The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/02/12 10:24 PM
KGB TURNS 15 ON JUNE 10TH, 2012

Here is a picture from 1997 in KGB's second game Ultima Online (Pacific Shard).

It has been a long 15 years of gaming for the Knights of Glory and Beer. We have seen literally thousands of people pass through our ranks over the long haul.

What a great haul it has been. Watch for some key articles, videos, and posts over the coming month to re-live some of our glory. The future promises many opportunities as we continue to adapt to the ever changing world of online gaming.

I wanted to personally thank EVERYONE that has been a part of this phenomenon over the last 15 years. We remain one of the oldest organizations in this world.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KGB
Posted By: Drakiis Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/02/12 11:09 PM
Happy Birthday to all those who have served with loyalty and distinction, and all those who continue to serve. We are a Legacy Clan unlike any other, we do not always choose our fights, some are chosen by others but we rise to meet the challenges where ever they may be. It has never been about winning every engagement, but more so about showing up to the fight and making the difference. True Glory comes in the respect one earns from his peers, and while there are other Legacy Clans as old as us, few can boast that they are as Iconic as us. In the way we wage war, and as the sides we choose define our qualities our actions sound immortally noble. That is what we are known for and take pride in, and that is something no clan can take away from us.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/03/12 07:53 AM
GLORIOUS!!!!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/03/12 08:54 AM
Except for Drakiis.

He only knows how to sit in trees and be afk.
Posted By: Thomas Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/03/12 11:57 AM
Raises mug!
Posted By: Vuldan Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/03/12 12:19 PM
Well said..and well done. 15 years, and still going, bumps, bruises and all..
Posted By: Drakiis Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/03/12 05:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
Except for Drakiis.

He only knows how to sit in trees and be afk.

fuck ya if you don't like christmas
Posted By: Valaria Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/03/12 06:11 PM
Cheers to all our past present and future knights! Amazing that is has been 15 years, most of us were very young when this started and look how we all have grown. Here's to many many more!
Posted By: stunna99 Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/03/12 07:07 PM
Figured id stop by since it has been 15 years... good to see some of the old faces are still around... and how the hell is Romeo still alive hahah... good to see you guys.

BlacK-KnighT-BK-Stunna
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/03/12 08:09 PM
BK you better be playing GW2 with us.
Posted By: stunna99 Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/03/12 08:14 PM
when does it come out and is it PVP?
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/03/12 09:59 PM
It's all PvP and there is a beta event this weekend. Looking at winter release.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/04/12 03:47 AM
congrats :)
Posted By: Vasdef Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/04/12 06:10 AM
Good to see all the old faces still in here. For those (1 or 2 of you?) who remember me (Shadow Bane/DFO..and others) I'm looking to be re-enstated with a lil rankin as I've been here (sort of) for about 3 years now and been fighting along side you guys since Shadowbane...hehe. Who do I need to See? Jetstar? Who will vouch for me?
Posted By: Vasdef Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/04/12 06:11 AM
Looks like KGB will be 15 just in time to catch the last day of GW2 beta days this coming weekend.! Happy B-DAY KGB!
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/04/12 02:01 PM
Originally Posted By: stunna99
Figured id stop by since it has been 15 years... good to see some of the old faces are still around... and how the hell is Romeo still alive hahah... good to see you guys.

BlacK-KnighT-BK-Stunna

Glad to see you are still kicking and hope ShareZAR and your family are all doing well also! Maybe you will pop by in Salem with us, free sandbox MMO with PvP/Permadeath and open looting...sounds like its time for us to game together once again!
Posted By: Valen Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/04/12 02:53 PM
Good Lord, 15 years.. That seemed to go by rather quickly. Alot of wonderful people have come and gone in that time, and I for one can count almost all of my favorite gaming memories within it.

Congrats to Jet for being too damn stubborn to ever *really* give up and walk away, through all the good times and the bad.

Found an old CD with some of those memories this morning:

Playing Asheron's Call 2 Beta with Vuldan.

Some early-ish sieging in Shadowbane

Killing some Fallen Lords with ryu & Ken
Posted By: Valen Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/04/12 02:54 PM
Also: Holy shit, En Sabah and BK. Hey guys, glad to see you are still alive and kickin.
Posted By: Elph Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/04/12 04:41 PM
vasdef fill out a returning veterans application
Posted By: Drakiis Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/04/12 10:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
Originally Posted By: stunna99

BlacK-KnighT-BK-Stunna

Glad to see you are still kicking and hope ShareZAR and your family are all doing well also! Maybe you will pop by in Salem with us, free sandbox MMO with PvP/Permadeath and open looting...sounds like its time for us to game together once again!

ShareZar is a good gaming companion of mine and I have been concerned since I haven't seen him around for a long time, we played DFO together and that was the last time I saw him after we both quit. I hope he is alright, send him my regards and tell him there is always a beer ready for him at my table.
Posted By: Heidi Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/05/12 04:59 AM
*insert inspiring and witty remark here*
Posted By: Vasdef Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/05/12 01:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Elph
vasdef fill out a returning veterans application

already did...see you in game soon!
Posted By: stunna99 Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/07/12 02:56 AM
Sharezar is still alive... he keeps jumping games im not even sure what hes playing right now...sadly ive been still playing UO and started up on diablo 3.... but if theres a good pvp game out im always down too own some people... and wouldnt mind doing it next to fruity romeo... some good memorys with that guy, and Thomas, Ryu, Speed... good old days hit me up on skype if anybody has it since i dont have access to anything that KGB is useing to talk with... my name is stunnna99...
Posted By: stunna99 Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/07/12 03:29 AM
Shit i didnt even see VALEN... man whats up brotha hit me up on skype!!
Posted By: Hare Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/07/12 08:55 PM
Grats to the entire KGB crew. Thanks to Jet for keeping it going during the thin patches. Lets tag and do some damage in GW2 and Salem. Play to crush (can't believe I am the first one to throw that out)!
Posted By: Kaobang Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/07/12 09:51 PM
Happy birthday and congratulations guys;)
Posted By: Viper Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/08/12 04:59 PM
Happy Birthday KGB!

Gratz to Jet for keeping us all together for this long and giving us a place to form life long friendships... Oh yea, and to dominate in games!
Posted By: Valen Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/14/12 03:28 PM
One of the things that just struck me about the image in the OP is the dude that was immortalized as he ran across the WBB Bridge to inquire as to what the hell was going on.

I must have seen that image a hundred times over the years, and I never stopped to think about the hillarity of that one dude.
Who was he? Did someone answer his question? Will we ever know?
Posted By: Tonto_KGB Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/18/12 09:33 PM
Heck yea!

Congrats on 15 years, that is a fantastic accomplishment.

I uusally spend most of my gaming time on PS3 these days (ID: OSUBuckeye420), but, I'll have to get in Vent one of these nights and say hi to everyone.
Posted By: Chivas Re: 15 YEARS OF KGB! - 06/22/12 08:00 AM
Kinda Late, but Happy Belated Birthday to KGB!
Glad to see the old and familiar names. I see En Sabah Nur? Where is that old bastard who keep screaming "Heal Me!" in Pacific days? LOL.

Glad you all do well, and I thank JetStar as well for not getting tired of us and keep The KBG exist.

Raise Mug
© The KGB Oracle