Sounds good, I will play too, I know I keep sayin it but as long as we got a small group to go out with through out the day. Ill be happy. Least amount of pressure on the clan with ambitions, and dual till we throw up. Focus on toons and skill. Ally or join with OTG and own some face.
I will give it a whirl too ... I share some of the same concerns that others have expressed. The time sink being #1. But, I think Morlander's view is my view in a nutshell.

DFO was the closest to Ultima & Shadowbane in its design & well suited for the playstyle I enjoy most ... GW2 is enjoyable, but the full loot PvP & a seige\holding system that is more then just a flip-flop of fixed assets is what I really liked about Shadowbane and DFO.

Even if KGB has a small presence in this game, a tight group running around mixing shit up in another title is always good for the KGB brand!
Oh ... and other point. I think this relaunch of DFO may have a distinct advantage over the origial, or even Shadowbane's launch.

I always felt the Beta runs for for both of these titles really caused major problems with launch.

In SB-Treachery ... the dominance of CoS was directly related to the presence they had in the Beta & really left some people with a bad taste for the type of hardcore PvP that SB was. It was not until the large beta guilds broke up, the early servers were shut down and server merges started taking place that the real SB started to show its potential (not to mention the plague that was the sb.exe errors early on) ... at that point, though, it took had taken a toll on healthy server populations.

Likewise, DFO had a similar launch experience ... the beta guilds just had a huge foot up at the start, discouraging many because they could not compete right away ... the large beta guilds broke up (or were forced by KGB and allies!!!) ... populations moved on and the game suffered.

While betas are a reality of MMOs, it really is a catch 22 ... here's to hoping a relaunch here won't suffer the same situation.
Posted By: Daye Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/05/12 10:59 PM
I can't compare it to DF1 as I had no experience with it. According to most I've heard that did play it, I missed little :D

That being said, if this game is one that requires ungodly amounts of time to invest to be competitive, then it isn't something I will even try to partake in. At most, I can do a few hours per week anymore. I've considered retiring from online gaming more than once in recent years because of this.

I have found over the years, that unless you can put in mad amounts of time, you will forever be fodder for those who can.
You can't compete with those who are retired, unemployed, or have the entire summer off when it comes to in game time.
Posted By: Mithus Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/05/12 11:10 PM
Rest assured Daye, character development will be a fraction of what it was.
The only one feature that hindes most of people and they deny it by their pride, is the full loot feature, because high skill players will prey on groups with low player skill.
And the gathering and farming time is not that fast, so people get high frustated by losing everything of course.
Posted By: JetStar Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/06/12 09:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Daye
I can't compare it to DF1 as I had no experience with it. According to most I've heard that did play it, I missed little :D

That being said, if this game is one that requires ungodly amounts of time to invest to be competitive, then it isn't something I will even try to partake in. At most, I can do a few hours per week anymore. I've considered retiring from online gaming more than once in recent years because of this.

I have found over the years, that unless you can put in mad amounts of time, you will forever be fodder for those who can.
You can't compete with those who are retired, unemployed, or have the entire summer off when it comes to in game time.

DF1 was by far and above the best experience in gaming I have ever had. I still remember the intimate details of some of the giant battles. Far and away the BEST OF THE BEST even with the short comings.
I would have to agree with Jet especially early EU days. Now at that point i wasnt a part of KGB but i would put the early EU days above my UO days. Who knows what DF:UW will hold but i think if nothing else it will be a ton of fun for the first few months like DF1 was.
Posted By: JetStar Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/07/12 04:58 AM
Darka and Critter are IN!
instrament around anymore?
I wish you guys the best.

I played DF as well and though it had it's shortcomings it was an unforgettable experience. The gameplay was extremely challenging and made me a much better gamer if that makes any sense.
Posted By: SabinF Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/08/12 09:30 PM
I'm bringing Zar and one other with me if that counts
Posted By: JetStar Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/08/12 11:17 PM
Good deal, I am going to hold a meeting this coming week.
Suuuuup Sabin
wow epic sadface.... we gotta get more players redy for this
= totally in if you say YOU LOVE PVP THEN GO TO OPEN LOOT!!!
I may try DF2, but to be honest I don't think enough has changed for me to play it in any capacity like I did before. If one can completely burn themselves out on something, then I did on this game. There were fun times, but in the end there were a lot of times of frustration with many aspects of the game. The grind epically fucked this game for me. I put as much time in the game as some people put in a 40 hour a week job. To go back would be like trying to get back with an Ex Girlfriend that was crazy/fun, but more crazy than fun!
it did have its problems but at the same time the biggest problem imo i had was lack of people to play with which is exactly why i quit.
the combat was fast pased and more exciting than any other mmo i ever played and when it comes down to it combat is exactly why i play these types of games.
the siege leaders could use real life strategy in laying out sieges (knowlegde of the art of war was highly coveted and powerful)
i cant see going to play something that just doesnt feed that need simply cuz it the new thing everyone is trying
and i have yet to see another game with combat of this type.
the elder scroll onine seems like it may have a bit of twitch play but probly not on the same scale

would be awsome to have you there with us wolf
to be honest it would be awsome to have the entire kgb nation but the way the poll has gone it probly going to be a bIt of a struggle again cuz of numbers but honestly if we can make it thru that recruit and get a group of people then in the end it will be worth it cuz i truely think this game was made for kgb to have a pressence in it
I'll give it a try.
i got a plus one mindfist old friend and a former kgb i have played games with for many years hes gonna join us on this one
Posted By: Tasorin Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/15/12 06:07 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Daye

DF1 was by far and above the best experience in gaming I have ever had. I still remember the intimate details of some of the giant battles. Far and away the BEST OF THE BEST even with the short comings.

Beta and Early EU where absolutely hands down the Pinnacle for DFO. We had a great crew, we had a lot of lolz and server population was high with a very robust meta-game. All of those things allowed us to overlook the critical flaws and just enjoy the sweet sweet sound of Ass Raping King Man-Anus.
Posted By: Sini Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/15/12 06:36 PM
Then DF honeymoon ended and we woke up one day next to an obnoxious nag that made us endlessly grind, bunny hop and take out the garbage in the middle of the night.
actually most of you got side tracked with the wonderful pos game aion....
which is generally what happens in mmos with kgb a new game comes out and people cant sit still and the faction collapses
it went dfo-aion-rift-swtor each faction falling due to a new game for the most part
Posted By: Vuldan Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/17/12 02:14 AM
Originally Posted By: morlander
actually most of you got side tracked with the wonderful pos game aion....
which is generally what happens in mmos with kgb a new game comes out and people cant sit still and the faction collapses
it went dfo-aion-rift-swtor each faction falling due to a new game for the most part

/This
Posted By: Kaotic Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/17/12 03:19 AM
While the assertion that we, as a group, have gamer ADHD is largely true, that recollection of events isn't exactly accurate. There are quite a few of us who quit gaming altogether a month or two after the US server release because we got so disillusioned with DF. Unfortunately, that disillusionment isn't easily forgotten for many of us, and that is the reason for our reluctance to commit to the second iteration of a game that left such a bad taste in our mouths.
Posted By: Mithus Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/17/12 07:54 AM
DF2 will be the game to KGB play, using tatics and intelligence..
Now that you cannot be everything..
ill give it a try but my gameplay will b limited much like mithus said. we are all older married/kids etc. hehe and my fingers dont work like they use to. old age cramps etc. im going the less clicky of all the classes as far as my class selection goes. im thinking archer hehe
Originally Posted By: Mithus
DF2 will be the game to KGB play, using tatics and intelligence..
Now that you cannot be everything..

that right there is absolutely correct with roles now and not everyone playing the same role i expect combat to be hands down better and more tactical
Posted By: Owain Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/17/12 09:04 PM
" There are quite a few of us who quit gaming altogether a month or two after the US server release because we got so disillusioned with DF."

Disillusioned is not the word. Pissed is more accurate, which is partly why I'm not altogether champing at the bit to jump back into Darkfall - Planetside, maybe...
what where you pissed about?
Posted By: Owain Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/19/12 02:22 AM
I was pissed that after buying the game for the European server, they expected me to buy it again when the North American server opened. Nice way to support the people who supported you. Fuck you very much.
Posted By: Hare Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/19/12 10:58 AM
Wait Darka's hands are more tired now that he is married?
Everyone gonna let that go? Just sayin...
Posted By: Owain Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/19/12 12:59 PM
Busy, busy, busy...
Originally Posted By: Lorddarka
ill give it a try but my gameplay will b limited much like mithus said. we are all older married/kids etc. hehe and my fingers dont work like they use to. old age cramps etc. im going the less clicky of all the classes as far as my class selection goes. im thinking archer hehe

Old age cramps? Sounds like your menstruating.
Originally Posted By: Owain
I was pissed that after buying the game for the European server, they expected me to buy it again when the North American server opened. Nice way to support the people who supported you. Fuck you very much.

dont think that actually happened... people that didnt want to wait for transfers have to buy the game again or what i dont recall having to buy the game again and val seems pretty damn sure that was a rumor and never happened..
i waited for my toon and account to be transferred and didnt rebuy the game myself...(anyone else remember actually having to pay twice?)
i know a bunch of people got pissed and quit but if thats why it seems kind of silly specially cuz there still isnt much better out there deffinitly nothing that compares
whatever ive passed my good pvp skills onto critter. now ill be the bitch hitting rocks and chopping down trees.
Posted By: Owain Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/20/12 03:39 AM
That was the situation as it stood just prior to the opening of the North American server. At that time, they were very apologetic, but they had a different partner in Europe for distribution than they had in North America, and they said their hands were tied. There was a big stink, and they lost a LOT of good will, and many customers. After the server opened, they very well may have reconsidered and reversed that decision, for for many of us, it was too little, too late.

Here is an entry from a Darkfall blog written when the North American server opened.

"Fifty bucks isn't chump change in this economy, but it's what Aventurine is asking as the price of admission to their new North American Darkfall server. If you want in you need to purchase a brand new account, and that brand new account is the price of a brand new game."

At that time, that price was more than many were willing to pay. If they changed that policy, I never heard it, and probably wouldn't have come back if I had. Fuck 'em!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2009/07/15/the-daily-grind-have-you-re-rolled-on-darkfalls-na-server/
Yeah thats supremely shity.
im very glad to see they learned a bit and are offering the new game to those who bought dfo for the price of subbing
Posted By: Corpus Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/21/12 03:14 AM
I share many of your views too. I haven't followed anything about df2 so have no expectations beyond to have fun. Work is time demanding atm but I am willing to give df2 a try.

KGB still has friends on DF that will be in df2. We won't be alone.
Posted By: Mithus Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/21/12 03:44 PM
While I agree with people that have left DF1 because the flaws.

Which was the last game since SB that had around 50 people after 1 year of launch?
Darkfall was the game that had more than 50 active players even after 1 year of launch in those last 7 years.

Now game after game, that launchs people quit after 1,2 or 3 months, and then what is left?
Maybe 10 enthusiasts kgbers of a specific game.

So?
Time to you come back to KGB and play DF2 together
Posted By: Corpus Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 11/22/12 07:05 AM
... we are all older married/kids etc....

Kids? Darkka... should somebody be calling Social Services or something?
Originally Posted By: Ismash Grimblood
... we are all older married/kids etc....

Kids? Darkka... should somebody be calling Social Services or something?

Down in the Appalachia mountains it's required to have 6 kids and a moonshine still.
Posted By: Ifantis Re: DARKFALL: UNHOLY WARS POLL AND STATEMENT - 12/02/12 04:35 PM
I still cant stand to think of going back to anything with darkfall in the name. That constant grinding everyday to only pass up people who took time off was horrible. Im still sticking it out in mortal online it has a infinite free trial now too btw
I'm not a fan of Darkfall, I spent a lot of time in this game. However there are a lot of changes being made. I will at least take a look to see what they've done. Also Ifantis, we are present in other games such as Planetside 2, Guild Wars 2 & Salem I believe. Come play with us!
© The KGB Oracle